Take it for what it's worth

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
Are you on staff? If so why not indicate the fan's discontent with this crap we call a program right now? My father would roll over in his grave if he knew this was happening to his beloved institution!

What staff? The UAA? LOL

You obviously don't know Swamp Donkey and T-Rex. The fact that I think differently than them threatens them. Their fear of something different causes them to claim I work for the UAA in order to discredit me in some way.

No, I do not work for UF in any way, shape or form.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Are you saying that I am lying about it being said on the radio or that what they said is untrue?

Not sure here.

They were talking about recruits this cycle.
I have made the the statement here that the fan base impacts players' decision to attend a school. I've been told this is a lie.

I am just saying what has been told to me.

Long, long time ago, when I was around people who were potential players, they would speak about the fans. They wanted to be where the fans were supportive, loud, obnoxious, fun, etc.

Believe it or not, I was told, on more than one occasion, UF had a reputation for negative fans...this was back in the late 70's early 80's...probably based on the late 60's, early 70's...Don't shoot the messenger...this is what I was told by potential recruits.

Personally, in the mid and late 80's I thought we had the best fans. We were there every game packed solid, drunk as hell, yelling like crazy till the bitter end whether we lost or won. I do not recall many boos but I do recall lots of loses and signing its great to be a florida gator at the end of the game walking out.

Again, personally, now that I look back over it, I was there for the players and not the other way around. I guess that is why I am not going all negative when we lose. Make constructive criticisms and move on.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Are you saying that I am lying about it being said on the radio or that what they said is untrue?

Not sure here.

They were talking about recruits this cycle.
Oh, my statements before were if previous recruits thought this current recruits would not or could not.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The reaction on here is hilarious.

Someone else says something on the radio.

I post "look what this guy said"

People melt down and get angry at me.

LOL

G2222, no surprise that these fans are putting you down for presenting a different banner. Blame must all go
onto Mac&crew - all. Your lean is cogent = if the inside fans are sure Mac&program are doomed, what positive
draw can a prospect get from reading or hearing all that? It's a horrid Catch-22. It is quite reliable to expect that
a rah-rah upbeat fan base would contribute some attractive force in the minds of players envisioning playing in
front of such positive fans.??

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The reaction on here is hilarious.

Someone else says something on the radio.

I post "look what this guy said"

People melt down and get angry at me.

LOL

Not everybody. There are a few of us who get where you're coming from. I don't always agree with everything you say here, but I can see the angle you're coming from and agree with some of it. We'll always have a few very outspoken blow-hards, but the rest of us know you don't have to get angry and stomp your feet in every thread to prove your point.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
G2222, no surprise that these fans are putting you down for presenting a different banner. Blame must all go
onto Mac&crew - all. Your lean is cogent = if the inside fans are sure Mac&program are doomed, what positive
draw can a prospect get from reading or hearing all that? It's a horrid Catch-22. It is quite reliable to expect that
a rah-rah upbeat fan base would contribute some attractive force in the minds of players envisioning playing in
front of such positive fans.??

Actually though, I was not presenting a lean at all. I had seen others debate this briefly in other threads. When I heard it on the radio I thought it would be unpopular, but a good talking point.

I did my best to present the information in as neutral a fashion as I could.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
the rest of us know you don't have to get angry and stomp your feet in every thread to prove your point.
tumblr_luwdljzcGI1qkyzt0o1_250.gif

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'll even be clearer about how I do and don't agree. I don't think the "noise" bothers most of these kids. They understand fans are fanatics, that's why they're called fans. However, I also believe 100% that a "few" kids could most certainly be turned off by constant negativity coming from a fan base. It sure would suck if one of those "few" kids was a stud 5* QB we so desperately need...

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'll even be clearer about how I do and don't agree. I don't think the "noise" bothers most of these kids. They understand fans are fanatics, that's why they're called fans. However, I also believe 100% that a "few" kids could most certainly be turned off by constant negativity coming from a fan base. It sure would suck if one of those "few" kids was a stud 5* QB we so desperately need...
Ah the straw....

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
If a QB is scared off by fans b!tching, he will be a failure.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Are you on staff? If so why not indicate the fan's discontent with this crap we call a program right now? My father would roll over in his grave if he knew this was happening to his beloved institution!
Interesting user name there? Mind if I ask how you came by it?

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I take it that there are some snowflake kids that have been coddled and can't handle criticism. If they see fans complaining about a 100+ ranked offense 2 straight years, the worse recruiting stretch in decades, and don't have the brains to see the problem is this staff, they probably couldn't qualify to play at UF anyway.

If some fans on a message board/social media scares off a recruit he obviously isn't ready to compete for a starting position for an SEC team. A recruit either believe the message their recruiter is selling, or wants to play for a certain place for the honor associated with that school, and the degree their livelihood might depend on.

Last edited:

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
It's not the negativity, which is justified. It's the SJW level reactions. ****ing comical.

Sundaysunday

Jul 27, 2014
There is nothing wrong with criticizing the staff when they fall short as often they have but it's all together different to be disrespectful as many are. I bleed orange and blue and am on this board daily, although I rarely post but I absolutely would be turned off if I were a recruit with no UF allegiance as I have.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
I still go back to all boards have to be similar. The insinuation is that gator fans are somehow worse than other fan bases? I just don't buy it, sorry

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator