Taven Bryan ready for breakout season?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
https://www.seccountry.com/florida/taven-bryan-most-under-radar-key-florida-2017-defense

Defensive ends CeCe Jefferson and Jabari Zuniga have generated a good bit of preseason buzz, the praise continues pouring in for the Gators’ young linebackers, and everybody wants to know where Chauncey Gardner Jr. will end up in the secondary, not to mention how the young defensive backs are coming along as a whole.

“I feel like he’s going to shock a lot of people this year. He’s very underrated,” Perine said. “That’s one guy like during this offseason he was working out, we would have a full workout, he would go in after everyone was done and walking out. He’ll go in and have his own workout. He’s working hard, man.”

“Squat, bench, curl, whatever it is, that man is a beast. I’m telling you, he’s a beast. He’s a beast, like he’s a real-life beast,” Gators defensive end Keivonnis Davis said. “He’s a monster. I tried working out with him over the summer, but I was sore the next day. He’s a monster. It’s crazy.”

“What it comes down to is I started realizing the time — I don’t have much time left, you know. I’ve been here for three years and I haven’t really done much so I really need to focus on my goals,” he said then.

Brett Heggie, competing to be the Gators’ starting left guard, was asked this week who he thinks is the toughest Florida defensive lineman to block.

“Taven Bryan, I’d say. His quickness off the ball and his experience, he’s a smart defensive lineman,” he said. “He knows what he’s doing. Powerful and quick — he puts the two together. It’s a tough combo.”

“He’s a beast, like, for real, for real,” Davis said. “I don’t think nobody would be able to block him come fall.”
-------------------------------------------------------------

I hope he puts it together this year. I also hope Davis knows you should be sore the next day.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
at 6'4" and 291 lbs, he is a big dude. Hopefully he has built up that strength during the offseason. Could really use a guy like him taking it to the next level.
While I think the freshmen are going to play and be pretty good, I don't want to rely on them, so to have upperclassmen that can hold it down and create a nice rotation will be much needed this season.

I think we will be okay on the DL, I'm worried about the LBers.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not worried about strength with Taven Bryan. His problems appear to be consistency.

On his good plays, he is as good as it gets. I was watching some youtube clips a while back (linked here, I forget which) and pretty much all the big plays that led to sacks by one of the DEs were started by Taven blowing up two blockers.

If he doesn't make it in the NFL, he has a future in Pro Wrestling though. He is a beast.

I think we will be okay on the DL, I'm worried about the LBers.
We will be playing freshmen at both DT and inside LB this year, no doubt in my mind.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We will be playing freshmen at both DT and inside LB this year, no doubt in my mind.
I know we will be playing those 2-3 freshmen regularly on the DL, however, I think they aren't your average freshmen, and will contribute in an effective way.

We are much thinner at LBer

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I agree and yet I can't remember a true freshman contributing at DT.
it's obviously ideal not to, but these guys look and play like upperclassmen from what I have read. They will be game changing before they leave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator