Taven Bryan to enter Draft: Top 10 Draft grades

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He, like CeCe and Polite, have been forced to play out of position.

Hed be much more dominant at SDE.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
And remind me of what round Bullard went in.....No disrespect to the guy but I'm thinking later round would be about right.

BluH2OGtr

May 28, 2016
Some might not agree with this, but I have a very fond memory of Taven bringing some "attention" to himself in last years SEC game in Atlanta. When he belly-to-backed that damn Alabama RB towards the end of the game....I greatly appreciated it. Its been a while since we had an absolute angry, aggressive defensive lineman, and quite frankly, I personally believe that we need more of that attitude from our defense. Best of luck to the kid if he decides to go pro.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Although I agree that Taven took some plays off, he was the only consistent DL performer we had once Sherit was lost for the year and Zuniga was slowed by injuries. Yes, his performance may not have lived up to his ability but he seemed to be the only DL that played hard at all during the back half of the season.

I also thought we would lose CeCe and Martez to the draft but honestly, neither of them played at a level anywhere near what the NFL needs.
I believe that they both need to return for another year but I assume that both of them will depart because today's players are too impatient and would prefer 3rd or 4th round money today versus potentially 1st or 2nd round money in a year.

If they stay, it will certainly help in the transition year. If they go, I wish them all the best.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Although I agree that Taven took some plays off, he was the only consistent DL performer we had once Sherit was lost for the year and Zuniga was slowed by injuries..
He was far, far better than Sherit or Zuniga. Those guys were weak versus run.

He took plays off in that he lost his technique not that he didnt give effort. most teams are going to be okay with that more than being lazy.

He's weight room freak I think you'll go high.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I would think 2nd round at most but the combine stuff might get some team to take him in the 1st round. While he cut down on it some this season he took himself out of plays too often with his style.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He was far, far better than Sherit or Zuniga. Those guys were weak versus run.

He took plays off in that he lost his technique not that he didnt give effort. most teams are going to be okay with that more than being lazy.

He's weight room freak I think you'll go high.

I agree, I think he has developed into a very good DL. I just wish the development would have happened sooner so we could have seen 2017 level performance in 2016 and 2015.
I also agree with you that the NFL, and gobs of money, seems to cure players of inconsistent performance and he will do well at the next level.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Although I agree that Taven took some plays off, he was the only consistent DL performer we had once Sherit was lost for the year and Zuniga was slowed by injuries. Yes, his performance may not have lived up to his ability but he seemed to be the only DL that played hard at all during the back half of the season.

I also thought we would lose CeCe and Martez to the draft but honestly, neither of them played at a level anywhere near what the NFL needs.
I believe that they both need to return for another year but I assume that both of them will depart because today's players are too impatient and would prefer 3rd or 4th round money today versus potentially 1st or 2nd round money in a year.

If they stay, it will certainly help in the transition year. If they go, I wish them all the best.

Well it's early, I'm sure we'll see some more departures.

I think Jefferson returns, he's 6.1 and 250lbs. He doesn't have an NFL position, unless he moves to LB. I can see Ivey leaving.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well it's early, I'm sure we'll see some more departures.

I think Jefferson returns, he's 6.1 and 250lbs. He doesn't have an NFL position, unless he moves to LB. I can see Ivey leaving.

He’ll play linebacker at the next level.

I think under Mac we ran a 4-3 defense. Under Mullen we would run a 3-4, I think? Which means we are going to have to shift some people around. Jefferson will probably play linebacker under Mullen.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
All I know is I watched Taven Bryan chase down FSU's running back on an outside run like he was standing still. He'll be great at the next level.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
His biggest issue, IMO, is overpursuit.
Coachable. He has the physical skills and needs the refinements practice as a full time job is going to bring. I could totally seeing him being a monster at the next level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator