TCU puts up 82 points on Texas Tech

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
t-gator;n91127 said:
I understand that but those offenses weren't ran by him.

Exactly. Which means he knows the value of having a great offense and hires a coordinator that knows what he is doing. Winning requires great offense and defense. Stoops is a defensive coordinator. Saban is a defensive coordinator. etc etc. It is inaccurate to lump all defensive coordinators in with Muschamp and Zook.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Bullag8r;n91129 said:
Exactly. Which means he knows the value of having a great offense and hires a coordinator that knows what he is doing. Winning requires great offense and defense. Stoops is a defensive coordinator. Saban is a defensive coordinator. etc etc. It is inaccurate to lump all defensive coordinators in with Muschamp and Zook.

I'm not lumping all those guys together. I'm lumping defensive minded coaches together with Florida. Those are all great coaches who delegate responsibilities very well. If our program was in better shape I'd say go for it. But for a quick turnaround and instant offense we're going to need an offensive minded guy.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
t-gator;n91135 said:
I'm not lumping all those guys together. I'm lumping defensive minded coaches together with Florida. Those are all great coaches who delegate responsibilities very well. If our program was in better shape I'd say go for it. But for a quick turnaround and instant offense we're going to need an offensive minded guy.

:snob:

your assumption is erroneous and your conclusion is faulty

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Bullag8r;n91138 said:
:snob:

your assumption is erroneous and your conclusion is faulty

Thank goodness I'm not on the search committee

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
G 2;n90986 said:
Gary Patterson has been mentioned previously by multiple people. He was won 5 conference titles and 4 top 10 finishes. He also has done something which Florida has never done which is have a perfect season where they finished #2. He has a 74% winning percentage which is slightly below Nick Saban's.

I'm 100% in on Gary Patterson. He'd kill I here.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
We can't do any worse that we we have now. Brighter days are coming...soon.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gary P. would be a Top 3 choice. Oh, if we only had a choice.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MatthewM.;n90963 said:
Because he sucks and is fat?

Why the hell do people always jump on a new dick every week after a blowout? Doesn't matter who it is. TCU will probably lose by 14 in the next 2 weeks but oh damn that game against a ****ty TTU team sure was real impressive.
You are dumber than a box of hammers. GP has shown the ability to adapt and compete at the highest level.

His rivals recruiting rankings are...

2010 TCU - 46 UF - 2
2011 TCU - 26 UF - 12
2012 TCU - 37 UF - 3
2013 TCU - 30 UF - 4
2014 TCU - 50 UF - 8

......yet his teams are consistently in the AP Top Ten. Seriously, stop drinking and posting for all our sakes.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n91106 said:
Patterson is a good coach. But we've got to get an offensive minded guy in here. We've got to get the offense fixed here first and foremost. I'm also concerned about a guy who's record drastically changed when his team joined a power conference

Well he may not be an "offensive mind," but TCU has the #1 scoring offense right now, and he took a Mountain West team and turned them into what might be the Big 12 champions in just three seasons.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n91214 said:
Well he may not be an "offensive mind," but TCU has the #1 scoring offense right now, and he took a Mountain West team and turned them into what might be the Big 12 champions in just three seasons.

Then let's hire his offensive coordinator because he's obviously riding his jock right now

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n91215 said:
Then let's hire his offensive coordinator because he's obviously riding his jock right now

He'd probably bring them with him.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Better hope of we hire an O guy that he has a good DC because that's where all our talent is. Can't waste it.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
It might take him a couple of years to establish recruiting here but I wouldn't be opposed to seeing Patterson here. As Williston pointed out we already have defensive talent like he's never had at TCU and I could see our present offensive players being about the same as when he had Dalton a couple of years ago as long as they got good coaching we should be more than competitive. Then again maybe's he's happy where he's at and I doubt he has the kind of pressure he would have here.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
t-gator;n91215 said:

You are way too deep into offensive/defensive stereotypes. Patterson has always had a good, tough, cutting-edge, scoring offense.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Those of you smoking rich rod's pole need to give up on him. There is no way we hire a guy who has been responsible for major violations.

Patterson is a great coach, but he is already in his fifties, very well paid and has no ties to UF or the southeast. He'd be a good candidate, but I think unlikely.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Bernardo de la Paz;91225 said:
Those of you smoking rich rod's pole need to give up on him. There is no way we hire a guy who has been responsible for major violations. Patterson is a great coach, but he is already in his fifties, very well paid and has no ties to UF or the southeast. He'd be a good candidate, but I think unlikely.
Well Bernardo, sounds like you should step up and tell us who our next coach is

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Patterson I'd be ok with, Rich Rod would tend to think would be a bad move.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.