Team prep and staff game planning

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
5 weeks in to this season and without a doubt we can see how this staff is day compared to night from the last one :deadhorse: There has been improvement each week. Summers has done an exceptional job with the Oline. The wide receivers are doing their thing. Grier has cemented his leadership and the starter position. The D has been dominant. Yes we have holes and some weakness, but once again this staff is doing an excellent job of playing to our strengths and minimizing our weaknesses. The team has a plan and it shows. I think the additional staff has already payed dividends with how well the team is prepared for their weekly opponent.

I loved Mac's statement after the game "I don't know if we're back, but I do know we will show up". both the team and fans are showing every week. The Swamp is once again a place that opponents are dreading to visit. After last nights game, one can have visions of going undefeated to Atlanta with only LSU a toss up, (because it's at LSU, if was in the Swamp it would be a repeat of last night). The East should be ours. A top 5 recruiting class and on to the playoffs next year.

Go Gators

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I started this thread and then went to read the Bama board thread of our game against Ole Miss, had to post this from a bama boy's post:
[h=2]Re: Ole Miss at Florida[/h]
Gotta wonder what the heck is wrong with Muschamp? A decade long paper tiger underneath Saban, Tuberville, and Mack Brown?

Because this isn't even Coach Mac's roster and they look like a team with a cohesive identity on offense AND defense. Early goings but I betcha Saban wishes a big job like this woulda opened up for McElwain in another conference...because they have the talent base and coach to build a carbon-copy of what is here in Tuscaloosa.​

We don't need a carbon copy, but without a doubt Mac is building a program to contend for championships.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
For reference, a road trip to Arky next year is our second West opponent.

Making the pilgrimage to Atlanta in December to see the Gators again would be most sweet, although Mizzou fans have paid top dollar the past two years.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This week, although we are playing a team we should beat with no problem, It does pose other problems with questions like, will there be a let down after beating Ole Miss, we played so-so our last sec road game, how do we play on the road,. So, let's see how this staff does to overcome these situations.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I would think that after 4 years of dawgchamp that the members here would be pumpers about what this staff has done. I know what it is, bunch of wussies scared to make a comment because they are worried about having another member throw it in their face down the road. Grow a set! State what you like or don't like.

There was plenty of talk when Mac was hired, and about the positional coaches, we're half way thru the season, mid term grades are due: Let it rip boys

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not sure why everybody keeps saying that we didn't play well against Missouri. We absolutely dominated them 21 to 3. The defense didn't give up a first down until about 15 seconds left in the game. The offensive line struggled against one of the better defensive fronts in the country. The game was boring as hell for sure. But it's nice to win games like that. And to never have the game in doubt.

The key to beating us is to not blitz. And to force the wide receivers to separate. If you blitz, Grier will make you pay.

One thing that we did not do much of against Missouri were quick passes into the flat. We have to figure out a way to get our wide receivers in space. We've done it off and on with Robinson with quick passes. Even if it's a running back in the backfield blocking, and if there is no blitz, taking off upfield for a quick pass opportunity. Of course I'm talking out of my ass a little bit. Coach Mac knows more about offense than all of us combined…

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.