Teams Think David Sharpe Has Round 2 Potential

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I have not followed this closely, but I do not believe this view was the consensus view around here when he opted to enter the draft. Here is an excerpt:

Every year in the NFL Draft, there are positions of strength with a lot of good talent for the NFL, but there are also positions of weakness. The offensive tackle position is perhaps the weakest position group in the 2017 NFL Draft class. This year, three tackles are expected to go in the top 25 in part because teams know that after those three, there aren't many attractive prospects in the class. That will cause some prospects to rise out of demand for edge protection, and one of those players who is benefiting from that rise is Florida offensive tackle David Sharpe. Sources from multiple teams believe that Sharpe is likely to be selected as high as the second round.

Click on the link for the rest:

http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftrumormill/article/Teams Think David Sharpe Has Round 2 Potential

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
NFL loves athletics tackles... even ones who cannot block.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I hope the team that takes him in the 2nd round doesn't plan on running the ball any....He was a horrible run blocker from the beginning and never showed any improvement.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He will be moved to guard at the pro level, doesn't move well enough to even play right tackle. He will be a late 2nd Day pick at the earliest.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Well Walterfootball followed up with a "Why The Slide" on Sharpe:

walterfootball.com said:
In speaking with scouts, they said the reason that Sharpe fell was because of inconsistencies in his play and concerns about his weight. The vision issue wasn't held against him, and many teams feel that if Sharpe moves to right tackle, the change will help him to mitigate any issues. The bigger concerns were that Sharpe was inconsistent on tape and some teams were worried that his weight could balloon at times. Those teams questioned his work ethic to keeping his weight in check.

The whole thing is worth a read as they talk about how they think he was drafted into a very good situation for him. Click to read the whole post:

http://walterfootball.com/ws2017dsharpe.php

Last edited:

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
:dunno:

I'm in the don't care camp!

:bananawave:

GatorStud