oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n193391 said:
Where is my sticky?
When he gets signed, which I'm actually starting to believe is a real possibility.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n194350 said:

somebody is reaching in this article, really reaching. Does this also mean all the veteran taking part of the first ever veteran combine on Sunday have courage. Courage in sports is an overused term, much like hero.

He has the courage to attempt to get a job he wants which potential could land him millions of dollars?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
rogdochar;194356 said:
Well... Sanchez lacked courage, trying to hide in a blocker's buttcrack.

:lmao:

It was very mysterious in there.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
TheDouglas78;n194353 said:
somebody is reaching in this article, really reaching. Does this also mean all the veteran taking part of the first ever veteran combine on Sunday have courage. Courage in sports is an overused term, much like hero.

He has the courage to attempt to get a job he wants which potential could land him millions of dollars?
How many of those at the veteran combine will be the headline story on every news channel? And, with most of the commentators saying how sorry they are?

I think that's what the writer meant by "courage". Tim doesn't care what they say.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;n194427 said:
How many of those at the veteran combine will be the headline story on every news channel? And, with most of the commentators saying how sorry they are?

I think that's what the writer meant by "courage". Tim doesn't care what they say.

Michael Sam will be at the veteran combine, so I'm sure he is going to get mass media coverage. Courage is a poor word to use for an athlete trying out for a professional sport career.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm sure the prez has already whispered Sam words of encouragement.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
crosscreekcooter;n194449 said:
I'm sure the prez has already whispered Sam words of encouragement.

Neither are courageous. They are football players trying to get on to a roster. I commend both and all the vets who still are fighting to live their dream, but courageous it is not. The term courage should be reserved for those who truly are courageous. Going to a try out to get a job, that's just being a professional. Part of said profession is dealing with the media, and you have to deal with the media, surprise.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Never knew Dougie was such a Tebow hater. Shame.

No one gets personally ripped and ridiculed like Tim Tebow. No one. He doesn't care. It's admirable, whether your hating self thinks so or not.

:haters:

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Being Tennessee deep in my soul naturally I along with 99% of Volunteer fans have always wished Tebow well in his quest to be a viable quarterback in the NFL. Unlike Gator fans who consistently nay say and jeer Peyton Manning Tennessee folks continue to applaud his never say die attitude and determination to stick it to his tormentors like Merrell Hoge, who made it his goal in life to see Tebow crucified.

I wasn't aware all this time Tebow was seeing a quarterback whisperer to improve and fine tune his game. I was really surprised to learn Tommy Boy used this guru's services which gives this expert instant credibility. You have to give Brady credit for looking out for Tebow and steering him to this special school.

He's got a shot. Let's see what happens.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Alvin..er Ox I suppose when you bought this program you also got the built in ability to post as multiple aliases. I'm impressed.

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
crosscreekcooter;n194534 said:
Alvin..er Ox I suppose when you bought this program you also got the built in ability to post as multiple aliases. I'm impressed.

You are giving Mr. Brand, the Creator of the GCMB, too much praise by suggesting he has the ability to be that smart and Machiavellian. Alvin and Ox are opposite ends of the pole, oil and water, yin and yang......VOL and GATOR.

I have to tell you even the dumbest Vol fan would never make that patently ridiculous accusation that Alvin = Ox. It must be the food you people eat. I always thought nothing good could ever come from folks that wear jorts and eat Flipper.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'd be surprised if Tim Teabag ever took another professional snap. It would be nice if he made a team, but it's unlikely. I always thought he could do more good outside of football anyway. Look at what Danny Whore-Fill did with his Desire Street Ministries. Teabag has a 100 times the popularity and charisma, and can do way more.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I think Tebow's belief system causes him to care about all things. He just is fortified against ridicule-rejection, that's in line
with courage. He must also strongly want this NFL activity. I hope he erases much of the ridicule of the past, even if not
signed. Or even if it takes 2-3 years waiting as a backup.

I agree with posters saying he has a safe, fine career in Christian speaking and CFB analysis. It's also safer.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He got a millions off his first contract. No doubt he makes nice money now just for endorsements and speaking, He's a two time national champion who was never associated with any of the off-the-field Meyer era crap, a Heisman winner, and the SECs all-time TD leader.

It's good to be TT.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n194496 said:
Never knew Dougie was such a Tebow hater. Shame.

No one gets personally ripped and ridiculed like Tim Tebow. No one. He doesn't care. It's admirable, whether your hating self thinks so or not.

:haters:

It's not ripping a man to say it isn't courageous. It's not like he is running into burning buildings or serving our country in a warzone. He is a Gator Great, who has done a great job of training to take another shot at the NFL. As I stated before it's commendable, especially being he has made more money then most of us will ever see through his first NFL contract, speaking engagements, and his work with the SEC Network. But the use of courage and him being courageous because he went to a job interview is a little over blown.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n194651 said:
It's not ripping a man to say it isn't courageous. It's not like he is running into burning buildings or serving our country in a warzone. He is a Gator Great, who has done a great job of training to take another shot at the NFL. As I stated before it's commendable, especially being he has made more money then most of us will ever see through his first NFL contract, speaking engagements, and his work with the SEC Network. But the use of courage and him being courageous because he went to a job interview is a little over blown.
Backtracking now? Hater! String 'im up!

mob-smiley2.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.