Backtracking now? Hater! String 'im up!

mob-smiley2.gif

StormingOxMain.jpg
Ox is looking for trouble today.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
oxrageous;n194496 said:
Never knew Dougie was such a Tebow hater. Shame.

No one gets personally ripped and ridiculed like Tim Tebow. No one. He doesn't care. It's admirable, whether your hating self thinks so or not.

:haters:
Or more praised. TT is an entity beyond many we have ever witnessed in collegiate sports. He is at once one to admire and look up to and also a lightning rod for those that hate to have Christianity thrust at them outside of church walls. Me? I love the guy. Real as can be. Tough beyond imagination. Humble and savvy. He is a youthful hero to me. He fckn walks the walk. Some of my favorite folks in the world are Christian (or claim to be). No problem with it.
He could lead a team to success in the NFL no doubt in my mind.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
stephenPE;n194664 said:
Or more praised. TT is an entity beyond many we have ever witnessed in collegiate sports. He is at once one to admire and look up to and also a lightning rod for those that hate to have Christianity thrust at them outside of church walls. Me? I love the guy. Real as can be. Tough beyond imagination. Humble and savvy. He is a youthful hero to me. He fckn walks the walk. Some of my favorite folks in the world are Christian (or claim to be). No problem with it.
He could lead a team to success in the NFL no doubt in my mind.

Great points and I bet eventually will lead a lot of people to be better than they would without him, to have many healed by his charity, and I hope improve our country in a meaningful way.

Jand3k

I Don't Re Member
Sep 12, 2014
PastyStoole;n194614 said:
I'd be surprised if Tim Teabag ever took another professional snap. It would be nice if he made a team, but it's unlikely. I always thought he could do more good outside of football anyway. Look at what Danny Whore-Fill did with his Desire Street Ministries. Teabag has a 100 times the popularity and charisma, and can do way more.

Your attempt to make fun of how people bastardize names is hilarious!

However, I cringe when you do it to:

IGTBAFG

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
TheDouglas78;n194651 said:
It's not ripping a man to say it isn't courageous. It's not like he is running into burning buildings or serving our country in a warzone. He is a Gator Great, who has done a great job of training to take another shot at the NFL. As I stated before it's commendable, especially being he has made more money then most of us will ever see through his first NFL contract, speaking engagements, and his work with the SEC Network. But the use of courage and him being courageous because he went to a job interview is a little over blown.
So Dougie, is it courageous for someone to stare down cancer and beat it? Or do they have to go to war first?

Just curious. Since you've appointed yourself definer of all words and everything.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;n194729 said:
So Dougie, is it courageous for someone to stare down cancer and beat it? Or do they have to go to war first?

Just curious. Since you've appointed yourself definer of all words and everything.

I'm sorry if I don't feel like a guy interviewing for a job as courageous... I didn't know job interviews are so horrible.... Do you expect a parade when you return from an interview?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;n194729 said:

Just to follow up according to you Tebow interviewing for a NFL job while having a job with the SEC Network to fall back on (and money in the bank from previous NFL contract) is equal to someone fighting cancer.... Ok, as long as we are being rational about this.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Jand3k;n194719 said:

IGTBAFG

certain players are untouchable... fully agree jand3k.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;n194729 said:

Well I am sort of the definer of words that don't have an objective defination for myself. Now it depends on the seriousness of the disease. For example I had skin cancer some time ago, it was the kind that could have been serious but it was caught early. I was not afraid and I don't think many would be afraid. So I stared it down, drove myself for treatment through an ice storm, and beat it. No courage required.

Now for severe cancers that kill folks most of the time yes that takes courage since you could just quit, and everyone is afraid of it.

And no you don't have to go to war. I think it takes courage to teach in some areas and with some classes. I could go on but this should suffice.

And yes for concepts that have circular definations and non-objective criteria everyone can decide for themselves. Now in a common culture some things will be in common but others will be personal.

Do you think it takes courage to drive a race car of several types? Skydive? Ride a roller coaster? Now for some it would, others not. I don't ride roller coasters because I hate the fear. I think I could drive a race car of some type without issue. I would never even consider skydiving I am very afraid of heights.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
What the hell did I walk into? I was hoping to get some info on Tebow and wtf...

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n194830 said:
What the hell did I walk into? I was hoping to get some info on Tebow and wtf...

Tebow tried out for the Eagles, and according to the Eagles if they are able to unload Barkley through trade they will pick up Tebow.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Jand3k;n194719 said:

IGTBAFG

Well, I'd be one to talk as my screen name is a bastardized version of a Gator basketball great. But why should Enema Smith be immune and Skylar Morningwood not?

Jand3k

I Don't Re Member
Sep 12, 2014
Perhaps because of their greatness?

And I also like the name "A.M. Boner" from another poster.

can only imagine what the above will be turned into that I, "said".

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
TheDouglas78;n194788 said:
Just to follow up according to you Tebow interviewing for a NFL job while having a job with the SEC Network to fall back on (and money in the bank from previous NFL contract) is equal to someone fighting cancer.... Ok, as long as we are being rational about this.
So if a young shy kid musters up the courage to give a speach in front of the class does he have to be a police officer?

If a person that's afraid of flying gets the courage to go skydiving do they have to be a firefighter?

The point is there's all kinds of courage. And I don' think you can decide what is courageous to anyone else. The point the writer was making in the article was that most people wouldn't want to go through the very public rectal exam and vitriol Tebow constantly goes through when he's "going to his job interview". And to compare Michael Sam and Tim Tebow in any way us ridiculous.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Tag hit a home run = in surveys conducted by several studies "giving a speech" in front of an audience ranked as the
greatest fear, winning out over many physically dangerous activities. You can bet not one member of the debating club
ranked it that way.

That said, Tebow's biochemistry feeding faith & hope most likely blankets
out his biochemistry for fear.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;n195025 said:
So if a young shy kid musters up the courage to give a speach in front of the class does he have to be a police officer?

If a person that's afraid of flying gets the courage to go skydiving do they have to be a firefighter?

So lets compare a guy who has trained his entire adult like to be in the media and play a sport on a national level with national media to a shy kid giving a speech... You are reaching Tag, reaching as bad as that author. A person with the training to do something and be in the media. Embraces the media because it is part of spreading his gospel (which is a credit to him), to a kid in front of the class. A skydriver jumping out of plane to a firefighter... make sense.. You take two examples and make other extreme examples. I guess when the skydriver gets on the ground you are the first two high five. He also deserves National Media to praise his act... because that is the same.

I guess that argument is similar to your argument that Tebow's job interview is equal to some facing cancer. Because those are the same as well, right?

Gatortag;n195025 said:
The point is there's all kinds of courage. And I don' think you can decide what is courageous to anyone else. The point the writer was making in the article was that most people wouldn't want to go through the very public rectal exam and vitriol Tebow constantly goes through when he's "going to his job interview". And to compare Michael Sam and Tim Tebow in any way us ridiculous.

By the very points the article pointed out about the media attention is was quite apt to compare Sam and Tebow in that regard. Do they take two different paths, no question. They are two different talent types as well (Sam was a 7th round pick for a reason). But every move they make is going to be nit picked because of the paths they choose by the media. So if you are going to claim Tebow is courageous for his act, you have to say Sam is. But as we all can read from you response, you pick and choose when you want to use those values that you are claiming here.

Tebow has trained his whole life to be in the position he is in today. Which makes him a great gator and a great man. But lets not pretend that him going to a job interview to do the career path he loves is some courageous act.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Courage,bravery and fear are all responses to internal physiological-biochemical blood-floods. They can be somewhat inherited or evolved (trained)....Y'all's debate got me to thinking, which is something amazing. Amazing that a
blind person with a seeing-eye dog has his physiology changed from fear (xs caution) to bravery by a circulation
that travels thru a leather vessel outside his body(the leash). Just think hard on that, in the bigger picture. ??

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.