Tebow Comments On Dawgs' Effort...

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure if this has been posted, but I was reading an article in the Athens newspaper that referenced Timmy calling out the UGA defense against LSU. Here's what he said...

Former Florida quarterback Tim Tebow, now an SEC Network analyst, called out nose guard Julian Rochester by spotlighting the junior on a replay from the LSU game with Georgia trailing 19-9 in the fourth quarter.

It showed running back Clyde Edwards-Helaire picking up 17 yards to get to the Georgia 1 to set up a Joe Burrow touchdown run in the 36-16 LSU win.

“Look at the effort for LSU vs. this defensive lineman for Georgia,” Tebow said Saturday. ”‘Uh, I’m jogging, I could have made the play but I didn’t want any.’ If you’re a Georgia defensive player, that is embarrassing and you’re getting called out. On that play, three players were jogging to the football. Any one of them could have made the tackle. LSU, you weren’t jogging to the football. That’s why you dominated.”

It wasn’t clear which other Georgia players Tebow was referring to but it may have been linebackers Brenton Cox and Tae Crowder, who made the tackle on the play.

Tebow said some Georgia players were “pulling up on plays,” and called the lack of effort “shocking,” a season after a Roquan Smith-led defense was “ferocious,” in its effort.

Calling it like it is. Kirby attributed it to a lack of conditioning...

“I think conditioning is a major part,” Georgia coach Kirby Smart said Monday. “I don’t know that I would call it effort, lack of effort. I think being conditioned, being able to play 60, 70 snaps in a row, being able to play sustained drives, being able to play back-to-back plays, you can never be good enough at that. You’re always trying to improve. It’s something that we worked hard on last week is how many plays can you play in a row and be at your best. I don’t think it’s a lack of effort.”

One factor the article mentioned was that LSU had 81 offensive snaps against the Dawgs. If we can keep the offense on the field in similar fashion, well-conditioned or not referring to the UGA D, our chances become much better. I think it's clear that the important match-up is our improved O against their rebuilding D, which isn't the same as last season's edition with the loss of key players. Expecting us to be far more competitive this year than last. Win Special Teams and Turnovers and the world has a chance to be right once again!

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
A lot of upperclassmen leadership left to the NFL and graduation from last years team.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Love Tebow and his passion for this game, but I kind of wish he’d waited until next week to call them out on their poor play and effort.

Last edited:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Love Tebow and his pssion for this game, but I kind of wish he’d waited until next week to them out on their poor play and effort.

Agree. Tebow needs to STFU and tell UGA how great they are and that UF has absolutely no chance!! :D

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Same thoughts as Sofia

Unless Frank's throws a pick six, if their defense is on the field, they aren't scoring, so yea, we need to play chumpball on their asses, go for TOP and if it takes running it down their throats, a la chumpball, I'll take a win over the dawgs anyway we can get it.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Love Tebow and his pssion for this game, but I kind of wish he’d waited until next week to them out on their poor play and effort.
I guess I'm superstitious enough to feel the same way to a degree, but you can only get so much from bulletin board material, especially if it is the truth and not just an insult. Sometimes teams that have lost good players and leaders from one year to the next struggle with who's going to step up and lead by example. That switch can be difficult to turn on.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I guess I'm superstitious enough to feel the same way to a degree, but you can only get so much from bulletin board material, especially if it is the truth and not just an insult. Sometimes teams that have lost good players and leaders from one year to the next struggle with who's going to step up and lead by example. That switch can be difficult to turn on.

especially when the young players experience success easily early.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Head coach calling out conditioning. Uhhhhh.....Kirby.......it’s kinda your job to make sure they’re in game shape.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
A lot of upperclassmen leadership left to the NFL and graduation from last years team.
Roquan Smith graded perfect all four years. Not one missed tackle and one helluva motor. They're missing him a lot.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Roquan Smith graded perfect all four years. Not one missed tackle and one helluva motor. They're missing him a lot.

He looks to be a good pro as well, what little I've seen of his games. Look at their two deep last year, and see how many Juniors and Seniors were on it.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He looks to be a good pro as well, what little I've seen of his games. Look at their two deep last year, and see how many Juniors and Seniors were on it.
It really changes our approach if we feel we can exploit their middle. It opens up all sorts of possibilities. I hope Tebow didn't wake them up with the criticism.

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
Head coach calling out conditioning. Uhhhhh.....Kirby.......it’s kinda your job to make sure they’re in game shape.
Exactly. And 80-something defensive snaps isn't a condition of the game...it's a result of effort, talent, and planning (or lack thereof) on both sides. If your defense can't stop them and the offense can't sustain drives, well..........

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Not sure if this has been posted, but I was reading an article in the Athens newspaper that referenced Timmy calling out the UGA defense against LSU. Here's what he said...

Former Florida quarterback Tim Tebow, now an SEC Network analyst, called out nose guard Julian Rochester by spotlighting the junior on a replay from the LSU game with Georgia trailing 19-9 in the fourth quarter.

It showed running back Clyde Edwards-Helaire picking up 17 yards to get to the Georgia 1 to set up a Joe Burrow touchdown run in the 36-16 LSU win.

“Look at the effort for LSU vs. this defensive lineman for Georgia,” Tebow said Saturday. ”‘Uh, I’m jogging, I could have made the play but I didn’t want any.’ If you’re a Georgia defensive player, that is embarrassing and you’re getting called out. On that play, three players were jogging to the football. Any one of them could have made the tackle. LSU, you weren’t jogging to the football. That’s why you dominated.”

It wasn’t clear which other Georgia players Tebow was referring to but it may have been linebackers Brenton Cox and Tae Crowder, who made the tackle on the play.

Tebow said some Georgia players were “pulling up on plays,” and called the lack of effort “shocking,” a season after a Roquan Smith-led defense was “ferocious,” in its effort.

Calling it like it is. Kirby attributed it to a lack of conditioning...

“I think conditioning is a major part,” Georgia coach Kirby Smart said Monday. “I don’t know that I would call it effort, lack of effort. I think being conditioned, being able to play 60, 70 snaps in a row, being able to play sustained drives, being able to play back-to-back plays, you can never be good enough at that. You’re always trying to improve. It’s something that we worked hard on last week is how many plays can you play in a row and be at your best. I don’t think it’s a lack of effort.”

One factor the article mentioned was that LSU had 81 offensive snaps against the Dawgs. If we can keep the offense on the field in similar fashion, well-conditioned or not referring to the UGA D, our chances become much better. I think it's clear that the important match-up is our improved O against their rebuilding D, which isn't the same as last season's edition with the loss of key players. Expecting us to be far more competitive this year than last. Win Special Teams and Turnovers and the world has a chance to be right once again!

My comments several days ago in another thread:

I like the Gators strength, fitness, adjustments and mental toughness. Even if Dwags punch'em in the mouth early, Florida proved against LSU they can absorb it and respond. I like Gators' chances if its a one score game at the start of the 4th.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017

Hopefully Timmy gets to give them another earful after this week. :grin:

Glad to see you're back, sir. Hope you guys up there are doing okay. A lot of people here were stressing over your well-being.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It was an astonishing number. Maybe something 38? A very high number of seniors.
For that reason, I think you go at them super aggressive from the outset. Knock 'em back on their heels, make 'em wonder. Our defense plays best teeing off on an offense trying to play catchup, forcing turnovers and getting sacks.

Fromm is a cool cat. We don't want to let that dude dictate the flow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.