Tebow promoted to High A club - hits another HR

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
St. Lucie franchise is actually owned by the parent club, so more direct money in the Mets pocket. No other reason for the promotion, Timmy is barely hitting above the mendoza line. You can bet they will call him all the way up to New York if they are out of playoff contention come Labor Day, simply to try and sell tickets.

I love Tebow and what he stands for, but hopefully this will be a one year experiment and he'll be done.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Good for ticket sales. At this point I'm not sure it's good for Tim. It's just going to create more comments about this being a sideshow. That's hard to argue with when his BA hovering around .220, home runs stuck at 3. I'd love for him to be tearing it up. He's not.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
St. Lucie franchise is actually owned by the parent club, so more direct money in the Mets pocket. No other reason for the promotion, Timmy is barely hitting above the mendoza line. You can bet they will call him all the way up to New York if they are out of playoff contention come Labor Day, simply to try and sell tickets.

I love Tebow and what he stands for, but hopefully this will be a one year experiment and he'll be done.

He is too old to make the big leagues now but they wont be calling him up to the actual Mets just to try and sell stuff. My guess is he will get no farther than AA.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I just heard a conversation about this on the radio yesterday. Apparently, NY Mets have thrown in the towel on the season. They've already reached out to other teams to let them know they're open to any trades for any player. Speculation was that Tebow would be making his move up to be in the bigs by Labor Day to continue to draw interest.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I just heard a conversation about this on the radio yesterday. Apparently, NY Mets have thrown in the towel on the season. They've already reached out to other teams to let them know they're open to any trades for any player. Speculation was that Tebow would be making his move up to be in the bigs by Labor Day to continue to draw interest.

Lord I hope not. That's the reverse of what happened in NFL. There he was denied some chances which were possibly merited. Now he would get a chance he hasn't earned. That won't help his image or credibility as an analyst. And that's something that he's pretty good at.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'm left-handed but bat exclusively right-handed, punted with my right foot -- so I'm right bodied. Wouldn't hurt ticket sales to try him batting from the right side.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I hope it doesn't give him some false hope either. He's not a very good baseball player. I hope he retires after the season and return full time to his analyst job.

Gator by the Sea

Lifetime Member
Mar 9, 2017
I'm happy about it, because now I can go watch him when they come to play the Daytona Tortugas.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015

Why? If he is having a good time, making a positive impact and getting some publicity for his charities why would we want to stop him. I am quite sure that he will decide when to quit.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I already have my tickets to see him (right behind home plate) when they come through Clearwater.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Labor Day is the weekend between the A+ Florida League regular season ending and the post season beginning.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

St. Lucie like most/all the Florida League teams is where they hold their Spring Training and were there offices away from their actual stadiums are.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
For those in the Clearwater Area, St. Lucie plays at Spectum Field August 14-17,
Monday (7 pm) $14 - Pizza Fest Feeding Frenzy - all you can eat Pizza and other entries from surrounding restraunts
Tuesady (7pm) $1 - $1 tickets, $1 beer, $1 hotdogs, etc..
Wednesday (1pm) - Senior Day for you old fckers
Thursday (7pm) - Half price drink day all drinks are half off, even Zimas (for you pussies) are half off

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Joining Pete Alonso and Johnny Magliozzi on the squad too so you'll get to see 3 Gators at once. Pretty neat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.