Say it ain't so! Dwags sign six 5-star players

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Why do you think those top FL kids are going out of state? It's because most of them have handlers (especially the elite South FL kids) those handlers then send them to the highest bidder. Btw... That's well known by everyone in FL who coaches plus the trainers. It is what it is...and it's not going to stop!

I am not doubting you, but I know nothing about the handlers and bag men... I don't doubt it happens...

Does UF do it and just suck at it? Otherwise... how do we get any top players at all?

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
Why do you think those top FL kids are going out of state? It's because most of them have handlers (especially the elite South FL kids) those handlers then send them to the highest bidder. Btw... That's well known by everyone in FL who coaches plus the trainers. It is what it is...and it's not going to stop!

Do you think this practice would cease if they ever move forward with the idea of paying college players? Or would the "salary" from the school just be like a subsidy added to what the bag men have been paying (and potentially would continue to pay)?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I am not doubting you, but I know nothing about the handlers and bag men... I don't doubt it happens...

Does UF do it and just suck at it? Otherwise... how do we get any top players at all?

I agree w/ this. I find it comical that any time another school is doing well the cries of "they're cheating" or "bagman" come out. To think all these other schools are doing it and UF isn't is silly. If Alabama is doing it, so are we. If UGA is doing it, so are we. We hired TWO former Saban & Alabama assistants....not only that we filled our staff and support staff w/ former Alabama guys. So they're just going to come to UF and stop doing the things that made them successful in recruiting? Yeah, right. Like you said, I don't doubt it happens. But to imply UF is clean and straight laced is laughable. Anyone around here in the 1980's? Any here when Muschamp hired Vernon Hargraves sister to a support staff job around the same time he committed to UF? Anyone around here when our WR coach (Joker Phillips) got fired for CHEATING? Yeah, UF doesn't cheat....and everyone else does. THAT'S why our recruit classes are so bad..... If you disagree, go look up the word "gullible" or "naïve"

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
So Meyer landed the greatest recruiting class in modern history on his way out the door. How “broken” could it have been?

The Chimp managed to run off half of it and destroy the rest.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
So Meyer landed the greatest recruiting class in modern history on his way out the door. How “broken” could it have been?

We probably make the playoff in 2012. That's how much talent we had.

Mr. SEC

A Very Impatient Grown Up
BANNED
Aug 1, 2014
Since this is Georgia related, thought I would weigh in here. Regarding Muschamp, his mistakes were:
1) Meyer recruited offensive players to run a spread offense. Muschamp was determined to run a pro offense, even with the wrong type of players.
2) Muschamp never hired a decent OC. His focus was always on the other side of the ball, that is the way he recruited and coached. That will only take you so far. McElwain inherited a stacked roster of defensive players. That was good a bad.
3) Regarding closing the closing the recruiting gap - with better bag men. Great idea - go for it. That will work well.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
We probably make the playoff in 2012. That's how much talent we had.

Absolutely. Muschamp recruited fairly well also, that 2012 team had plenty of talent. The offensive play calling was atrocious. By the end of that season the offense was toxic and even the Defensive players were publicly griping about it....then the house of cards came crashing down in 2013.

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
I think that’s two different things. What you’re talking about is gamesmanship. Breaking the law is something else.

You mean the rules right? I'm not aware of any statutes covering recruiting, though I could be wrong.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

I’d have to go back and look, but many never made it on campus.

Not directed at Ox, just a general statement. I’m not sure the six 5* are as impressive as first sounds. Fields will be only one year behind Fromm, so no real separation. Two are RB’s, but i’ve yet to hear that Cook is even relatively close to his brother and that he’s riding coattails, although White is supposed to be legit. You have a DE at 225 that i’ve never heard of. Is he really going to play with his hand down. And two OL, and Mays has already been called overrated.

Not saying it’s not impressive, it is. But it has to convert to on field performance and i’m not sure that 3 or 4 of those guys don’t under perform significantly.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Interested "what if" scenario: What if Mullen had been hired instead of Chimp after landing that class?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Interested "what if" scenario: What if Mullen had been hired instead of Chimp after landing that class?

Interesting question. That staff had so much turnover in the previous 2 seasons. Not sure who Mullen keeps and who he brings with him from MSU. This will sound crazy but I'd probably be higher on Mullen back then than now. Why? He's had nine years...IMHO, we know what we have. Back then he would've been a huge unknown without the 9 year SEC losing record and the 2-17 record against ranked teams while ranked(take out Bama and it's still awful).

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
There is no "field of rules" that get violated by even 20% of those entities so bound. To exceed that % would establish chaos. Chaos is an obvious destruct that leads to domino-effect collapse, real quickly. A few schools may violate. Who thinks that what? 100% violate tax laws ... 50%? ... 25%? Logic won't take you to such conclusions - a psychological need to believe that will take you there though.

I'd rather have minds dissecting the "real" ways our opponent schools are outfoxing us, as they most likely are outsmarting us in some "craftier" but "legal" ways. No way does the NCAA like some Tuscaloosa metropolis dominating the CFB landscape.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Absolutely. Muschamp recruited fairly well also, that 2012 team had plenty of talent. The offensive play calling was atrocious. By the end of that season the offense was toxic and even the Defensive players were publicly griping about it....then the house of cards came crashing down in 2013.
Never has a coach done so little with so much talent. Made Zook look like the CEO of Mensa.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
There is no "field of rules" that get violated by even 20% of those entities so bound. To exceed that % would establish chaos. Chaos is an obvious destruct that leads to domino-effect collapse, real quickly. A few schools may violate. Who thinks that what? 100% violate tax laws ... 50%? ... 25%? Logic won't take you to such conclusions - a psychological need to believe that will take you there though.

I'd rather have minds dissecting the "real" ways our opponent schools are outfoxing us, as they most likely are outsmarting us in some "craftier" but "legal" ways. No way does the NCAA like some Tuscaloosa metropolis dominating the CFB landscape.
NCAA is afraid of Bamma under Saban just like they were afraid of Bamma under Bryant. I bet 70% of the rules were generated because of Bamma "misinterpretations".

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE="jdh5484, post: 659725, member: 182"Made Zook look like the CEO of Mensa.[/QUOTE]

No way Zook looks like me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator