Tennessee and Irma

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I have heard from several different sources that Tennessee is bragging about the fact that they made special arrangements to relocate the families of all of their players from South Florida to Knoxville. They are playing this as an example of compassion and a family atmosphere.

I believe that this is an NCAA violation unless they relocated the families of EVERY student from South Florida in the same fashion which we all know they did not do.

Am I missing something or should we notify the NCAA so they can do nothing about it?

amber1

Sep 1, 2017
Don't see the fault here. UF moved their players families into their players' apartments or University housing. What's the difference?

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Don't see the fault here. UF moved their players families into their players' apartments or University housing. What's the difference?

There is no difference, both schools have committed an NCAA violation unless they received prior approval from the NCAA which I doubt since it would take the NCAA six months to respond.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I have heard from several different sources that Tennessee is bragging about the fact that they made special arrangements to relocate the families of all of their players from South Florida to Knoxville. They are playing this as an example of compassion and a family atmosphere.

I believe that this is an NCAA violation unless they relocated the families of EVERY student from South Florida in the same fashion which we all know they did not do.

Am I missing something or should we notify the NCAA so they can do nothing about it?

It would have been allowed in a time of emergency, not the first time, not the last.

amber1

Sep 1, 2017
Nothing there DGD. NCAA would look like total idiots trying to put infraction on ANY TEAM helping players' families in an evacuation emergency!!

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ok. Just seems kinda petty and karma would probably bend us over for it. NBD.

I enjoy pointing out the ridiculous and hypocritical aspects of the NCAA. I ended my original post by saying "we should turn them in so the NCAA can do nothing about it." This was meant as a jab to the NCAA not an indictment of UT or UF.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I enjoy pointing out the ridiculous and hypocritical aspects of the NCAA. I ended my original post by saying "we should turn them in so the NCAA can do nothing about it." This was meant as a jab to the NCAA not an indictment of UT or UF.

I totally get ya. I'm just not sure this is time to point that out, that's all. We are always wanting them to do the right logical thing and in this case it would be to look the other way. I'd say that for any school btw.

Last edited:

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016

I doubt this. UF likely did not move anyone anywhere. More likely UF's encouraged players to have the parents come up and stay with their children possibly waiving University rules about the number and maybe ages of people allowed in the dorms for those who live on campus. This was in fact probably done for all students in University housing.

A violation would occur if UF went an got someone or paid for gas for other transportation expenses for relatives coming up to campus. That is what the word "moved" would mean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.