Tennessee hires new AD

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
https://www.seccountry.com/tennessee/report-tennessee-hire-john-currie-new-athletic-director

Report: Tennessee to hire John Currie as new athletic director

The search for a new athletic director is apparently over at Tennessee.

According to a report from Jimmy Hyams, the Vols are set to hire Kansas State’s John Currie as Tennessee’s next athletic director.

BREAKING NEWS: Source: John Currie of Kansas State has been hired as Tennessee's new athletic director.

— Jimmy Hyams (@JimmyHyams) February 28, 2017

Currie, who has been with Kansas State since May 2009, would replace outgoing AD Dave Hart. Former Tennessee football coach Phillip Fulmer was among those who were considered as candidates for the position.

Some of Currie’s accomplishments at Kansas State, per the Wildcats’ official athletics website:

KStateCapture_ltzmre.jpg

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Interesting and I wonder what they promised him.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Interesting and I wonder what they promised him.
Money. All the SEC schools got a gigantic slice of that ESPN contract to add to our pots of cash we already had.

UF is the only school pleading poverty and spending like a 1AA team.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Money. All the SEC schools got a gigantic slice of that ESPN contract to add to our pots of cash we already had.

We spend it on all sports not just the football players. Those other kids are entitled to it.

Yours truly,
Jeremy Foley

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

You must not have heard but our swim team is lapping the competition.

ChiefGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015

I happen to know that UT is short of money and unless you are a donkey money is not the only thing to motivate a person to take a position. And those gigantic amounts of money might be large to a donkey, not that large in reality. Now I will be on the lookout for the local info.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
And those gigantic amounts of money might be large to a donkey, not that large in reality. Now I will be on the lookout for the local info.
Yes, we know that hundreds of millions is chump change in Vulcanland and that you dont even bother with anything less than a billion.

UT might be short on change but our ADs are the only ones pleading poverty.

ChiefGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Yes, we know that hundreds of millions is chump change in Vulcanland and that you dont even bother with anything less than a billion.

UT might be short on change but our ADs are the only ones pleading poverty.

Vulcan land??? Some land where donkey's post? And 31.2 million is not hundreds at least it is not by non donkey math. Not to mention that there is some costs involved as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.