Tennessee loses OC to Indiana...

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
IU? That's a step down. Does the OC have any ties to Indiana? If not, that's a bad sign.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Interesting note from the article... "Former Oregon head coach Mark Helfrich is expected to be a top candidate for Tennessee's offensive coordinator job, a source said."

Helfrich failed pretty bad at Oregon after he was given the keys to a high octane offense... not sure he would make a great OC.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Interesting note from the article... "Former Oregon head coach Mark Helfrich is expected to be a top candidate for Tennessee's offensive coordinator job, a source said."

Helfrich failed pretty bad at Oregon after he was given the keys to a high octane offense... not sure he would make a great OC.

He may have been pushed out if they had Helfrich targeted from the get go. That's a good hire, IMHO.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
He may have been pushed out if they had Helfrich targeted from the get go. That's a good hire, IMHO.

I'm wondering the same thing about him being pushed out (like Summers going to South Carolina... I hope). I'm hoping Helfrich is not a good OC hire so I am going to keep saying he isn't... maybe then it will come true.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
They were second in the conference in scoring. If they're firing a coordinator it should be the dc.

Go Gata

Founding Member
aka Emersom Bigguns
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
UT's offense will struggle next year regardless. Their one man show is graduating.

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I have family in the Knoxville area, they wanted him gone... he saw the writing on the wall.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I'm wondering the same thing about him being pushed out (like Summers going to South Carolina... I hope). I'm hoping Helfrich is not a good OC hire so I am going to keep saying he isn't... maybe then it will come true.

Much like most OCs, if he has a good qb he'll be a "good" OC.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Some OCs can win with anything (like SOS with Fat Dog). Some OCs can only look good with great talent. Somes OCs (like Nusschump) look terrible even with Bammer's talent.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

IMHO?? Since when have you had a humble opinion,Trex ? ;) IMHO.

Heard UTn is replacing Dobbs with a pre-season picked Heisman QB candidate named "Bull Brickmason".

Last edited:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

Heard UTn is replacing Dobbs with a pre-season picked Heisman candidate named "Bull Brickmason".

Occasionally...every now and then...ha

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Bytch needed a scapegoat and had it in the OC. Although scoring did not seem to be their issue. They brought in a DC last year and that is definitely the problem. No matter who they bring in UT will slip if not significantly next season. This was Bytch's group he recruited. 4 years and nothing.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
ery

Heard UTn is replacing Dobbs with a pre-season picked Heisman QB candidate named "Bull Brickmason".

Throwing a brick-name out there reminded me = true story:
1980 my stepson was graduating from kindergarten (an apt German name). I always asked my son
to describe his day at school. Time and time again, this kid's name and escapades popped up =
Billy Bricksprecher, of obvious German decent.

So, in attending my son's K-graduation ceremony, it was spotting Billy Brickspecher that I was interested in. The kids were all on-stage, in the bright spotlights, sitting in these so very miniature
bleachers. I scanned and there on the top back row was this blonde, blue-eyed obvious Arian -
tuff, square-jawed face = the Billy. The precious lil girl next to Billy was loudly bawling from before
the song began and during it all - and unfortunately, she seemed the only kid with a professionally
trained voice. She was annoying.

Suddenly, there was a little shifting motion and that lil girl's feet spiraled gymnastically ceilingward
and she vanishedf from her graduation ceremony. Billy had dumped her into a fall of about a 5 foot
drop. Needless to say, she just bawled more, but at least then she was backup not lead singer.
Billy Bricksprecher for "Most Likely to Succeed"!

Last edited:

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015

I'd love to see TN putting out the putrid offense that ORE has had since Chip left.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Indiana had a good looking D, if he can help the offense at least it will be a win for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb