Tennessee o-lineman arrested on felony theft charge

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
KNOXVILLE -- Tennessee offensive lineman Coleman Thomas was arrested on Wednesday on felony theft charges after he sold a video game system and three games to a local store.
According to a Knox County Sheriff's Office arrest report, an Xbox, one controller and three games were stolen out of James Shelton's dorm room on March 13, the Friday before Tennessee's spring break.
Thomas was arrested after it was discovered he sold the items to a GameStop located on Clinton Highway in East Knoxville. The cost to reimburse the store was $176. Theft of items between $500.01 and $999.99 is a Class E felony.
The rising sophomore tackle was released on $2,000 bond, according to the KCSO report.
He has been "removed from all team activities," Tennessee spokesman Jimmy Stanton said.
Thomas was absent as the Volunteers held their second spring practice on Thursday afternoon.Tennessee offensive lineman Coleman Thomas was arrested on felony theft charges on March 26, 2015. (Photo courtesy of the Knox County Sheriff's Office)
According to a University of Tennessee Police Department report, the student reported the afternoon of March 13 that someone had entered his dorm room in Reese Hall and taken his Xbox along with a controller and three games. Those items, according to the UTPD report, were worth $640.
The 6-foot-6, 328-pound Thomas started five games at right tackle as a freshman in 2014 before missing a couple of games due to an ankle injury. When the Vols opened spring practice on Tuesday, Thomas was with the first-team offensive line at right tackle. He was one of seven players to speak to the media after practice.
Tennessee's assistant coaches are scheduled to speak to the media after practice.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Gamestop store clerk turn him in? You think that was Alvin? Couldn't be.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He will be back on the team and starting by the third game.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
divits;n198664 said:
He will be back on the team and starting by the third game.

Won't matter either way, this is the same dude who looked like a revolving door chasing behind McAlister, Fowler and Cox last year. But according to Tennessee fan, in between his robbing and dealing in stolen property career, he's become a good enough OT for them to win the SEC east this year.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm sure this story hits close to home with Douglas and wobble

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n198678 said:
Won't matter either way, this is the same dude who looked like a revolving door chasing behind McAlister, Fowler and Cox last year. But according to Tennessee fan, in between his robbing and dealing in stolen property career, he's become a good enough OT for them to win the SEC east this year.

Sounds like our tackles last spring

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014

Just laid another brick there buddy.

Attachments

• conv_2815.jpg
    conv_2815.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 24

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n198881 said:
Sounds like our tackles last spring
Right on. We haven't had decent tackle play for years it seems.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It was Tennesse so what kind of gaming system did he steal... an Atari 2600?

Sgt. Schultz

Banned
Banned
Mar 16, 2015
What I don't understand is that the article says that the loss to the store was $176, yet he's charged with a felony that has a lower threshold of $500. If he hasn't been in trouble before, this will be dropped or become a misdemeanor. Either way, I don't see him not playing in Gainesville if he's still a starter. I thought UT has recruited very well recently, so there should be some competition. As for UF tackles being poor the past couple of years, how can that be with projected first round draft pick D.J. Humphries? Of course, I'll believe that when I see it, I would think that how you actually play matters more than how you measure in size or drills. He was the top tackle in America out of high school. Let's hope the latest to wear that moniker. Martez Ivey, actually lives up to the hype. I don't think Humphries even made honorable mention All-SEC.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
circuscircus-pi_20120516181429997_660_320.JPG

Does anyone else notice the overpowering smell of cotton candy and elephant dung every time Sgt Semenhole posts?

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n199291 said:
It was Tennesse so what kind of gaming system did he steal... an Atari 2600?

Attachments

• conv_2825.jpg
    conv_2825.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 26

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member