Tennessee: The game that will decide which direction the Gators will go this season

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n60808 said:
Driskel had been struggling pretty badly basically the whole career, what else was he going to call?
FIFY.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think we're in big trouble the Tennessee game. They have good receivers Worley throws it around. I think a loss there ends muschamps career as the hbc here. Especially if it gets ugly and there's a good chance of that. Oddly enough I like our chances to beat LSU better than Tennessee.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n60808 said:
Driskel had been struggling pretty badly basically the whole game, what else was he going to call?

Call Roper up in the box and say 'hey, Jeff sux as usual, we obviously can't move the ball with him as quarterback, let's send Harris in to make an attempt at trying to get a first down, he's 2 for 2, 2 TD's and a QB rating over 1000, he gives us the best chance at being competitive'...

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
CaribGator;n61957 said:
Call Roper up in the box and say 'hey, Jeff sux as usual, we obviously can't move the ball with him as quarterback, let's send Harris in to make an attempt at trying to get a first down, he's 2 for 2, 2 TD's and a QB rating over 1000, he gives us the best chance at being competitive'...
He threw those two passes against players that should be playing for Northern Michigan instead of Eastern Michigan.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
rogdochar;n61985 said:
Shouldn't UT be better than UK ?

I think so from what I have seen but they have a lot of freshman playing. The one thing they can do is pass the ball and it looked way better than KY's passing game when watching it.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n61097 said:
I think we're in big trouble the Tennessee game. They have good receivers Worley throws it around. I think a loss there ends muschamps career as the hbc here. Especially if it gets ugly and there's a good chance of that. Oddly enough I like our chances to beat LSU better than Tennessee.

You won't in a few weeks.

You also liked our "experienced" QB.

itsgr82baflagator

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Alvin York said:
You make the point TENNESSEE is the game that will decide which direction the Gators will go this season. I have an even stronger theory. The Florida game considering our decade old drought against the Gators is the game tht will decide which direction the Volunteers will go this season.

Florida

Let's greet them
Let's beat them
Let's send them on their way

So let it be written
So let it be done

Let's us all stand for the playing of "
Rocky Top"
Alvie: Let me speculate that you are confused about the difference between the stream of consciousness that passes through your mind and the steam of flatulence that passes through your behind.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
We have to generate more of a pass rush, to help the secondary out. Maybe we can get the sack before their QB has a chance to see his WR running all alone, 30 yards down the field. If UT beats Jawja, they will be riding high, while we enter the game with our butts puckered out like a trumpet. We need UT to beat Jawja, because UT has a greater chance of losing more games. We just don't need their young players to gain more confidence.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
Although I smell what Ox is stepping in with this thread, I would have to disagree that bUTtchug is the game that shows our direction. I think that game will actually be LSU and here is why. We all know hate bUTtchug and ensuring we keep the streak of beating them going is a good thing. Hell I think I heard somewhere that they haven't beat us since FB became popular....that must suck for them! Anyway back to LSU. This is a team that may not be the powerhouse that everyone thought that they were at the start of the season or maybe they are and just had a bad game last week. However they will be coming to the Swamp where they had some success in the past and know how to win here. I think this test will be huge for our Offense and our battered Defense. If the Gators protect the Swamp against LSU, it could set the stage for the rest of the season in my book. Now do we have a lot to improve on before the LSU game, yes. However, I am confident that the secondary issues will be solved by then and maybe going to a 2 QB system (Wildcat) could as well show some improvement as well. GO GATORS!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
NCOGator;n62111 said:
Although I smell what Ox is stepping in with this thread, I would have to disagree that bUTtchug is the game that shows our direction. I think that game will actually be LSU and here is why. We all know hate bUTtchug and ensuring we keep the streak of beating them going is a good thing. Hell I think I heard somewhere that they haven't beat us since FB became popular....that must suck for them! Anyway back to LSU. This is a team that may not be the powerhouse that everyone thought that they were at the start of the season or maybe they are and just had a bad game last week. However they will be coming to the Swamp where they had some success in the past and know how to win here. I think this test will be huge for our Offense and our battered Defense. If the Gators protect the Swamp against LSU, it could set the stage for the rest of the season in my book. Now do we have a lot to improve on before the LSU game, yes. However, I am confident that the secondary issues will be solved by then and maybe going to a 2 QB system (Wildcat) could as well show some improvement as well. GO GATORS!
Just want to remind everyone that Carib originally wrote this piece - I just posted for him.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n62145 said:
Just want to remind everyone that Carib originally wrote this piece - I just posted for him.

And back in early August, I might add.
We could beat UT and LSU outright, but if we lose to UGA again, bad news for Champ.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator said:
I agree that UT is better than we expected and that a loss here should be fatal to Champ, that said I bet if it happens it won't be fatal without some other emotional response from him or the team.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n62064 said:
You won't in a few weeks.

You also liked our "experienced" QB.
I guess I could have worded that better. I think think we'll lose both but the score will be closer in the LSU game. And you can suck it about the qb position, you was pumping everything after the emu game.

SecVolfan13

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
If the Tennessee O-line doesn't improve I'll have trouble picking them to beat any SEC teams. However from an athletic standpoint the Vols have/are closing the gap with the big boys of this league. We will know a lot more about Tennessee Saturday afternoon.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Great, Voles.

the-average-american-voter1.jpg

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n62619 said:
Great, Voles.

the-average-american-voter1.jpg

You've got nothing better to do than use the retarded as a symbol of your scorn?

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Alvin York;n62698 said:
You've got nothing better to do than use the retarded as a symbol of your scorn?

He hasn't attended his workplace sensitivity class yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.