Tennessee: The game that will decide which direction the Gators will go this season

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yorkie, shut up and put on your helmet.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Alvin York;n62698 said:
You've got nothing better to do than use a retarded picture of me?

Fixed it for you.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Alvin York;n62698 said:
You've got nothing better to do than use the retarded as a symbol of your scorn?

It's not our fault your family tree is a stump.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n62145 said:
Just want to remind everyone that Carib originally wrote this piece - I just posted for him.

You can take some credit, you cleaned up my rambling writing.

Now after seeing the vols hang with the dawgs and Worley tossing it all over the place we better hope that for once dawgchamp finally does 'correct' the problems facing the team. TN at home is going to be fired up knowing we are hurting now.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Doubt this game will be close. UT probably has the worst o and d lines in the league. North, Darr, Johnson, and Sutton are their only good players. Blitz them on d, run it down their throats, walk out of their with an easy W. UGA showed today that's all you have to do.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n63988 said:
Doubt this game will be close. UT probably has the worst o and d lines in the league. North, Darr, Johnson, and Sutton are their only good players. Blitz them on d, run it down their throats, walk out of their with an easy W. UGA showed today that's all you have to do.

I wouldn't bet on blowing them out. You can't ignore how bad our secondary is. And as limited as mason may be driskel is worse.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I do think we're going to be able to run on them hopefully you're right and we can keep their offense off the field

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n64008 said:
I wouldn't bet on blowing them out. You can't ignore how bad our secondary is. And as limited as mason may be driskel is worse.

From what I have seen this will be a close game if turnovers are even. Tenn may have very young lines but their strength goes against our weakness and their QB can make a tight throw downfield unlike Driskel.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Would like to get Powell involved in this one. Shifty guys usually eat them up.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I wouldn't mind seeing Powell but not early on I'd like to see them worn down. I'd also like to see Adam lane

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n64020 said:
I wouldn't mind seeing Powell but not early on I'd like to see them worn down. I'd also like to see Adam lane

After the Bama game if Driskel misses on his passes early we will just see Muschamp have Roper put an extra TE or linemen in and just run Jones up the middle over and over again even if its not working good.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If our secondary plays like they did versus Kentucky and Alabama, then this is going to be a long season.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
G 2;n64029 said:
If our secondary plays like they did versus Kentucky and Alabama, then this is going to be a long season.

Yes it will. Hope they get it together on D. BTW nice avatar. :cool:

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The OL and DL is the key for UF on this game. Our run game should do fine and hopefully our D line will be able to rush Worley/Peterman not allowing him to exploit what we've seen with our DB's. This will be NO GIMME for UF. Worley was injured and Peterman relieved him. That's who started vs. UF in the Swamp last year. The kid can get rattled easily. That's what we'll need to do.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n64012 said:
From what I have seen this will be a close game if turnovers are even. Tenn may have very young lines but their strength goes against our weakness and their QB can make a tight throw downfield unlike Driskel.

Worley was definitely slinging the ball around. Seems they took a deep shot at least once every 2nd possession, which bodes bad for us if dawgchamp doesn't get the DB's & safeties playing better. As for their Oline, it may be young, but doesn't look any worse than ours, what should give us the advantage is our Dline is betters than theirs. So once again it will probably be up to the D to win us a game.

And for the comment about after Driskel's first mistake going to the jumbo package, if we get the lead, you can probably bet the house that dawgchamp will go for TOP and try to win the game running as much as he can.

And I damn sure don't want to see Harris put in just to run a couple of wildcat plays, Everyone knows it will be a run play, so of course the play will probably be for a loss ( a la burton's wildcat), so then dawgchamp will point out that he needs more work and that JD gives the team the best chance blah blah bs.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
UTenn has shown a working knowledge of the screen pass. If they were to unleash that on third and long we have no countermeasure. Hopefully during these two weeks muschamp has researched this new fangled deception and now knows when to anticipate it and how to stop it.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Sad state of affairs when Tenn becomes the key stone to a good season. I have not been worried about losing to Tenn in a decade and now this :drunk:

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
Doesn't seem like we are playing many world beaters at QB this season. Don't really think it's necessary to be that multiple in the secondary this year. Play some base and just have everybody on the same page and execute. We've beat ourselves more than the other team has beaten us. I think the talent is good enough if everyone is playing from the same page. Thought we were a press-man coverage team with the creativity coming up front. I've found over the years, a lot of kids struggle with zone coverages. Seems like a really simple concept, but some just seem to get easily distracted and don't play their responsibility.

Odyssey2001

Aug 1, 2014
I don't have a dog in the fight....but until I actually see a UT team beat UF.......theres no way I pick UT. Gates 21-19.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n64723 said:
Doesn't seem like we are playing many world beaters at QB this season. Don't really think it's necessary to be that multiple in the secondary this year. Play some base and just have everybody on the same page and execute. We've beat ourselves more than the other team has beaten us. I think the talent is good enough if everyone is playing from the same page. Thought we were a press-man coverage team with the creativity coming up front. I've found over the years, a lot of kids struggle with zone coverages. Seems like a really simple concept, but some just seem to get easily distracted and don't play their responsibility.

This game is a good chance to match up like that. Our talent at DB is definitely better than their receivers, so maybe stick to man coverage most of the game and add a few more blitzes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator