Terry LeCount Is In The College Football Hall Of Fame

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
https://www.myajc.com/lifestyles/ph...XJ38mkD0WY2rImhqVOw9J/#a1osGCyWQrmrX1EkB4X6ug

Well, not as an inductee. He has a job as a fan ambassador at the College Football Hall of Fame. I visited the Hall of Fame when it was in South Bend, Indiana, but it has since moved to Atlanta and that is where LeCount works.

Some of you will remember that LeCount was the quarterback on the 1977 Gators. They ran Doug Dickey's modified wishbone, the Gatorbone, with wide receiver Wes Chandler. The backfield made up of LeCount, Willie Wilder, Earl Carr, and Terry Green was the fastest backfield in the nation. That team also set a record (does it still stand?) of having ten NFL draftees. LeCount played was drafted and played in the NFL as a wide receiver.

image_handler-1.aspx.jpeg

LeCount fell on some hard times with addiction problems. But he got his life together. He moved to Atlanta from the West Coast and worked on the playgrounds with elementary school children in the Decatur, Georgia school system. His wife saw an ad for a position at the new College Football Hall of Fame and thought he would be perfect for the job. Terry contacted his old coach, Doug Dickey, who is a member of the Hall. Dickey helped him land the job.

I am sort of jealous of LeCount's job. He gets paid to greet fans coming to visit the Hall of Fame. With his personality and knowledge of the game he is a natural. Good going Terry LeCount.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
And that 1977 team, with all its talent finished 6-4-1 (3-3 SEC).

sminings

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2017
A few years back he actually greeted us while we were checking in. I was surprised at his slight stature. Very friendly man who is a great ambassador for UF

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
A few years back he actually greeted us while we were checking in. I was surprised at his slight stature. Very friendly man who is a great ambassador for UF
I recognized him immediately when I saw him. Very nice guy that was a joy to speak with. Anytime any of you are in the Atlanta area, you need to stop by the CFHOF and say Go Gators to him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.