Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Gashing poor Northwestern State (LA)

VERY sloppy

Last edited:

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
I briefly watched about 5 minutes...but not a compelling game whatsoever. Blowouts against overmatched opposition are only fun when it's your team doing the azzwhoppin. Not so much for other teams.

The Tulane-Wake Forest and Purdue-Northwestern games are much closer.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
So this game prepares aTm for #2 Clemson next Saturday? Jimbo v Dabo - sounds like a Flinstones episode.
Do we root for the SEC or against Jimbo?

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
aTm going to be missing 2 Starters for the 1st half due to Targeting penalties.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The Hell with Dumbo. Once a Semi always a Semi. Not to mention he's still an asshat. Wonder who Candy is giving it up to now.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
That stadium looks superb, therefore Fischer has a tip-top home to carry on his CFB career. (undeserved?)
I'd like to know the attendance number. The stadium looked jam packed with highly enthusiastic fans.
Have to wait 'til after the Clemson clash to guesstimate whether aTm & Fischer will be happy together.??
The state of Texas is ready to skyrocket into having 3 Top-10 CFB teams, annually.
Hated seeing this, but on the sidelines Fischer looked really happy. Can the honeymoon last?
Specific aTm players looked to be All American (yeah, I know, facing NW State).
aTm produced outlandishly gaudy offensive stats = happiness results.
I hope the Clemson defense puts the clamp on aTm's O ... make Fischer unhappy & aTm fans regret.
Plus, I hope our Gators put up gaudy stats and points ... and let's see some flashes of Gator All American athletes.
Let's kick this thing off.

Tilly

The bad kid from across the tracks.
Aug 27, 2018
So this game prepares aTm for #2 Clemson next Saturday? Jimbo v Dabo - sounds like a Flinstones episode.
Dabo is a good dude.
Jimbo harbors rapists.
aTm is barely an SEC svhool anyway.

Go Tah-gers.

Tilly

The bad kid from across the tracks.
Aug 27, 2018
That stadium looks superb, therefore Fischer has a tip-top home to carry on his CFB career. (undeserved?)
I'd like to know the attendance number. The stadium looked jam packed with highly enthusiastic fans.
The entire upper decks of the endzones were empty almost. At least 10k empty seats and that is being generous.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015

This has always bugged me, and google can’t provide the answer: anyone know why there is a little scar/mark on the bottom right side of his paw?

Once you see it, you can’t unsee it.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The entire upper decks of the endzones were empty almost. At least 10k empty seats and that is being generous.
Just my limited view but those endzone seats seem to allow only limited view. Of course, with far away visiting teams is it possible their allotted tickets were not used?

This has always bugged me, and google can’t provide the answer: anyone know why there is a little scar/mark on the bottom right side of his paw?

I've seen that under the microscope - it's flesh eating bacteria.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015

Against Jimbo or in my view for the better team that probably will win easily.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

Setting the record straight

"The indention at the bottom is due to a scar that the tiger who had been chosen as the subject for the logo had received before the cast was made."

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
Just my limited view but those endzone seats seem to allow only limited view. Of course, with far away visiting teams is it possible their allotted tickets were not used?

I've seen that under the microscope - it's flesh eating bacteria.
It’s funny, during Macs tenure here I noticed the same mark suddenly appeared on the Gators head logo.

It’s gone this year. I guess we are clear of the flesh eating bacteria.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014

FYI....from Wikipedia. So apparently it was a real tiger paw

"The Tiger Paw logo was introduced at a press conference on July 21, 1970. It was created by John Antonio and developed by Helen Weaver of Henderson Advertising in Greenville, South Carolina, from a mold of a Bengal tiger sent to the agency by the Field Museum of Natural History in Chicago"

Oh I see Rexy beat me to it....I'll leave this as a summary then.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I remember when I was 17 & Clemson played in the "Gator Bowl" (probly more than once). When I got out & about that Saturday morning I saw orange tiger paws painted like footprints on major streets. They must bring a stencil.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator