Texas church shooting - possibly 20 plus killed or wounded?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Gator Fever, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Swamp Donkey

Swamp Donkey Stop steaming up my tail!
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $1,557
    Ratings:
    +24,504 / -504
    If only there were a law making people with Bad Conduct Discharges prohibited possessors.

If only there were a law making convicted domestic batterers prohibited possessors.

If only we d enforce those laws.

2. Gatoravatara

Gatoravatara Protaganista

Oxbucks:
    $133
    Ratings:
    +1,372 / -185
    Wait a second. I think I where I know where you are going with this. Chicago has gang violence. The gang members are black. I'm black. Therefore I only can talk about black on black violence in Chicago. Others who are not black, can talk about this shooting.

3. Scott512

Scott512 Senior Member

Oxbucks:
    $34
    Ratings:
    +737 / -10
    Good points Donk. Time to enforce. Fully enforce.

4. Scott512

Scott512 Senior Member

Oxbucks:
    $34
    Ratings:
    +737 / -10
    He is not saying that.

I do truly wish there was a way we could sensibly end the violence in Chicago and these crazy shootings of innocent people by unhinged bastards.

5. Gator Fever

Gator Fever Senior Member

Oxbucks:
    $117
    Ratings:
    +4,092 / -63
    How do people think he got the gun? Even if it was a bad conduct discharge any level of domestic violence conviction prohibits purchasing a gun supposedly. Before they took his facebook page down it showed some of his friends had a lot of guns.

6. Gator Fever

Oxbucks:
    $117
    Ratings:
    +4,092 / -63
    That is strange with this case but I think someone said Texas has churches on the no go list for carrying your gun but people were saying many take them in there with them anyway.

I am sure Texas will be removing that church prohibition now.

Edit: Some people claimed Texas recently changed the law to allow the churches to make the call themselves on carrying a gun in their church or not.

#46 Gator Fever, Nov 6, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
  7. itsgr82bag8r

itsgr82bag8r Political Forum Fire Starter
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $95
    Ratings:
    +6,301 / -32
    You forgot to say only black people get shot & killed by LEO’s.

8. g8tr72

g8tr72 Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $112
    Ratings:
    +2,946 / -7
    A church is a privately owned entity. A member of the church should be able to carry as they wish

9. Gator Fever

Oxbucks:
    $117
    Ratings:
    +4,092 / -63
    It sounds like that may be the case recently according to some articles but the statute I saw had it as a prohibited place but it might have been a version from 2 years ago or so.

It would be a shame if that church had asked people not to thinking the chances of something happening were really low. So far all I have heard is that neighbors in that church area fired at the guy.

10. Slug

Slug I fcuking hate people.

Oxbucks:
    $75
    Ratings:
    +1,060 / -10
    Sensitive little racist aren't you. Given the left's constant ability to change words to suit their narrative, a mass shooting is what, four or more people shot? Am I wrong on Chicago? Is there not a running count of people shot every weekend? But I get it, as a white person I can't talk about the problem that surrounds the majority of gun homicides within the black community. Its my place to feel guilty about the oppression of NFL millionaires.

11. Slug

Oxbucks:
    $75
    Ratings:
    +1,060 / -10
    The hell is this nonsense? -wounded-in-chicago-weekend-shootings/2606269/

12. g8tr72

g8tr72 Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $112
    Ratings:
    +2,946 / -7
    As a Christian, I am hurt by the slaughter of innocent believers who were worshiping our God.

As a Conservative, I am angered by the ignorance of the politicians who offer stupid political comments about gun control that would not have prevented this tragedy. (Exhibit A below)

As an American, I am motivated by these comments to expose their agenda, and the ignorance of their proposals.

Make no mistake - the only person the Democrats' gun control legislation would have disarmed would have been the law-abiding citizen whose legal gun prevented further tragedy.

Idiots.

13. g8tr72

g8tr72 Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $112
    Ratings:
    +2,946 / -7
  14. itsgr82bag8r

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $95
    Ratings:
    +6,301 / -32
  15. Gator Fever

Oxbucks:
    $117
    Ratings:
    +4,092 / -63
    "He reportedly purchased the Ruger AR-556 rifle in April last year from an Academy Sports & Outdoors store in San Antonio, according to CNN."

"When he filled out the background check paperwork, he checked a box that indicated he didn't have a past criminal history, an official told said, adding that he listed an address in Colorado Springs, Colorado. "
    ---------------------------------

The feds do the background for buying a gun don't they? It sounds like they dropped the ball probably. I know when I was in the Army they said any special or general court martial would go on your federal criminal record and that only low level summary court martials wouldn't usually.

16. g8tr72

g8tr72 Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $112
    Ratings:
    +2,946 / -7
  17. itsgr82bag8r

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $95
    Ratings:
    +6,301 / -32
    "The Feds" process requests from sellers via the following: https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/nics

18. Slug

Oxbucks:
    $75
    Ratings:
    +1,060 / -10
  19. itsgr82bag8r

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $95
    Ratings:
    +6,301 / -32
    The same laws that can prevent people from driving a truck into a crowd of people, or flying a plane into a building, or building a homemade bomb out of common household appliances.......

But don't tell the anti-gun nuts this, they'll just whine even louder. To them, logic has no business being in the narrative. That's because applying logic would kill it.

20. pilot-in-fla

pilot-in-fla Deplorable
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $105
    Ratings:
    +3,880 / -70
    Why not start out enforcing the laws already on the books?