Texas church shooting - possibly 20 plus killed or wounded?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Gator Fever, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Slug

Slug I fcuking hate people.

Oxbucks:
    $48
    Ratings:
    +1,033 / -8
    My fault, should have denoted my sarcasm.

2. Detroitgator

Detroitgator General Factotum
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $65
    Ratings:
    +6,614 / -9
    At a minimum, either he lied about his answer to 11.g on the 4473 he completed or the agency approving the sale didn’t care if he answered “yes”

3. Gatoravatara

Gatoravatara Protaganista

Oxbucks:
    $92
    Ratings:
    +1,331 / -178
    What makes you think they want to end the violence. Every other city has figured it out. Whats up with Chicago.

4. g8tr72

g8tr72 Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $112
    Ratings:
    +2,942 / -7
  5. Gator Fever

Gator Fever Senior Member

Oxbucks:
    $75
    Ratings:
    +4,050 / -57
    They are saying this guy worked as an unarmed security guard this past summer. For him to be a security guard there they would have to be treating that battery charge as a misdemeanor (but the one he got for someone under 16 years old can get you a 2 year sentence in military justice). I bet we find out there is all kinds of screw ups when it comes to civilian licensing and gun purchases when it comes to some of these court martials in the military and how they are treated by civilian agencies.

6. Detroitgator

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $65
    Ratings:
    +6,614 / -9
    He either lied or it was ignored on his 4473 to purchase a firearm.

7. NavetG8r

NavetG8r Stupid

Oxbucks:
    $472
    Ratings:
    +9,305 / -61
    A lot of it probably has to do with whether or not they were arrested out in town by LE, or if they were court martialed due to something they did while on duty. I'm not sure how the in-house stuff translates when it comes to background checks.

8. Detroitgator

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $65
    Ratings:
    +6,614 / -9
    He had to answer numerous times to having something other than an Honorable discharge regardless of what it was for.

9. Gator Fever

Oxbucks:
    $75
    Ratings:
    +4,050 / -57
    The problem I think is this getting translated to civilian databases for the background checks. I think Federal case law is any charge that can result in more than 12 months confinement is to be considered a felony when it comes to these UCMJ actions. Not sure on military laws with no civilian equivalent.

#69 Gator Fever, Nov 6, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
  10. NavetG8r

NavetG8r Stupid

Oxbucks:
    $472
    Ratings:
    +9,305 / -61
    Ah, ok. I've never applied for a background check to purchase a firearm, so I wouldn't know what kind of questions are asked on them. I assumed it was something like "have you ever been arrested or convicted of a felony?". Didn't know it would ask questions like "if you were ever in the military, did you get an OTH discharge? If so, what was it for?".

11. Gator Fever

Oxbucks:
    $75
    Ratings:
    +4,050 / -57
    Yep its confusing and what if its a military only charge like disobeying orders etc?

12. NavetG8r

NavetG8r Stupid

Oxbucks:
    $472
    Ratings:
    +9,305 / -61
    Well, disobeying usually only gets you 3 days bread and water. I don't think I've ever seen anyone go in for 12 months of confinement for that. :lol:

13. Gator Fever

Oxbucks:
    $75
    Ratings:
    +4,050 / -57
    I think they have some similar stuff or variations that can give you over 12 months especially if its during battle etc.

14. NavetG8r

NavetG8r Stupid

Oxbucks:
    $472
    Ratings:
    +9,305 / -61
    I could see that. Somehow I managed to make it 20 years without going through a courts martial, so I'm not well versed in the details. :lol:

15. Gator Fever

Oxbucks:
    $75
    Ratings:
    +4,050 / -57
    I had an A hole tyrant Sgt Major that forced me to go the court martial route to keep my E-5 rank on some petty BS because we had a weak Lt. Colonel who did whatever he said. The military lawyers threatened me at first also just not wanting to mess with the case. They finally lowered it to summary court martial status and the Major laughed the charge out basically.

16. NavetG8r

NavetG8r Stupid

Oxbucks:
    $472
    Ratings:
    +9,305 / -61
    I will admit I had one "episode" that might have qualified, but I was allowed to slide in return for writing a story for the Navy Safety Bulletin. Well, I'm not sure if dropping $1,000,000+ in electronics on the side of the interstate is necessarily grounds for courts martial, as it was an honest mistake, nothing malicious, but it was ugly...:embarrassed:

17. Detroitgator

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $65
    Ratings:
    +6,614 / -9
    I need to update what I said about 11.g on 4473... I also could’ve sworn that there used to be a specific question about domestic abuse

18. Gator Fever

Oxbucks:
    $75
    Ratings:
    +4,050 / -57
    Mine was for beating up this E-4 that tried me in the barracks late one night and I even had a witness that he came at me first but this tyrant E-9 had the Lt. Colonel bring me up on a field grade article 15 anyway saying I was the NCO blah blah blah and put the word out I would be getting maxed out and anytime he did that the person got what he said regardless if it was the Lt. Colonel actually punishing you. That is why I refused to take it and the jerk had the Lt. Colonel send it up with a special court martial recommendation to try and ruin me. He also got mad they couldn't stick the drunk and disorderly charge on me because I was under a .05 just barely hours later when he found out and sent me to the MP station for testing. He did nothing to the idiot that started the whole thing. Like I said the hearing officer at the low summary court martial basically laughed about it as he knew the E-9 was crazy.

19. Gator Fever

Oxbucks:
    $75
    Ratings:
    +4,050 / -57
  20. NVGator

NVGator Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $109
    Ratings: