Thank God for Jeremy Foley

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Proof that you had a raging hard on for Mac. Fess up.
I was ragging PDS pretty hard. He was one extreme Fooley lover. There was a reason he pointed that at me.

It did look.good after the Ole Miss game. The one team that apparently didnt bother gameplanning for us.

Last edited:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Are you kidding me? I was all in after Ole Miss.

Nine days later the Grier suspension was announced and the whole thing seemingly spun out of control.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Mac turned me off the first time he opened his mouth, and I hadn't even noticed his teeth.

My first impression: This guy looks and talks like a refugee from the mail room not the CEO of a multi million dollar corporation. How the hell is he going to recruit against the big boys. Little did I know it was worse than that. I didn't say it on this public board. But as I recall I caught hell for my opinion on a private site.

Last edited:

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Are you kidding me? I was all in after Ole Miss.

Nine days later the Grier suspension was announced and the whole thing seemingly spun out of control.

Yep. It looked like we had a QB developing and potential. Had Grier not gotten in trouble, the program would have looked better but we now know the fundamentals were corroding quickly. (He said with20/20 hindsight.) I was late to see it, Donkey and others were early.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Yep. It looked like we had a QB developing and potential. Had Grier not gotten in trouble, the program would have looked better but we now know the fundamentals were corroding quickly. (He said with20/20 hindsight.) I was late to see it, Donkey and others were early.
Guilty as well. Mac turned out to be more like Larry Coker than we ever knew.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Grier played six games. He only looked good in one.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Of course he looked like he needed occasional potty training. He was a redshirt freshman in an offense bordering on lunatic fringe.

Bet you wished he'd stayed.

FlGator19382

Oct 7, 2017
Of course he looked like he needed occasional potty training. He was a redshirt freshman in an offense bordering on lunatic fringe.

Bet you wished he'd stayed.

If he stayed there's a good chance McElshark is still our coach, and obviously that would not be a good thing.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If he stayed there's a good chance McElshark is still our coach, and obviously that would not be a good thing.
zero chance. That team was going to look exactly like it did. When you don't recruit defense or OL, that's what happens.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
zero chance. That team was going to look exactly like it did. When you don't recruit defense or OL, that's what happens.
Yep. No matter how much Grier would have saved Mac's ass, eventually all the dysfunction would have come to the surface like pus. Mac was one big infection.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I did not know this was from the archives so to speak, so when I saw the thread title my immediate reaction was:

:suicide::suicide::suicide::suicide::suicide::suicide::suicide::suicide::suicide::suicide::suicide::suicide::suicide::suicide::suicide::suicide::suicide:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Im pretty sure PDS was one of the incompetent attorneys on Fooley's staff who wrote those contracts. His explanations of how one couldn't put covenants not to compete in an employment contract were epic.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I sent a bunch of emails to past members this morning asking them to return. PDS was one of them.

I've only heard back from one person: spook. He said he'd try to make time.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015

6 games, 6-0, 1200+ yards, 7.5 YPA 10 TDs and 3 INTs, 145.6 passer rating as a RS freshman under Mac & Nuss.

And he’s looked good since. But I won’t discount Mac’s & Nuss’ capacity to have ruined him by craptastic coaching, leadership and poor recruiting around him. The more Grier played well the longer Mac’s facade would have endured.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator