Thank God for Jeremy Foley

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I sent a bunch of emails to past members this morning asking them to return. PDS was one of them.

I've only heard back from one person: spook. He said he'd try to make time.
PDS was amusing. He’d occasionally lose his sh*t, but amusing nonetheless.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
What i find most perplexing is that anyone who took the time to come up with the screen name "Pat Dooley Sucks", must actually feel that way and will get no argument from me. But if that is the case, how could that person be so sane regarding Tooley, yet have such an affinity for Fooley? Go figure!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
6 games, 6-0, 1200+ yards, 7.5 YPA 10 TDs and 3 INTs, 145.6 passer rating as a RS freshman under Mac & Nuss.

And he’s looked good since. But I won’t discount Mac’s & Nuss’ capacity to have ruined him by craptastic coaching, leadership and poor recruiting around him. The more Grier played well the longer Mac’s facade would have endured.
Everyone is 6-0 with our schedule. 7.5 isn't much. 200 yards a game sure as hell isnt much but of course it's better than Driskel. 10 tds, mehhh..... And most of those stats were in one game (300 yards and 4 tds).l

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
What i find most perplexing is that anyone who took the time to come up with the screen name "Pat Dooley Sucks", must actually feel that way and will get no argument from me. But if that is the case, how could that person be so sane regarding Tooley, yet have such an affinity for Fooley? Go figure!
I think it has something to do with the cerebral cortex.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
6 games, 6-0, 1200+ yards, 7.5 YPA 10 TDs and 3 INTs, 145.6 passer rating as a RS freshman under Mac & Nuss.

Why does it matter that he was a RFR? It was pretty clearly established at UF under McElwain and Nuss QBs did not get better. Maybe you meant he had 3.5 more years to regress and would have looked as bad as the rest of their QBs eventually?

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Why does it matter that he was a RFR? It was pretty clearly established at UF under McElwain and Nuss QBs did not get better. Maybe you meant he had 3.5 more years to regress and would have looked as bad as the rest of their QBs eventually?

Just noting how things looked hopeful at that moment after the Ole Miss game. Grier had played pretty well. I don’t think regression was “pretty clearly established” 6 games in (all wins), the 6th being a blowout win over a highly ranked team.

The suckfest followed quickly.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don’t think regression was “pretty clearly established” 6 games in (all wins), the 6th being a blowout win over a highly ranked team.
The 6th wasnt a blowout. He regressed to norm for his last game vs Might Mizzu, 200 yards and 0 td.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
The 6th wasnt a blowout. He regressed to norm for his last game vs Might Mizzu, 200 yards and 0 td.
First Mac season it was revert to the Treon and as the season progressed the SEC defenses beat up the very very thin UF OL.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

And he’s looked good since. But I won’t discount Mac’s & Nuss’ capacity to have ruined him by craptastic coaching, leadership and poor recruiting around him. The more Grier played well the longer Mac’s facade would have endured.

Him getting pushed out of the program by MacElstain was the best thing that ever happened to us. It basically expedited that jackass’s departure.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

I read Stewart Mandel's mailbag a few days ago. He was asked which 2018 college QB would be a high draft pick in 2019....and he had Grier as one of two going in the 1st round. That'll be (at least) 4 NFL QBs since Tebow to be drafted by NFL teams that transferred from UF (Driskel, Brissett, Newton...and Grier).

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I read Stewart Mandel's mailbag a few days ago. He was asked which 2018 college QB would be a high draft pick in 2019....and he had Grier as one of two going in the 1st round. That'll be (at least) 4 NFL QBs since Tebow to be drafted by NFL teams that transferred from UF (Driskel, Brissett, Newton...and Grier).
That’s why I’m still hopeful for this season. I believe the talent is here but the coaching hasn’t been. QBs are a prime example.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
Let's face it, Muschamp was willing but he simply was not ready to be a hbc at this level, particularly given his stubbornness. He appears to be a hard worker and may improve as he goes along to become a decent hbc. But McElwain is a different story. After he signed the big contract, his motivation went out the window and his attention turned to other things, such as making bbq sauce. From that point on, all he had to do was punch his time card and wait for the inevitable with a big grin on his face.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
That’s why I’m still hopeful for this season. I believe the talent is here but the coaching hasn’t been. QBs are a prime example.

Another story today on ESPN: "Why WVU could have college football's top offense in 2018".

Absolutely disgusting. I'm not a fan of Grier, because I think he knowingly took the PED (or whatever he took). And I still don't understand how he was able to play game 1 last year after transferring. The only one's hurt by his actions was UF. He was able to just walk away, sit out a year (like any other transfer who didn't take PED's), and play right away w/ a clean slate.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Another story today on ESPN: "Why WVU could have college football's top offense in 2018".

Absolutely disgusting. I'm not a fan of Grier, because I think he knowingly took the PED (or whatever he took). And I still don't understand how he was able to play game 1 last year after transferring. The only one's hurt by his actions was UF. He was able to just walk away, sit out a year (like any other transfer who didn't take PED's), and play right away w/ a clean slate.
I agree but we also don’t know what Mac did or didn’t do. I believed in Mac when everything went down but after everything that happened last season, I’m more willing to believe Grier’s story - or something close to it. Most likely story is he took something stupid from GNC (probably assumed he’d never get tested) then Mac handled the aftermath poorly.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
They play in the Big 12. Every team in the Big 12 is college football's top offense every week.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
. Most likely story is he took something stupid from GNC (probably assumed he’d never get tested) then Mac handled the aftermath poorly.
And yet, the other 300,000 college athletes manage not to do it and know to get their "supplements" from the trianer and to not get caught using cocaine within 24 hours of the test.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I sent a bunch of emails to past members this morning asking them to return. PDS was one of them.

I've only heard back from one person: spook. He said he'd try to make time.
I miss spook. What’s he been up to?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I miss spook. What’s he been up to?
Spook is well. He's a regular on BGL and his work has him traveling up and down the Eastern Seaboard. He goes to all the Gator games.

Which is probably why he hasn't visited here. No time left.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb