Thanks for a Great Season, Gator Basketball!

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
After two lifeless seasons, Mike White and his boys got us back on the national stage. Future looks bright!

Shout out to the basketball chatterbox crew, it was always a great time posting with you guys during games. :fistbump:

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yep, they did pretty darn good even after losing Eggy. I'm proud of em.
:chomp:

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Young coach that has a lot to learn. Hope this is something he can grow from. What a fun ride it was, boys!

Side note- heart goes out to our boys, that was tough to watch the agony. Head up though, you made Gator basketball fun again!

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Tough loss but great season. Elite 8 after Eggy went down?

I am proud of these guys. They played their hearts out for us. Thank you boys!

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
They did a great job. White made a couple mistakes but it probably has to do more with experience than anything. You can't have a PG constantly play out of control the way that Hill did.

Leon was superb in the final game. We really missed Eggs in the paint. I think a year of getting some of these young guys playing in the paint will put us in an even better position next year. I think pretty much everyone who can stay will stay.

Allen and Robinson need to add consistency to their game. I think they both take a pretty big leap next year. Neither are quite ready for the NBA. But they could be with another other year of seasoning.

Cheese running the point will be better for the team next year. We just need a solid back up.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Remarkable season. A trip to the elite 8 is no joke. We have a good young coach and he can build on this. Sometimes history is not on your side.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Robinson is gone, I have no doubt really.

Regardless, future is really bright in Gville.

Wuerffel4Pres

No offense
Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2016
I think pretty much everyone who can stay will stay.

Allen and Robinson need to add consistency to their game. I think they both take a pretty big leap next year. Neither are quite ready for the NBA. But they could be with another other year of seasoning.

Robinson is gone, dude. You can book it.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It was a hell of year! Now we know we'll be back. Got alot of players coming back next year. I believe Robinson's gone but we have a nice recruiting class and alot of experience. We should be a pretty damn good team next year.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Robinson is gone, dude. You can book it.

Maybe. He looks like a second round pick. And if you're going to be drafted you probably should go. However, IMO another year would really help him. We see too many guys who could really use another year go into the NBA and flounder.

Wuerffel4Pres

No offense
Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2016
Maybe. He looks like a second round pick. And if you're going to be drafted you probably should go. However, IMO another year would really help him. We see too many guys who could really use another year go into the NBA and flounder.

I don't disagree. I'm not saying he SHOULD go. I'm just saying that he WILL go. We ALWAYS have guys who leave too soon in basketball and football.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
One of the insiders on another board insist that drob's gone. I don't think white would give a scholarship offer we didn't have.

SCary_Gamecocks

Nov 6, 2016
Awesome game! I'm amazed I didn't have a heart attack. I don't think either of our fanbases expected to be playing for the Final Four this season. Ya'll played a helluva game. Don't look forward to seeing you next season.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I hate to be this way but I'm looking forward to a new direction at PG w/ Hill gone. Thanks for the effort and some good moments, Hill, but I just can't take the out of control play anymore.

Best of luck in your future endeavors, Hill!

MidwestChomp

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Awesome game! I'm amazed I didn't have a heart attack. I don't think either of our fanbases expected to be playing for the Final Four this season. Ya'll played a helluva game. Don't look forward to seeing you next season.

Congrats Scary. That was a hell of a second half.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It's not too often you see a team in a regional final with double digit losses. We blew a great opportunity to advance to our fifth final four, and you guys are high fiving each other

MidwestChomp

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Dont think anyone thought we would be in the Elite 8 in coach White's 2nd season and his first trip to the tournament. But this was a tough loss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb