The basketball thread

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Wanted to start a separate thread from the game threads to give this team its props.

1) Hill and Chiozza were MASTERFUL. Each of them have been ragged really hard, by myself included, but they've been unreal in this stretch we are on

2) This team is very similar to our last team to go to the Final Four led by Scottie. Their togetherness on D and relentless effort is a joy to watch. Not the most talented team in the nation but I'd take us matched up vs anybody.

3) What an amazing job White has done. I love his demeanor both in the games and in press conferences. I know it's been said but he really does remind me of BD in that sense-- bluntly honest and never lets his guys settle.

Feel free to add your own! Haven't been this happy with bball in years!

Last edited:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Whatever the come to Jesus meeting was that they had after Vandy worked, and worked well. This is a completely different team.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Nice win but don't need another thread..

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
This recent stretch reminds me of what I heard Billy D say on one of those SEC Network classic games....the first National Championship team was good but not great though the majority of the season...then one day everything just took off. They finally bought in and actually got what he was saying (I paraphrased)

This 2 week stretch has really reminded me of that. They look to have finally got it. Playing together, having fun, and executing

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
I don't mind another thread for this biblical ass-kicking. We NEVER do this to Kentucky. 2nd largest loss for Kintucky under Cali - ever. We WHIPPED THEIR ASS. Total beatdown of KENTUCKY on natty TV. Great job GATORS, great job MIKE!!!

ChompTown

G8R B8
Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2015
ln1.gif

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This reminds me a little of the Ole Miss win last year in football. I'd really like to see them handle Kentucky in Lexington, like the Championships run team did.

Solid win.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
3) What an amazing job White has done. I love his demeanor both in the games and in press conferences. I know it's been said but he really does remind me of BD in that sense-- bluntly honest and never let's his guys settle.
miike has that classy thing Billy always had going..........smart enough to save his anger with calls for the real stuff not whine the whole time like DB calamari

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm depressed because I'm permabanned at rupp rafters

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Wanted to start a separate thread from the game threads to give this team its props.

1) Hill and Chiozza were MASTERFUL. Each of them have been ragged really hard, by myself included, but they've been unreal in this stretch we are on

2) This team is very similar to our last team to go to the Final Four lead by Scottie. Their togetherness on D and relentless effort is a joy to watch. Not the most talented team in the nation but I'd take us matched up vs anybody.

3) What an amazing job White has done. I love his demeanor both in the games and in press conferences. I know it's been said but he really does remind me of BD in that sense-- bluntly honest and never let's his guys settle.

Feel free to add your own! Haven't been this happy with bball in years!

No doubt White has them playing well. Great defense will take you pretty far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator