The basketball thread

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
And so after making UK our bytch...we only move up to #21, and UK only moves down to #15? We are #12 in the RPI

There are 5 teams with records the same or worse than us (including 17-7 Notre Dame) and we've won our last 4 by an average of 32 points!

WTF?
Pretty ridiculous. I'm just glad the rankings don't count towards anything meaningful in basketball.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
3) What an amazing job White has done. I love his demeanor both in the games and in press conferences. I know it's been said but he really does remind me of BD in that sense-- bluntly honest and never lets his guys settle.

Feel free to add your own! Haven't been this happy with bball in years!

miike has that classy thing Billy always had going..........smart enough to save his anger with calls for the real stuff not whine the whole time like DB calamari

Maybe White wasn't a bad hire like everyone thought...

To all of the above....wasn't if Foley who hired Mike White? I know there was criticism of White not making the NCAA his first 2 yrs, but he appears to have gotten thru to the players and made the necessary changes for a winning program. I wonder how many NCAA bids, and how far into each tournament he'll have to get for the dumpers to give White credit, and perhaps even Foley for the hire.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
For all the excitement over this win, and yeah - beating KY by 20 is note worthy - I'm not proclaiming this monumental. We'll all take it as a good thing, but to what degree is subjective for each of us.

Why I am pumped - White got this team turned around after Vandy, White is getting the team to perform to their potential which hasn't been seen consistently to date (now what, 4 games in a row?), players are excelling as individuals (Hill, Barry) within their roles without a 'me-first' attitude and performing as a TEAM. And anytime you beat KY is a good thing, but beating them and setting a record beatdown is a great thing.

Why I am meh - KY is on a down streak, we have much more experience than their team (finally showed), and to be perfectly blunt the highlight of UF-KY basketball for me was 2014 having beat them in Lexington, in Gainesville, and in the SEC tourney. Tell me anyone else who has swept KY 3 times in one season. That will remain THE highpoint in the rivalry for me.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Davis was the key to that championship. He plays 4 years in college he is top 3 all time as a college center and UK wins multiple titles ...........
How did this get a like? **** Anthony Davis and Kentucky. We had them beat that year had the refs not screwed us.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
To all of the above....wasn't if Foley who hired Mike White? I know there was criticism of White not making the NCAA his first 2 yrs, but he appears to have gotten thru to the players and made the necessary changes for a winning program. I wonder how many NCAA bids, and how far into each tournament he'll have to get for the dumpers to give White credit, and perhaps even Foley for the hire.
This is only whites 2nd year and we'll make the tourney. I very much see this as a typical Donovan built team. After deep ruins in the tourney there was usually a fall off as he rebuilt. Focusing on good players that would stay 4 years and develop as a team. After the 04s left we didn't make the tourney until year 3 and then went on a nice run of 3 elite 8 and a final four. Those guys left and we're left to rebuild again. White wouldn't have been my first choice but i didn't dislike the hire. I was and am optimistic about him. Foley has hired really good coaches in almost every sport...just not football.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
How did this get a like? **** Anthony Davis and Kentucky. We had them beat that year had the refs not screwed us.
The refs always screw us in Rupp. Just sayin Anthony D is why the finally won the title with kids. He was a damn monster....

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
To all of the above....wasn't if Foley who hired Mike White?
If White turns out fantastic the haters will spin it that the new AD got him here. Ive never said a bad word about White. I give coaches time to get their kids in the program and their system going........I can wait longer that 5 seconds for my cookie ;)

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Foley has been masterful in hiring non-football coaches, there's no denying that. His football hires have been spotty at best, and when it comes down to it, that's the school's bread and butter.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Jeff Goodman realeses a top 25 power rankings every week and last week UF was #24. Well he has given us a major boost all the way up to #23!

So, after beating our 4th straight opponent by 20+ with one being a top 10 team, we move up one spot? Meanwhile Kentucky is at #11.

:bwahaha:

I know it doesn't mean much, but man that's horse manure right there. Let's hope those who have a say think higher of us

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Jeff Goodman realeses a top 25 power rankings every week and last week UF was #24. Well he has given us a major boost all the way up to #23!

So, after beating our 4th straight opponent by 20+ with one being a top 10 team, we move up one spot? Meanwhile Kentucky is at #11.

I know it doesn't mean much, but man that's horse manure right there. Let's hope those who have a say think higher of us

If you want positive clicks you over rank UK and ignor UF in basketball.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
And so after making UK our bytch...we only move up to #21, and UK only moves down to #15? We are #12 in the RPI

There are 5 teams with records the same or worse than us (including 17-7 Notre Dame) and we've won our last 4 by an average of 32 points!

WTF?
Not sure where you got your #alternativefacts from, but we're 17th in both polls this week. :lol:

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
which is why he always makes a team.................no coach wants to cut the cheez. Does Chiozza wear K-swiss

Last edited:

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
If we keep this up a 2 seed might be coming.

If UF wins its next 11 games by an average of 30 points per game, UF will get a 1 seed and in fact might be the overall number 1 seed at 29-5, if the Zags lose a game or two. (Note last year the number 1 seeds had 4, 6, 6 and 7 losses.) I do not expect this to happen, but then again I did not expect it to happen in 2014 either and it did.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Kinda seems like a lot of people don't feel the same about what a "Great Win" this was. I get the feeling most are chalking it up to, "Hey, it's basketball and Kentucky was gassed. Let's see what happens in Lexington."

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb