The big Likes and Dislikes question

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
All these years later, Dean is still the scourge.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
You're doing something wrong if you aren't getting at least a few dislikes. I think Donk has given me the majority of mine. I find them funny. It doesn't bother me a bit. That's GatorChatter. Put on your big boy pants. Wear a cup. Body armor. Whatever you need. And come on it.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Isn't everything on this board made up?
Well, not everything.
f4138cf6ee69a2f6c48cfc3607a14d5a.jpg

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
You're doing something wrong if you aren't getting at least a few dislikes. I think Donk has given me the majority of mine. I find them funny. It doesn't bother me a bit. That's GatorChatter. Put on your big boy pants. Wear a cup. Body armor. Whatever you need. And come on it.
Donk has given everyone the majority of their dislikes with the exception of 78....

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Wut? You think SEC14Gator didn't regard it as important after he collected 42 likes for the SOS convo thread? For all we know, he could have made the whole thing up.

(Wouldn't we all look like fools.)

Hey, I like getting likes too. I was talking more about people who get wound up about dislikes.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'll bet Ox had no idea how profound the impact was to be when he added the like and (esp) dislike options.

A like is many things. It's acknowledging of a good post and a poster you personally like, someone you TEND to agree with. Sometimes, too, it's a means of encouragement, esp when that person just got a dislike. It can even be a political tool, a way to coalesce support. It's a very powerful and yet subtle tool.

A dislike for the most part is a cold-blooded dagger, a big dis put on display. Almost like showboating. It feels personal, it feels dirty. If you're the one giving it out, it lets the recipient know you mean business. Don't eff with me or there are more coming behind it.

I give out a lot of likes and very few dislikes. Law hands out a ton of dislikes, like he's trying to scold someone or simply say he disagrees or just be a jerk. I usually just shrug or laugh when he gives me a dislike. With him it's become a badge of honor.

This is obviously a vitally important offseason topic and I really need your input. What motivates you to hand out likes and dislikes?

And if you give this post a dislike, I'm going after you with a full set of poison daggers.
the reaction of the receiver.

it's all fun and games until someone gets a dislike.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
All these years later, Dean is still the scourge.

I was at a Polk County Gator Club meeting with Spurrier as the speaker in the late 90’s. Terry Dean was there, I assume drumming up business for whatever he was doing. SOS gave him a very gracious shout out, noting he was his first recruit and won an SECCG for the Gators.

My memory of his progressions goes something like, 1. Where is Jack Jackson? 2. Where is Jack Jackson now? 3. Where is Jack Jackson now?

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Is that a picture of the donkey?

Now you’ve done it!

I usually access Gatorchatter through Tapatalk on my phone. There is no dislike button nor does it show them. But I wouldn’t issue many regardless. If I dislike a post I either argue with it or pass it by.

I’ve earned 21 dislikes, probably for acknowledging Mac’s humanity and/or holding out hope too long.

And I know Donkey loves it when I remember the up side of 2012...But somebody’s got to keep me in line.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I was at a Polk County Gator Club meeting with Spurrier as the speaker in the late 90’s. Terry Dean was there, I assume drumming up business for whatever he was doing. SOS gave him a very gracious shout out, noting he was his first recruit and won an SECCG for the Gators.

My memory of his progressions goes something like, 1. Where is Jack Jackson? 2. Where is Jack Jackson now? 3. Where is Jack Jackson now?
Another bad match for the Spurdog.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb