Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
You can read Chris Hummer's analysis of each team he views as a contender here:

The biggest weakness of every CFB Playoff contender

The UF part is:

NO. 9 FLORIDA: FELEIPE FRANKS
8721448.JPG

(Photo: Kan Li, 247Sports)
Franks is better in Year 2 as a starter than in Year 1. The strides he's taken under Dan Mullen are clear. Much like Burrow, however, questions remain about Franks’ ability to challenge the best defenses. Franks completed 44.8 percent of his passes and threw three interceptions in games against Kentucky, Mississippi State and LSU. In all other contests, Franks is completing 60.5 percent of his attempts with two interceptions. Obviously, you expect a drop for even the best QBs against elite defenses. But in order for Florida to truly contend, Franks must do more. You can’t rely on a trio of turnovers every week (like against LSU) to pull off big upsets.

GatorMan5K

Gatorologist
Lifetime Member
Oct 9, 2014
How long has it been since we have been in the talk for the CFP?

Well the exact time is at the beginning of the year when one of the ESPN guys (can't remember who) predicted us in the playoff and was basically ridiculed for it.

Other then that, not much noise since muskrank's first year. Maybe a little before we had to meet Bama in the sec championship.

So yeah, I'll take it. Shows we are headed in the right direction

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
How long has it been since we have been in the talk for the CFP?

Well the exact time is at the beginning of the year when one of the ESPN guys (can't remember who) predicted us in the playoff and was basically ridiculed for it.

Other then that, not much noise since muskrank's first year. Maybe a little before we had to meet Bama in the sec championship.

So yeah, I'll take it. Shows we are headed in the right direction
We reached as high as 8th in the CFP rankings in 2015, which I believe was after the SCar game. After that we needed OT to beat FAU and got curb stomped by FSU and Bama.

GatorMan5K

Gatorologist
Lifetime Member
Oct 9, 2014
We reached as high as 8th in the CFP rankings in 2015, which I believe was after the SCar game. After that we needed OT to beat FAU and got curb stomped by FSU and Bama.
Yep..
The point I was making, or trying to, is it has mostly been a joke when we have been mentioned in that picture... Still maybe a snicker or two but we are turning heads in year 1 with a depleted line up.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Weakness for Notra Dame, being lame and having a weak schedule. They are the most arrogant folks I have ever seen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator