The Bucs have lost 10 consecutive road games when Jameis Winston starts

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
QB's in the draft.

Which one? TB probably ends up picking in the second quarter of the first round maybe?

I can't remember where I saw it, but it seems TB is trying to move up in the first round. I am looking at the college football landscape and don't really see any QB worth moving up for ... am I missing someone?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I can't remember where I saw it, but it seems TB is trying to move up in the first round. I am looking at the college football landscape and don't really see any QB worth moving up for ... am I missing someone?

The top rated quarterback right now is the kid from Oregon, and he is talking about staying in school.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Will Grier isn’t getting any NFL love?

I'm surprised by the lack of interest in him, physical tools are there, it might be his gambling style of play. Especially after seeing what another gambler in Tampa Bay is doing, when they have to throw into NFL windows instead of College windows.

Most places I have read have him between 6-10th best prospect at his position, between rounds 2-4

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm surprised by the lack of interest in him, physical tools are there, it might be his gambling style of play. Especially after seeing what another gambler in Tampa Bay is doing, when they have to throw into NFL windows instead of College windows.

Most places I have read have him between 6-10th best prospect at his position, between rounds 2-4
Wow. That’s shocking. Who are the Top 5 QBs?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Wow. That’s shocking. Who are the Top 5 QBs?
The only two that are consistently in the top 5 are Herbert (Ore) and Finley (NCS)

Then other names that float between 2-8: Lock, Stidham, Thorson, Browning, Fitzgerald... but I haven't seen Grier above 6th and I would say 90% of the time he is 6th. The other depending on the list, float between 2-8.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018

Gambler is different than fumbling and turning the ball over like Winston does. Some might say Fitzmagic is a gambler too.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gambler is different than fumbling and turning the ball over like Winston does. Some might say Fitzmagic is a gambler too.

Fitzmagic is a gambler, I would say Grier's mentality is more Fitz than Jameis. But he has a habit of throwing to the other team just like both. It fits West Virginia's style, and would have fit Spurrier's style. The difference in the windows to throw into especially in the Big 12 and those you throw into in the NFL, is as Trump would say YUUGGEE.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Fitzmagic is a gambler, I would say Grier's mentality is more Fitz than Jameis. But he has a habit of throwing to the other team just like both. It fits West Virginia's style, and would have fit Spurrier's style. The difference in the windows to throw into especially in the Big 12 and those you throw into in the NFL, is as Trump would say YUUGGEE.

I dont disagree with you ... but he wouldn't be in the WVU system, he'd be in the TB system. Different type of throws and holes (snicker). But I kinda think 'Grier' is a system QB, much like all of SOS's QBs, which normally doesn't translate well to the pros.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
So, for those that follow the Bucs, are they gonna part ways after the season? They can’t keep him, can they? From what I’m reading, the locker room doesn’t care for him either.

Yeah, sports radio guys here in Atlanta were brutalizing him Monday and said the same thing. Said his teammates don’t like him, think he’s a strange guy, referenced the whole “eat the W” comments. Also said they felt the offensive guys in the huddle had lost respect for and faith in him b/c of the turnovers and weren’t going to play hard for him. One of the commentators was ex-NFL player Hugh Douglas so it wasn’t just a bunch of talking heads that never played the game making these statements. The disdain in their voices was at a very high level. It was quite entertaining.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

Fitzy is awesome. A journeyman but a great human. That family are just great people. It is so hard not to cheer for him. They have really embraced the area. Six freaking kids. I have no problem with him being a stop gap between our next QB. He's 35 so he has a year or two left in him. Apparently, the lockerroom loves him. Makes you wonder about Winston though...how did a career journeyman white Harvard grad steal the locker room from a black franchise QB appointed as the next big thing? First, I know he's a POS. You don't have to tell me but not all Buc's fans are Gators. I think this says it all...as much as I did not like DJAX when he signed here...he is right on the money.
<blockquote class="instagram-media" data-instgrm-captioned data-instgrm-permalink=""

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The rub on Grier based on my reading.

1) Average arm strength.
2) Struggles with his footwork.
3) High maintenance family.

He's completed 70% of his passes at West Virginia. I'm not seeing any concerns re his being Cutler-ish.

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
The top rated quarterback right now is the kid from Oregon, and he is talking about staying in school.

Sam Darnold was saying the same thing this time last year and he decided to leave. Probably not a bad idea to claim to be staying at this point in the season. Not everyone is going to be Matt Leinart.

It sure looks like NFL teams that need a "can't miss" franchise QB are going to be out of luck in this draft.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Sam Darnold was saying the same thing this time last year and he decided to leave. Probably not a bad idea to claim to be staying at this point in the season. Not everyone is going to be Matt Leinart.

It sure looks like NFL teams that need a "can't miss" franchise QB are going to be out of luck in this draft.

This is a bad qb draft... If you have the kid from Missouri and the kid from Mississippi State in your top 2-8, then it's pretty sad.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Grier is by-far the best NFL prospect. His stock will climb considerably as we get closer to the draft.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Tell me when shameos has been cut and I’ll start following the bucs again.
Fck that. I’ll never pull for them again after drafting a rapist clown as the face of the franchise. NEVER!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.