The Canes gang tag G-ville

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Yeah

I would like to get them as the kickoff game every year. Start with kicking scUM ass, end with shutting down the clowns. Sandwich in a classic vs our real rivals in jax. I get it that we don't want to help them financially. I just want our guys to humiliate them every year and we can prove we have the best football program in the state and we do it with the moral high ground. Plus we could make fun of the fact that when the game is in their stadium it would probably be half Gators in the stands at least.

It’s really about the cost to UF of giving up a home game every other year. Playing UGA in Jax pays like a home game. In the 11-game schedule we really didn’t have room for a home & home without giving up a home game.

When the 12th game was added it immediately was decreed a home game as well, which helps the budget but has ranged from a waste of time to unnecessarily scary to unmitigated disaster.

Maybe the answer is to get into a rotating premium game at Tampa & Orlando that pays like Jax and features UF vs. scUM regularly but also other P5 opponents.

Honestly, I got to where I didn’t like playing Miami because their fans are so obnoxious. Truly scUM.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
It was likely done by those Miami thugs that were posing in the other thread.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Three assumptions.

It's not a wrap job.

It wasn't done in the middle of the night unless these guys have bat vision.

It took awhile to finish.

Why then did no one bother to intervene?

BeachGator

Mar 10, 2018
Those idiots painted the wall on 34th st
Where in the hell were the GPD and/or campus police when this shyt was going On???

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
This section of 34th street is a stretch of road that you can easily drive 20 miles per hour over the speed limit. There's not really anyplace for GPD to post up and pull anybody over. So from 2nd ave all the way to 20 th ave you can haul ass. It's difficult to see anything specific on the graffiti wall.
There's a parking garage downtown that a bunch of REALLY good artists have painted giant pieces of artwork on the walls inside. It's next to Market Street. It's now the best art in the city in my opinion. Check it out in fall if you don't live here and you're in town for a game. I think they should get those artists to do work on painting the whole graffiti wall on 34th st. Then we leave it untouched. Have gpd enforce if they can. Have the artists come back and do another piece if it gets covered up by some **** trying to do graffiti. It's not the 90s anymore. We don't need to leave this eyesore up in the middle of the city for kids to have an outlet for graffiti art. The graffiti wall if an ugly piece of **** .
I know others on here have probably painted on it at some point in their lives. When i was 17 yrs old i lived in Vizcaya apartment complex right across the street. Before Fsu came to town after the Dockett incident (can't remember which year). We painted across four panels ( a lot of space on the wall). F-U-C-K F-S-U

Last edited:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It's still called Vizcaya. Heck, it was Vizcaya when I was in school. It amazes me how some of the old names survive.

They renamed Hawaiian Village, though. I lived there with two young ladies leading up to graduation. :-(

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
It's still called Vizcaya. Heck, it was Vizcaya when I was in school. It amazes me how some of the old names survive.

They renamed Hawaiian Village, though. I lived there with two young ladies leading up to graduation. :-(
It’s still Viscaya? I thought they changed the name after the renovation.

My buddies when I lived in Gainesville had a place at that dump, and they totally trashed it when they left. In fact, they went out and grabbed an old tire and threw it in the living room on their way out.

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe some of our fans should invade cane territory and deface one of their monuments....

oh wait, that's right, they have none of these, because M-I-A-M-I sux

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It’s still Viscaya? I thought they changed the name after the renovation.

My buddies when I lived in Gainesville had a place at that dump, and they totally trashed it when they left. In fact, they went out and grabbed an old tire and threw it in the living room on their way out.
Well, now I AM confused. I was up there less than a month ago and we drove right past the sign on 34th. I laughed and commented to my buddy that the name was still the same.

I googled after your post and, sure enough, it says the name is now Cazabella. WTF.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Well, now I AM confused. I was up there less than a month ago and we drove right past the sign on 34th. I laughed and commented to my buddy that the name was still the same.

I googled after your post and, sure enough, it says the name is now Cazabella. WTF.
You must have been drunk when you supposedly saw the sign a month ago. They changed that name years ago.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You must have been drunk when you supposedly saw the sign a month ago. They changed that name years ago.
Early onset dementia. It wasn't Vizcaya. It was flipping Picadilly down the road.

I had a gay magazine and featuring writing professor who lived there and invited me over one night to assist with a big project. I took him up on it, young and dumb as a box of rocks. He greeted me with a vodka gimlet in a glass the size of a flower pot. I had to threaten bodily harm.

His roomie was a defensive lineman on the football team.

Can you imagine a professor trying to get away with that kind of crap now? He did it with other students and was eventually fired. Crazy times in G'ville.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I’ll just bet you did. A whole closet full of them.
I'm sitting there in the bozo's living room, him trying to convince me to come over to the dark side, half of me contemplating how I'm gonna end his life, the other half calculating how an F in his class is gonna screw my chances of getting through J school.

I'll bet I could have sued the university for a big sum. Look at the torment I've had to endure, even from whippersnappers like you, who were in a diapers when all of this was going down.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Early onset dementia. It wasn't Vizcaya. It was flipping Picadilly down the road.

I had a gay magazine and featuring writing professor who lived there and invited me over one night to assist with a big project. I took him up on it, young and dumb as a box of rocks. He greeted me with a vodka gimlet in a glass the size of a flower pot. I had to threaten bodily harm.

His roomie was a defensive lineman on the football team.

Can you imagine a professor trying to get away with that kind of crap now? He did it with other students and was eventually fired. Crazy times in G'ville.

I’ll just bet you did. A whole closet full of them.

I'm sitting there in the bozo's living room, him trying to convince me to come over to the dark side, half of me contemplating how I'm gonna end his life, the other half calculating how an F in his class is gonna screw my chances of getting through J school.

I'll bet I could have sued the university for a big sum. Look at the torment I've had to endure, even from whippersnappers like you, who were in a diapers when all of this was going down.

D885115A-1698-4481-B1E1-FE6EE8E60DD2.gif

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Three assumptions.

It's not a wrap job.

It wasn't done in the middle of the night unless these guys have bat vision.

It took awhile to finish.

Why then did no one bother to intervene?
intro-1507658461.jpg

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm sitting there in the bozo's living room, him trying to convince me to come over to the dark side, half of me contemplating how I'm gonna end his life, the other half calculating how much I love salami.
FIFY

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.