The Canes gang tag G-ville

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'm sitting there in the bozo's living room, him trying to convince me to come over to the dark side...
:racist:
How did that conversation go? “C’mon, you’ll love balls bouncing on your chin!”???

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Look at the torment I've had to endure, even from whippersnappers like you, who were in a diapers when all of this was going down.
I was in diapers in 76/77.....are those the years we're talking?

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Early onset dementia. It wasn't Vizcaya. It was flipping Picadilly down the road.

I had a gay magazine and featuring writing professor who lived there and invited me over one night to assist with a big project. I took him up on it, young and dumb as a box of rocks. He greeted me with a vodka gimlet in a glass the size of a flower pot. I had to threaten bodily harm.

His roomie was a defensive lineman on the football team.

Can you imagine a professor trying to get away with that kind of crap now? He did it with other students and was eventually fired. Crazy times in G'ville.

#78Too

Alex.

Last edited:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The gay JM professor hijacked the thread. :facepalm:

A week later I shared the story with a good buddy. He was an accounting major. I figured no way he knew about this guy. He immediately recognized who I was talking about. He'd had the guy in a JM elective course. Same MO. Come on over and let me help you with the project. He fell for it.

He was on his second vodka gimlet and in the bathroom relieving himself when the slider to the bedroom cracked open and in popped the smiling professor. My buddy freaked and immediately bolted.

This guy wasn't exactly subtle in his stalking of students. He stalked women, too, anything that walked. It wasn't until the early '80s that his serial advances caught up with him in a series of complaints that got him fired. It's amazing really that he lasted that long, but he was very charismatic. He could talk his way out of a box.

After I came to the realization he was all talk -- I got an A in his class in spite of having to threaten twice to beat his ass -- I eventually found the guy to be hilarious, esp living with the gay Gator football player who was about 6-5 and 280. That dude was huge.

It all sounds crazy in retrospect, and it was, but that was G'ville in the '70s. Just about anything went.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
#78Too

Alex.

"Pound"78too, sounds right

22o33m.jpg

NotQyteNeo

May 15, 2018
I tried to find an image of these guys putting up the U sign. But this article with the apologies is the closest I can get. This ticks me off way more than the wall painting. They can try to play this off with "didn’t mean anything by it." and "... No disrespect by it" all day long. But we all know they knew EXACTLY what they were doing. They are perfect scUM material. Pull their offers and let's move on to other recruits with a little class.

That's my 1 1/2 cent anyway.

http://www.gatorsports.com/2018/05/...rill-out-his-recruitment-and-saturdays-drama/

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
I tried to find an image of these guys putting up the U sign. But this article with the apologies is the closest I can get. This ticks me off way more than the wall painting. They can try to play this off with "didn’t mean anything by it." and "... No disrespect by it" all day long. But we all know they knew EXACTLY what they were doing. They are perfect scUM material. Pull their offers and let's move on to other recruits with a little class.

That's my 1 1/2 cent anyway.

http://www.gatorsports.com/2018/05/...rill-out-his-recruitment-and-saturdays-drama/
This.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The gay JM professor hijacked the thread. :facepalm:

A week later I shared the story with a good buddy. He was an accounting major. I figured no way he knew about this guy. He immediately recognized who I was talking about. He'd had the guy in a JM elective course. Same MO. Come on over and let me help you with the project. He fell for it.

He was on his second vodka gimlet and in the bathroom relieving himself when the slider to the bedroom cracked open and in popped the smiling professor. My buddy freaked and immediately bolted.

This guy wasn't exactly subtle in his stalking of students. He stalked women, too, anything that walked. It wasn't until the early '80s that his serial advances caught up with him in a series of complaints that got him fired. It's amazing really that he lasted that long, but he was very charismatic. He could talk his way out of a box.

After I came to the realization he was all talk -- I got an A in his class in spite of having to threaten twice to beat his ass -- I eventually found the guy to be hilarious, esp living with the gay Gator football player who was about 6-5 and 280. That dude was huge.

It all sounds crazy in retrospect, and it was, but that was G'ville in the '70s. Just about anything went.

Appledorf used to try and pick up male students in bars all over Gainesville. We'd see him out drunk and belligerent and not too subtle about his intentions. That eventually caught up to him big time.

My fraternity's faculty advisor was a professor who was married with kids and an ardent nudist. He'd always try to get us to go with him to this nudist camp down by Tampa. Finally some of us guys and a few little sisters decided to give it a shot. We thought it would be cool to see naked women but other than getting to see some of the little sisters naked it was pretty boring. Most of the women there were folks no horny 20 year old college dude wants to see nekkid.

Anyway, turns out the faculty advisor was gay, which after the fact explained a lot. Apparently he had done something with someone that he shouldn't have because one night he was home in bed with his wife when he got a call, hung up the phone, went into his garage and hung himself.

Yep, Gainesville in the 70's was a wild and strange place.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Appledorf used to try and pick up male students in bars all over Gainesville. We'd see him out drunk and belligerent and not too subtle about his intentions. That eventually caught up to him big time.

My fraternity's faculty advisor was a professor who was married with kids and an ardent nudist. He'd always try to get us to go with him to this nudist camp down by Tampa. Finally some of us guys and a few little sisters decided to give it a shot. We thought it would be cool to see naked women but other than getting to see some of the little sisters naked it was pretty boring. Most of the women there were folks no horny 20 year old college dude wants to see nekkid.

Anyway, turns out the faculty advisor was gay, which after the fact explained a lot. Apparently he had done something with someone that he shouldn't have because one night he was home in bed with his wife when he got a call, hung up the phone, went into his garage and hung himself.

Yep, Gainesville in the 70's was a wild and strange place.
Of all the creepy weird things that went down on or around "my" time in G'ville, this one takes the cake. The Rolling murders were bigger in terms of magnitude, but this one was bizarro for how the three male prostitutes arrested after a high-speed chase in New York City (below) carried out their mission, murdering the professor and then toying with the body afterward.

http://www.gainesville.com/news/201...pledorfs-memory-lives-on-in-popular-uf-course

1b41abc3074b6711916746c2dd8c6087.jpg
aa34263e10005762abc85183f230924b.jpg

divits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Did he get killed at the Red Lion on 13th St?
I remember going to the Red Lion as part of a group project for my 2 credit "Alcohol Awareness" class. We all became very "aware" of alcohol during that project.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I remember going to the Red Lion as part of a group project for my 2 credit "Alcohol Awareness" class. We all became very "aware" of alcohol during that project.
I can't place the Red Lion. Where was it?

divits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm thinking in the shopping center close to Archer and 34th?

Actually, I'm not positive but I think it was in a small strip mall closer to 34th and SW 2nd Ave/University. It was right next to a laundry mat so we sometimes would get loaded while doing our laundry there.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm thinking in the shopping center close to Archer and 34th?
Could be. I was hoping someone would say a block east of Leonardo's on University. There was a cool little sports bar there known for its Thursday night crowds. I remember watching Fisk waving fair his 12th inning walkoff homer against the Reds in the '75 World Series.

For the life of me, I can't remember the name of the place.

d3a93b352dfbeb63e88c55cc58a1dbd9.gif

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Actually, I'm not positive but I think it was in a small strip mall closer to 34th and SW 2nd Ave/University. It was right next to a laundry mat so we sometimes would get loaded while doing our laundry there.
Next to the Publix?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb