The Coaching Search Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keene-Flint

Nov 3, 2017
:eek3: So glad to open this discussion back up.
Has anybody put together a list of the top 3-5 coaching targets outside of Kelly and Frost? Is it still Mullen, Strong and Norvell? I'm not sold on any of those options. Is there a name like Chad Morris or Justin Fuente that is likely and obtainable?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Honestly, would anybody pay the $18M buyout (or $40M if you insist) for Jimbo?
it isn't really an 18 million dollar buyout. it would only be 18 if Jimbo left fired all the assistants and they were unable to get a job so that FSU had to pay them. truth is fsu's going to fire most of those guys and pay them anyway.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
You might not like it but perhaps this is as good as we can get this year.

Keep our interim coach, he seems to be doing a decent job and has already made improvements.

Get a new and much better offensive coordinator, perhaps Sumlin.

Get a much better strength and conditioning coach and implement some of Chip Kelly's innovative conditioning and monitoring process.

Make a large effort to improve player leadership, decide what to do with the nine.

Make a large effort to improve special teams, especially punt coverage and perhaps block teams.

Improve our receivers, they can't be dropping passes, not running their routes correctly, etc.

This can get most of the improvements that a new HBC would bring with less risk of failing to get improvements.

One or two years and this either gets us a lot of improvements, or then others will be available.

Keene-Flint

Nov 3, 2017
No. Thats not exciting at all Chief, very pragmatic but not exciting at all! Is this what you would do? Is Shannon as interim, better than a shot with Norvell, Morris, or dare I say it, Kiffy?

Blacklabgator

Lurking Member
Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2014
No. Thats not exciting at all Chief, very pragmatic but not exciting at all! Is this what you would do? Is Shannon as interim, better than a shot with Norvell, Morris, or dare I say it, Kiffy?

I think kiffin is going to get his shot in the sec again this year

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You might not like it but perhaps this is as good as we can get this year.

Keep our interim coach, he seems to be doing a decent job and has already made improvements.
Unfortunately, I agree with this. No more hiring a 4-5 loss Dude with a Pulse.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
why did the chicken cross the road to join the ACC,

Isreali scientists have bred a featherless chicken. Think of the savings in mess and money.
featherless_chicken3.jpg
This is true, no joke, no photoshop.

Doopree

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
I like Dan Mullen over anyone else as a third choice. Obviously this is not a popular opinion but I think he would do a much better job than the last two coaches.

Keene-Flint

Nov 3, 2017
I like Dan Mullen over anyone else as a third choice. Obviously this is not a popular opinion but I think he would do a much better job than the last two coaches.
Problem is Mullen brings no goodwill with him to the program and would immediately be on the hot seat from Gator fans

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I suppose if we can't get a real home run type hire, we should probably go with someone who's a great recruiter and experienced enough to help try to build up our roster while we play catch-up in the facilities arms race until we can actually attract a championship level coach...

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@FootballScoop: Believe him or not, White has told people in the profession (per sources) he expects Frost to stay at UCF as well… #ADScoop

ppinesgator

Founding Member
aka "Biggums"
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Isreali scientists have bred a featherless chicken. Think of the savings in mess and money.
featherless_chicken3.jpg
This is true, no joke, no photoshop.

Well damn. Might as well just have them wear a folk and bath in bar be que saurce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator