Founding Member
That was good.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay......................................................

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I guess that was an attempt at humor.

What concerned me most was the officials injecting themselves directly into the outcome of the game. A few things stood out to me as I watched the play at full speed and by pausing it. The defender closest to the line immediately engaged the receiver...he initiated the contact. None of the three defenders immediately reacted to the receiver breaking to the flat...somebody blew their assignment. The other receiver simply ran up field...the defender did nothing to fight him off as if he were trying to get to the receiver in the flat. The third defender finally makes a move to his left, bit way too late to make a play. The defenders then start jawing at each other...because someone blew their assignment. Flag comes in and the head referee looks surprised...he saw nothing. The play of the game, perfectly executed, taken away on what clearly should have been a no call. The defense got whipped and there was no way for them to recover...nobody impeded anybody to the extent that the result of the play was affected (like interference on an uncatchable ball).

I dislike Notre Dame as much as anyone, but I hate seeing the game tarnished by a horrible call.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TallyGator;n89248 said:
I guess that was an attempt at humor.

What concerned me most was the officials injecting themselves directly into the outcome of the game. A few things stood out to me as I watched the play at full speed and by pausing it. The defender closest to the line immediately engaged the receiver...he initiated the contact. None of the three defenders immediately reacted to the receiver breaking to the flat...somebody blew their assignment. The other receiver simply ran up field...the defender did nothing to fight him off as if he were trying to get to the receiver in the flat. The third defender finally makes a move to his left, bit way too late to make a play. The defenders then start jawing at each other...because someone blew their assignment. Flag comes in and the head referee looks surprised...he saw nothing. The play of the game, perfectly executed, taken away on what clearly should have been a no call. The defense got whipped and there was no way for them to recover...nobody impeded anybody to the extent that the result of the play was affected (like interference on an uncatchable ball).

I dislike Notre Dame as much as anyone, but I hate seeing the game tarnished by a horrible call.

You think? I hate the Clowns with a burning passion only exceeded by my hatred of the Humpers, but I thought that was a good call. I thought not one, but two ND receivers were setting picks.

Check this video out. This guy is making the case that the call was blown and the ref that made the call was not in position to make the call and threw his flag prematurely, but I think it clearly shows ND receivers almost blocking in the routes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAKIi6gONFA Play starts around 1:15.

Still, it was a well-designed play. Had they brushed the defenders and not picked them, the TD would have stood and the Clowns would have lost...

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It was the right call unfortunately.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I am going to respectfully disagree. The video shows that both FSU defenders initiated the contact with the receivers...and none of them made a move towards the receiver who caught the pass. Its a done deal now...but I still say bad call.

ntcrze

Founding Member
Banned
Banned
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Well, since Jameis Winston is such a villain, I'm sure he promised the refs crab legs for life to make the call. It couldn't possibly be the case that he, again, showed why he is the best player in college football. Florida has a great defense, surely they can end Winston's unprecedented record as a starting quarterback, if it's still intact when they play him.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
ntcrze;n89489 said:
Well, since Jameis Winston is such a villain, I'm sure he promised the refs crab legs for life to make the call. It couldn't possibly be the case that he, again, showed why he is the best player in college football. Florida has a great defense, surely they can end Winston's unprecedented record as a starting quarterback, if it's still intact when they play him.

STFU, Nole.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
That game was stolen from Notre Dame like so many crab claws.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I hate both of those teams so much that I didn't really care who won. I think that call could have gone either way, but I also think if the correct call was made, it should have been on #20 (who made immediate contact with the DB and did not attempt to disengage), not the guy the penalty was actually called on. In the end, you have to admit, Winston (may he rot in hell) played one heck of a second half in that game; though it was agonizing to watch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.