The disrespect is real: No Gators RB in the Top 50

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
No lies told here

Speaking of lies.....do you still think he's better than Michel and/or Chubb? :D

All kidding aside, I like Scarlett and if he can learn to pass block he will be a complete back. I think he's our feature back this year and goes for close to 1,000.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Speaking of lies.....do you still think he's better than Michel and/or Chubb? :D

All kidding aside, I like Scarlett and if he can learn to pass block he will be a complete back. I think he's our feature back this year and goes for close to 1,000.

To be fair, I said that when Chubb was a year removed from his knee injury and didn’t look like the same runner......

But yeah, I was wrong about Michel :lol:

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
Scarlett is going to be one of the top backs in the Sec this year. I think he'll surprise some people if you think he's just an average RB. He will run with a chip on his shoulder. The running game will no doubt be better. That's the one thing about this offense that I like. The running scheme is going to work.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Scarlett was out and Davis got hurt. This was also in a Nuss/Mac offense with a terrible OL.

What’s your point here?

Unless you're a Gator fan...you look at those stats and I can see why no one thinks we have a top 50 RB or why Athlon might think that. I like JS and think he's a good back. I'm not saying I agree but it is more like prove it to me first.

Blacklabgator

Lurking Member
Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2014
They don’t think we have a top back because the QB is going to do all the running.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
To be fair, I said that when Chubb was a year removed from his knee injury and didn’t look like the same runner......

But yeah, I was wrong about Michel :lol:

Have you ever been right about anything?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Love Malik Davis, think he's got a great future here.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Davis is the best all around back on the team but his injury probably precludes him from getting a mention. Scarlett's year off for suspension probably precluded him from getting a mention but his previous play shows that he is serviceable and no where near elite.

I think this certainly explains why UF has no back on that list. Additionally as someone else said, when you have 3 good backs, then none is likely to make that list.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Malik Davis is a way better runner than Scarlett if he's healthy. He always seemed to be moving forward. Hope he bounces back

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Malik Davis is a way better runner than Scarlett if he's healthy. He always seemed to be moving forward. Hope he bounces back
He's got great acceleration, real good open-field moves, surprising strength for his size. Scarlett is more of a slasher.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator