The downside of the bye week

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
This season has been so much better that the bye week has me uncomfortable. I want a game to watch. Now that we finally have hope and change for the better with our beloved program it makes game week all the much better. Imagine how bad it will be waiting from Jan. to almost Sept. next year to see more. The jags are jagging again so nothing there to get excited about. Basketball is gonna be good I am pretty sure. Dan has brought back so much excitement. When the season is over (its going by quickly) another Petty lyric pops in my head.

The waiting is the hardest part
Every day you see one more card
You take it on faith, you take it to the heart
The waiting is the hardest part

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
EMZ7.gif

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
So, life is better when we have no hope in the off-season because we know we suck? Not sure I’m following your logic.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I told something similar to my brother today. With Chump and MacNuss, I was happy for the bye week. It meant i got break from garbage coaching. I hate the bye week for the first time in years because it means I don’t get to watch my gators.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
So, life is better when we have no hope in the off-season because we know we suck? Not sure I’m following your logic.

CG has the wise attitude for us to apply = temper the FB-drought :
1) latch on to Gator basketball
2) bask in highlights of 2018 FB
3) dream big for 2019 FB
4) later ... crank up hope White wins the SEC & goes to Final 4
5) what else guys ?

GatorTom85

Mar 22, 2016
CG has the wise attitude for us to apply = temper the FB-drought :
1) latch on to Gator basketball
2) bask in highlights of 2018 FB
3) dream big for 2019 FB
4) later ... crank up hope White wins the SEC & goes to Final 4
5) what else guys ?
Spring ball, recruiting, baseball, softball, track and field, women's gymnastics, lacrosse, and of course, the inevitable sec all sports trophy. (but wait, Foley sucks... :facepalm:)

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
PE has a point. The last five years I really didn't care if UF had a bye week, as it was hard to stomach getting through their games. Sadly, we prayed for the season to end quickly WITHOUT a bowl game so we didn't have to watch them again - isn't that awful?

I want to see this team play again and it sucks it's not happening this weekend. I also want a bowl game against anyone - let's just play.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Spring ball, recruiting, baseball, softball, track and field, women's gymnastics, lacrosse, and of course, the inevitable sec all sports trophy. (but wait, Foley sucks... :facepalm:)

So right G-Tom ... I'm jolted that my thinking was blank on all those others ... we're also SEC competitive in tennis and golf.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
PE has a point. The last five years I really didn't care if UF had a bye week, as it was hard to stomach getting through their games. Sadly, we prayed for the season to end quickly WITHOUT a bowl game so we didn't have to watch them again - isn't that awful?

I want to see this team play again and it sucks it's not happening this weekend. I also want a bowl game against anyone - let's just play.

That's known as an orange & blue fix. I'm with you.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm just glad there is a little more 'here we go Gators' and plan to score attitude again.

Politigator

L-boy's Cousin
BANNED
Oct 5, 2018
I like watching the gators when they win. When they are losing, I don't enjoy it as much. My extensive statistical analysis has concluded there is a material correlation between the two factors.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I dwell on the ideas that our guys are getting wily studying film. Dings are healing. Camaraderie is building. Mental powers are linking up. (hope so, hope so)

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Ok, it is Sat. morning and the Sun has no story on the team, the game or anything exciting (oh yeah the Brewers took it to game 7). We are #3 in power rating in the SEC. But since it is bye week our local school is having their Fal Festival. For those of you that do not appreciate my online meanderings or persona I will be in the dunking booth about 6:45 today.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Tom Petty weekend in Gainesville. Lotta great free music at Depot Park. Also the Cedar Key festival.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator