The extremely positive Basketball thread

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Coach WHite is making a run at SEC COY. The kids are a scrappy bunch. I like him. I am really impressed with the job he has done. Gotta say, while early...it looks like Foley make a good choice.

Go Gators!

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Every game is an adventure, but the team has shown some backbone lately by winning on the road and coming from behind at home. I really hope the next home game they start out with a lot of energy instead of what's been happening. I can't complain about 5-0, though.

BostonGator84

Founding Member
Infrequent Frequenter
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Great win today. Wasn't sure if they had it in them but they came up clutch in the end.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Great win today. Wasn't sure if they had it in them but they came up clutch in the end.

They battled back. The two 4 point plays...epic. Lots of oh my's on the radio today while I was running errands.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The Bench is giving us real big production lately. We just need to beat KY at home to get a real good seed in the tournament.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Nice win but should have been easier. UGA is a scrappy team.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Can't beat ranked teams. Struggles against unranked teams. But COY?
giphy.gif
See thread title - you fail!
failed.gif

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I think White is making strides as a coach. This team is what it is. Not a great offensive team, but they have grit and maybe they finally know how to win. Last year I don't think they win these close games. We have a pretty good class coming in next year, but PG is a major concern.

And I like the positivity by T Rex.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
This is a team that didn't have a home game for the first month and a half of the season against the #3 hardest schedule, yet they've still won enough to be ranked in what will probably be the top 20 next week. White tweaked the starting lineup around and it's been a good rotation since he did, although our bigs have struggled the last couple games.

I'm liking where they're heading with Barry and Stone firing on all cylinders, and if we can get Hayes, Eggy, and Robinson back into the offensive fold, look out. This is a team that could easily finish 14-4 or better in conference and head to March with a 3-4 seed depending on the SEC Tourney performance.

Wuerffel4Pres

No offense
Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2016
I'm enjoying watching this team and the fight they have that was sorely lacking last season. I still think Kentucky will kick our @$$ both times, but boy do I hope I am wrong and will gladly eat my words if I am. Go Gators.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Coach WHite is making a run at COY. The kids are a scrappy bunch. I like him. I am really impressed with the job he has done. Gotta say, while early...it looks like Foley make a good choice.

Here is the deal for White. His team had great regular seasons but failed to win the conference tourney to get into the tourney 3 straight years at LaTech. His team was well on the way to an NCAA tourney at large bid last year at UF, but inexplicitly lost to UAL AT HOME and then Vandy for a second time AT HOME last year to let that at large bid slip away.

COY does not matter for him this year. What matters is that he coach a team over the finish line into the tourney. Now the SEC finish line is different from from the WAC finish line, but he needs to get over that line and get his team into the NCAA tourney. He is off to a fine start this year, but he was also off to a fine start last year. He has to finish the deal. Nothing else matters.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Here is the deal for White. His team had great regular seasons but failed to win the conference tourney to get into the tourney 3 straight years at LaTech. His team was well on the way to an NCAA tourney at large bid last year at UF, but inexplicitly lost to UAL AT HOME and then Vandy for a second time AT HOME last year to let that at large bid slip away.

COY does not matter for him this year. What matters is that he coach a team over the finish line into the tourney. Now the SEC finish line is different from from the WAC finish line, but he needs to get over that line and get his team into the NCAA tourney. He is off to a fine start this year, but he was also off to a fine start last year. He has to finish the deal. Nothing else matters.

I'll tell you the difference...last year they probably lose this game. I think they make the NCAA's this year.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I'll tell you the difference...last year they probably lose this game. I think they make the NCAA's this year.

I agree but I was pretty sure last year that team would beat UAL at home and beat Vandy the second time at home and make it. So it does not matter what I think, you think or any one thinks this time in the season, Mike White MUST coach his team into an NCAA tourney bid whatever it takes.

Wuerffel4Pres

No offense
Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2016

I think so too. I just hope they make it to the second weekend. The tournament is always more fun the longer our team is around.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No surprise there aren't too many responses to this thread. Why? Cause we WON today and its not March yet so most fair weather Gator Basketball fans don't care until then. We also haven't played UK yet so they won't say much or congratulate this team on a WIN until we play UK. Now if we had lost this game then OH LORD, the negative nellies would be lambasting this team and saying we need to fire the coach and we won't make it into the NCAA team and we will have a losing record and tear down the Exact Dome and on and on and on. We WON and you LOST!! Deal with it!! Go Gators!!

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I gotta agree with boss. I got nothing to say here unless we lose.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No surprise there aren't too many responses to this thread. Why? Cause we WON today and its not March yet so most fair weather Gator Basketball fans don't care until then. We also haven't played UK yet so they won't say much or congratulate this team on a WIN until we play UK. Now if we had lost this game then OH LORD, the negative nellies would be lambasting this team and saying we need to fire the coach and we won't make it into the NCAA team and we will have a losing record and tear down the Exact Dome and on and on and on. We WON and you LOST!! Deal with it!! Go Gators!!
There's 2 reasons...

1. This an extremely positive basketball thread, see title.
2. Posters are beginning to fear being OWNED and DESTROYED if they say something not to your liking.

Know what I mean?

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I've enjoyed watching our team play this year and hope to make it up to a few games. White seems to be doing a great job.

It's still weird not seeing Billy coaching them. It's like my brain (or heart) cant process it.

Last edited:

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I gotta agree with boss. I got nothing to say here unless we lose.
I gotta say I like the Boss and his positivity...........MikeW is just beginning his UF career and followed a damned HOFer. Whoever thought UF would get a HOF basketball coach? Mike has big shoes to fill. I think the fella is doing a damned good job. I wonder if talks to Billy sometimes. I hope so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.