The fat lady (man?) has sung

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
2 years late as always.

Zach probably still singing the praises of his favorite 3 stars.

Nah, his favorite walk-on journey man QB that has never played a top 50 defense, but has a 1:1 TD/INT ratio that includes at least 3 TD's that have 0 to do with his skill...maybe more. he probably goes to sleep wanking it with tears to ease the friction sobbing that we'd be a top 10 offense if only LDR had started all year and not got injured. Then he'll go to WRUF and he and Carbozo will literally scream at anyone who disagrees.

Apologies if I went too far, I am just sick of his crap

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
To me the glaring special teams problems are this: We never have a good kickoff or punt return. We often fail to field the punt and either fumble it or let it bounce for 20 extra yards. And we are terrible at covering kicks, letting the other team get great return yardage and field position. Our national rankings in these areas were already in the gutter just as much as the offense before yesterday's game, and now they are obviously even worse.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Do local beat writers at other schools avoid criticizing the current staff like the Sun?

Or is this a Mac "butt-hurt" issue?

Sadly the local beat writers for other SEC schools are in my opinion far far worse homers than the ones in Gainesville. I know of some from LSU, UGa, UAL, AU, the Ms schools and UTn. I don't follow them constantly but I have seen things they have written and heard them enough on radio to get a sense that they are pretty big homers.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
Sadly the local beat writers for other SEC schools are in my opinion far far worse homers than the ones in Gainesville. I know of some from LSU, UGa, UAL, AU, the Ms schools and UTn. I don't follow them constantly but I have seen things they have written and heard them enough on radio to get a sense that they are pretty big homers.

Must be tough to write good things about Butchie at 10RC.

Thanks for the input.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017

I agree, but I think there are two different things here:
  1. Being a homer and cheering on your team openly is something I don't think our guys do. They really try to be Gator-centric, but unbiased unless...
  2. It would go against the company line. Tooley, Crucial, and Carbozo are not big homers in a pumper kind of way like the people you mention, but they do push the company line. Like the LDR is the only QB who could run this offense despite looking pedestrian against awful defenses meme. Or that it is unfair to look at how bad the Kentucky defense was last year and point out they let New Mexico State and Southern Miss do the same things we did.

I think we try more of the non-partial media route while keeping focus, but we do push a party line for fear of loss of access or just pure delusion by some of the media.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Nah, his favorite walk-on journey man QB that has never played a top 50 defense, but has a 1:1 TD/INT ratio that includes at least 3 TD's that have 0 to do with his skill...maybe more. he probably goes to sleep wanking it with tears to ease the friction sobbing that we'd be a top 10 offense if only LDR had started all year and not got injured. Then he'll go to WRUF and he and Carbozo will literally scream at anyone who disagrees.

Apologies if I went too far, I am just sick of his crap
There is no gone too far with this board.

We are wimp free zone.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I think we try more of the non-partial media route while keeping focus, but we do push a party line for fear of loss of access or just pure delusion by some of the media.

I agree with your whole post, but think this is really a good way to put it. I think the Gatorsports/Sun guys err on the side of not losing their access.

One bit of unfair criticism they get is the whole they never break stories bit. They have editors who require sourcing from them. So I think they are constrained compared to some websites concerning what the can go public with.

gatorbro1

Sep 10, 2017
The Gators played harder and with more enthusiasm after the University was placed on a near"Death Sentence" by the NCAA. They had nothing to play for but pride in themselves , love for their teammates and fans and the University of Florida. I have never been more embarrassed to be a Gator as after watching the Missouri game yesterday. Even if you have injuries its still possible to play like you give a ****. More players played like they didn't care than those who gave their best. That was obvious. Sad. I don't know who the Gators will hire but he must rebuild from the ground up much like Steve Spurrier did. He formed close relationships with all the coaches in the State of Florida and he showed the fans he cared by attending IN PERSON! all of the Gator Club gatherings even at the small clubs. He came with Gator Coaching Legend Ray Graves and some other staff members and signed Gator Gear and pictures for all those who wished many of whom were children, in a line that stretched for what seemed like forever. He never quit until the last fan was spoken to and had their item signed. It will take someone like that to get the 5 star athletes to come back to the University of Florida. It is worth noting that Urban Meyer was to damn busy to continue this kind of nonsense and in a few years he could not even recruit a decent QB to replace Tim Tebow that did not have criminal tendencies or a criminal record. Then he conveniently got sick and left. My preference would be that he be a Florida graduate who bleeds orange and blue but this is not a necessity. He needs to be young, aggressive, and willing to form relationships with high school coaches and the fans. He needs to be accessible and have a love for people. He needs to care about his players but they must also realize he is the boss not their father. I hope somehow we can find this person. He might just be in Orlando. Its great to be a Florida Gator!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.