The Fix is In

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Pretty tough to argue when you see that whiff of a tackle on Diggs last night.

I think that was a product of the horrible rules against DBS, he hits them early, spot foul free play, Hits him high, 15 yarder free play, hits them when the receiver isn't ready 15 yarder free play.... kid took a bad angle at the legs. if he aimed for the chest done deal.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
This may have been discussed...

If the Saints DB does make that tackle... there are about 3-4 seconds left on the clock.
Vikings had one TO remaining and would have had the ball at about the 33-34 yard line.
This would have given them a shot at about a 50 yard FG.

Kai Forbath is very good... 84% on the season with six kicks longer than 50 yards.
And they are in a Dome.

My guess is, had the DB made the tackle, there is a very good chance the Vikings win anyway.

Mystery solved... remove all aluminum at this time.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

If the Saints DB does make that tackle... there are about 3-4 seconds left on the clock.
Vikings had one TO remaining and would have had the ball at about the 33-34 yard line.

Kai Forbath is very good... 84% on the season with six kicks longer than 50 yards.
And they are in a Dome.

My guess is, had the DB made the tackle, there is a very good chance the Vikings win anyway.

didn't he fit a 56 yarder earlier in the game?

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

I was totally with this guy with all the numerology, the Vesica Piscis, and the definitive portent of the second coming of Jesus embodied in a football game, but he lost me when he claimed the WWE is rigged.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
That's some serious stuff right there.

:lol2:

It never fails to amaze me how some people think and just how screwy some humans can be.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

And they are in a Dome.

Diggs catches the ball at the 0:04 mark. By the Tim he's down, it's at least 0:03. Neither team had a TO. Minnesota would have to run down the field at least 40 yards to spike the ball. Wouldn't have happened. Again, no TOs.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
:lol2:

It never fails to amaze me how some people think and just how screwy some humans can be.

It's alright, my brother tried to tell me that the refs got together at half of the Bama game and conspired to make it close. That's why Bama won...according to him

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Diggs catches the ball at the 0:04 mark. By the Tim he's down, it's at least 0:03. Neither team had a TO. Minnesota would have to run down the field at least 40 yards to spike the ball. Wouldn't have happened. Again, no TOs.

If he was tackled in bounds, if he falls with the ball and any part of his body is out the clock is stopped.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If he was tackled in bounds, if he falls with the ball and any part of his body is out the clock is stopped.
Of course. But Diddy mentioned there was 1 TO left and the angle the DV was coming, with proper form, most likely tackled in bounds.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Of course. But Diddy mentioned there was 1 TO left and the angle the DV was coming, with proper form, most likely tackled in bounds.

all it has to be is a hand reaching out, ask Dez Bryant.... if his hand touches before the rest of his body... he is out of bounds.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
all it has to be is a hand reaching out, ask Dez Bryant.... if his hand touches before the rest of his body... he is out of bounds.
And if he doesn't touch first, he's in bounds.

Fun, isn't this. We could do it all day.

What if he caught the ball and was tackled but they stopped the clock to run a replay? :shocked:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
And if he doesn't touch first, he's in bounds.

Fun, isn't this. We could do it all day.

What if he caught the ball and was tackled but they stopped the clock to run a replay? :shocked:

it would be enough, I just doubt the fix was in on this particular instance.. the rookie db has a small location he can hit due to the placement of the ball, and he took a bad angle. These things happen. Looking at how the receiver came down, most likely he would have been close if not potentially out of bounds. I know plenty of people love the saints, but these kinds of plays happen in Football, and they were on the wrong end of one.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER Lower Expectations.
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017

They had no time out. He would have needed to get out of bounds. This may have caused the DB to take an angle that he thought he would need to knock him down in bounds.

Egor's Assistant

Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
It's alright, my brother tried to tell me that the refs got together at half of the Bama game and conspired to make it close. That's why Bama won...according to him
When you have a crossroads deal with the Devil, you don't need the refs help.

Egor's Assistant

Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Maybe that's what 43 was thinking. He needed to step to the sideline so that he could knock him in bounds. His bad angle allowed Diggs to avoid him altogether.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.