The Foley Legacy, v. 4.2

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Good points.

I appreciate the otherwise amazing job foley did to bring in national championships in a ton of UF sports. Unfortunately, his ton of mistakes with the football program is understandably overshadowing those other accomplishments.

How could foley go from making SOS the highest paid CFB coach to becoming Ebenezer Scrooge?

My best guess? He caught lightning in a bottle with Billy and thought he could do it with every hire. When it came to football, he was wrong. A lot.

Yes, Foley's gigantic ego did it. He is the smartest man in the room. He can find Billy D's everywhere. Wrong. He is stuck in finding a Sabanite. Chump...worthless with no head coaching experience. Next up? Hannah Montana. Another Sabanite with HC experience. Except the guy was a mediocre with an NFL QB reject. Grayson isn't even on a roster. QB guru my ass. I hope Mac resigns because he's too honest to steal anymore money from us.

F Foley.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I appreciate the otherwise amazing job foley did to bring in national championships in a ton of UF sports. Unfortunately, his ton of mistakes with the football program is understandably overshadowing those other accomplishments.
That doesn't make him a good AD. That makes him a good Asst AD of Nonrevenue Sports.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Read my post again - I was not blaming Meyer. At the time, and I still am, very surprised that Foley was not more aware of the situation with Meyer. While Meyer may have given Foley a year to find a replacement, the result of that full year was Will Muschamp.

Got it. I guess my point was more that Foley allowing him to stay was one of the few smart decisions he has made. What he did with that time is a separate issue and one thing I'm sure we can agree on.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Foley was the Dad that drives their kid onto the lot of nice cars as a joke before taking them to buy a used pinto.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I wanted to start another Foley thread but this one was already in place.

For context...yes, he did an outstanding job across many sports. But he is RESPONSIBLE for the downfall of the program. SOS built it and Foley kept it running then he ran it into the ground.

That's his legacy. Greatest and worst AD at the same time. You can't give him credit and not also blame.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
If Marinna's info is true about the budget then Foley should be permabanned. Dude is garbage.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
" Florida hasn't won a bowl game since 2009, and it appears destined for a lost decade..."

Wow. That guy really hit the nail on the head. It's angering.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, Foley's gigantic ego did it. He is the smartest man in the room. .
Lulz that must be a VERY small room. I can tell you he often stopped at our table to talk to a friend of mine and he was always the dumbest person at the table.

OurProgramIsBroken

Oct 29, 2017
Fooley has ruined the program. Others will say, ah look at the other sports, all the NCs, that's great and all, but football is the money maker. We were +5 years behind on the IPF, The locker room is stuck in 2001, The cheap head coach hires. What once was an elite program, has turned in to Vanderbilt, all because he went cheap on everything. Hell Kentucky has better facilities than us, and they're a basketball school (apparently we are too)

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator