The GOAT, Brady or Jordan?

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I was going to choose Ric Flair but the article said team sports only so I’m going with Road Warrior Animal. He was the better half of the greatest tag team in wrestling history.

Agreed, although Hawk was a lot bigger in stature. My Top 3 all-time would be (1) Road Warriors (2) Ole and Arn and (3) Hayes/Brody

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Yes, the passage of time brings about lots of variables, and yet having watched the NBA for over 50 years I feel my eyes can compensate for the changes.

Jordan is the best I've seen probably followed by Magic Johnson and, sigh, LeBron James, who replaces Oscar Robertson atop my personal leaderboard.

Fair enough, you’re entitled to your view. I used to think Jordan was the greatest, too, and he may well be. Personally, though, I’ve listened to the arguments of others who espoused what I said above long before I did and I’ve gradually come around to seeing their point. No doubt that MJ was great, though. The other issue I have is that I didn’t see those older guys like Oscar, Bill Russell, etc. play b/c they were before my time. I’ll also admit that I contradict myself to some degree when it comes to golf...I vote for Jack as the GOAT on the links. :)

Circle City Gator

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Chamberlain was the most dominant individual player in basketball history, bar none. Russell was the most successful team player. Jordan was the best guard to ever play the game.

Ali was the greatest boxer showman, and a truly great fighter. He also fought in the last golden age of boxing, with at least two other heavyweights who, but for Ali, would be in the discussion. But Sugar Ray Robinson might have been better, and Roberto Duran, in his prime, might have, too.

Jim Brown and Jerry Rice have the best arguments for best football player of all time. Brown had a career average of 5.2 yards per carry. Rice not only caught everything, he made plays after the catch, and he blocked like a demon.

The only person comparable to Ruth's outrageous dominance over every player of his day was Gretzky, and even that was just a shadow of Ruth.

• The first time the Babe broke the home run per season record, he hit 29. Then 54, then 59, then 60. Over just a couple of years, he more than DOUBLED the record.
  • His career batting average, .342, is still one of the best of all time.
  • His career OPS is still the best of all time.
  • His career RBI is one of the best of all time.
  • His record AS A PITCHER was 94-46, with an ERA of 2.28.
  • He pitched almost 30 consecutive scoreless innings in the World Series (a record at the time).
  • He stole 123 bases.
Babe Ruth set records that took DECADES to surpass. The only comparable athlete is Bob Beamon, and that was in one event on a single jump. The Babe did it for his entire career.

Circle City Gator

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This guy-

or

This guy-
Can't really argue with either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.