The Importance of Dre Massey

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Meyer used to put starters on Special Teams. He made playing Special Teams a big deal. So it isn't a depth issue if you are putting your top guys out there... maybe we need to be doing more of that.

I remember that but it seems like we had one military person. Returns are more that just running, the blocking must be there.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yep torching a few of our 3rd stringers and walk ons with 1st team WRs gives all of us a lot of confidence we have that finally covered for sure. :lol:
They were at least 2nd stringers :shakehead:

One has to be absolutely blind to not see that Franks is lightyears better than LDR, even a 100% healthy LDR.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
"But with Massey back returning kicks, it’s possible the Gators might be up 7-0 before Franks even has to take a snap."

Well, I'm glad to see we haven't gone into full blown unrealistic expectations mode.

Key word "possible". It is also "possible" he blows out his ACL again on the first play of this year.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I think its more coaching than talent.

I remember that but it seems like we had one military person. Returns are more that just running, the blocking must be there.

Agreed on both counts - ST coach needs to have players that know how to block and create lanes, as well as returners that know how to find and hit those lanes, and most importantly NOT TO CATCH IT INSIDE THE 5 YD LINE! How many times did we see that last year? Thank GAWD we replaced the ST coach.

wait, what? same coach? Fk me.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

One has to be absolutely blind to not see that Franks is lightyears better than LDR, even a 100% healthy LDR.
I don't recall seeing Mac and Nuss using white canes?

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
I for one hope this kid is everything the g-ville media Is making him out to be but am I the only one who remembers he hasn't done jack $hit in major CFB yet? Until he shows us something (against legit competition) I'm not going to get to excited about him. With that being said...I sure wouldn't mind seeing him light Harbaugh's a$$ up in Dallas ;)

Slug

I fcuking hate people.
Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2014
Our decline in the return game from the championship level we had is dramatic. Perhaps it is an indication of lack of depth in talented players.
Or that lack of coaching talent.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
If Massey is what they're making him out to be, he could be a very special piece of the puzzle. Add a few more play makers (i.e. Toney) to go along with Callaway and Cleveland and it could be what we've been wanting all along.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If Massey is what they're making him out to be, he could be a very special piece of the puzzle.
He is getting nearly as much spring camp hype as Fullwood and Debose. I expect him to be quite the game-changer.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
He is getting nearly as much spring camp hype as Fullwood and Debose. I expect him to be quite the game-changer.

Debose may have been a bust as a receiver, but he was very good on special teams. That is all Massey needs to do. I highly doubt he'll contribute much in the passing game because Franks won't be getting past his first or second option in his progressions.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

I thought Toney played against 3rd stringers

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.