The Kasey Hill thread

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Well if.......

This is the team we have. These guys. These guys needed Kasey to get to the Elite 8.....which most of you thought was impossible.

Folks are criticizing White but one of the most important tasks a coach has is to build chemistry. Another is understanding how to use your resources. Yet another is to develop your players. Hill is a major part of that chemistry, is a defensive asset and has improved measurably over the past 2 years. He is an important piece that had been integral to our success.

His sin is that he has not lived up to the hype. He's not who we thought he was going to be. He ended up just being an important piece....a starter who has contributed to an Elite 8 team.

I'm glad we have him and applaud his perseverance. Solid Gator.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
And Ox called Barry a waste of sperm last night.
My friend, I don't who you are thinking of, but I DID NOT say this. Perhaps someone else did. In fact, I'll search the archive. I'd just appreciate you stop spreading lies.

And man, if you want to go out, then go out. Quit threatening and just go.

UPDATE: Found it:

t-gator: Barry is a waste of sperm

I actually like Barry. I'll hold my breath for your apology.

Last edited:

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
I ran a sperm test on the Chat Archives and the Main Sports forum.
The result?

t-gator is the sperminator - Ox, you are NOT the father

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Well if.......H

This is the team we have. These guys. These guys needed Kasey to get to the Elite 8.....which most of you thought was impossible.

Folks are criticizing White but one of the most important tasks a coach has is to build chemistry. Another is understanding how to use your resources. Yet another is to develop your players. Hill is a major part of that chemistry, is a defensive asset and has improved measurably over the past 2 years. He is an important piece that had been integral to our success.

His sin is that he has not lived up to the hype. He's not who we thought he was going to be. He ended up just being an important piece....a starter who has contributed to an Elite 8 team.

I am with you here. Hill has played some really good games though he certainly has weaknesses. The chemistry of this team is working well right now. There is really no reason to change anything. Hill, Allen and Chiozza get starter minutes that fluctuation based on foul trouble and how good they are playing. There is also nothing to say Chiozza won't be picked up by Hill in the next round.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Word on the street is White won't be asked back for a third season due to his handling of Hill. Could you blame them? He's Erving Walker on 'roids.

Funny and spot on. I had more problems with Donovan handling E.Walker particularly with Wilbekin on the bench the last two years than I have with White handling Hill.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Now you watch, Hill will carry us to the title the next three games, probably with a number of clutch shots. :lol:

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Well if.......

Marine1 gets it there is MUCH more to basketball than the obvious
...,.. Chemistry is a big reason those 04s won....We need all these guys and at different times

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Chemistry isn't everything.
Where he's an asset on defense, he's equally if not moreso a liability on offense.

If we are losing out on even 8-10 pts off of easy layups or short shots because of Hills wild drives to the hole, then we are talking about being significantly better, maybe not undefeated, but quite possibly switching half of our loses for wins at a minimum.
It's not that he's just missing shots, it's that he's taking shots away from better offensive players which could be entirely game changing in that he's changing the flow of the game to take and miss wild shots that are often completely unnecessary, not to mention the terrible turnovers he has because he completely forgets how to dribble.

His negatives out weigh his positives, and it's really not a debate.

Someone else asked the question earlier and I don't believe anyone has answered, what is Hill so good at that he completely outweighs Chiozza?
Hill deserves minutes for his defensive play, but Chiozza should be starting and seeing the bulk.

L-boy

BANNED
Oct 16, 2014
My friend, I don't who you are thinking of, but I DID NOT say this. Perhaps someone else did. In fact, I'll search the archive. I'd just appreciate you stop spreading lies.

And man, if you want to go out, then go out. Quit threatening and just go.

UPDATE: Found it:

t-gator: Barry is a waste of sperm

I actually like Barry. I'll hold my breath for your apology.

Sorry. I guess with all the bitchy whiny chat posts you were throwing out in the first half i mistook that one to be yours too. But you didn't have to threaten PE with banning. Mods who threaten to ban because they got called a name are douche bags. Posters who start threads that their starting point guard sucks after the most exciting tourney win history are morons.

Fans like you can really suck the enjoyment out of being a gator. It is baffling you'd start a gator message board and use it primarily to bitch about them.

So you can take your gruff grumpy curmudgeon over inflated ego board persona and shove it up your vagina.

Your friend

L-Boy

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
giphy.gif

SC Gator

Sorta Kinda
Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Hill is frustrating. When he scores it is on amazing plays, but when he flops, it is in an amazing flop indeed.

White pulled him after that last minute drive to the basket against four Badgers.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Hill makes stupid mistakes, but he's a Gator and he works hard. I doubt we're where we are today without him. Cheese needs a chance to catch his breath once in a while.

L-boy

BANNED
Oct 16, 2014
Chemistry isn't everything.
Where he's an asset on defense, he's equally if not moreso a liability on offense.

If we are losing out on even 8-10 pts off of easy layups or short shots because of Hills wild drives to the hole, then we are talking about being significantly better, maybe not undefeated, but quite possibly switching half of our loses for wins at a minimum.
It's not that he's just missing shots, it's that he's taking shots away from better offensive players which could be entirely game changing in that he's changing the flow of the game to take and miss wild shots that are often completely unnecessary, not to mention the terrible turnovers he has because he completely forgets how to dribble.

His negatives out weigh his positives, and it's really not a debate.

Someone else asked the question earlier and I don't believe anyone has answered, what is Hill so good at that he completely outweighs Chiozza?
Hill deserves minutes for his defensive play, but Chiozza should be starting and seeing the bulk.

Do you recall his performance at the first KY game?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.se...recap-box-score-gators-88-66-win-kentucky/amp

He lead all scorers with 21 and he did a lot more than score.

He has averaged 10 points a game this year which is pretty solid for a point guard and shoots 40% which isn't lights out but not bad either. With his size, ability to penetrate and play D he has some skills that you don't get with a lot of other point guards. At this point right now Chiz may be playing better but you typically don't blow up what's been working well for you at the end of the season.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Do you recall his performance at the first KY game?
Yes, which is why I didn't say we'd be undefeated otherwise.
He also played well statistically against FSU, I believe, and I think at least one more.

He has averaged 10 points a game this year which is pretty solid for a point guard and shoots 40% which isn't lights out but not bad either. With his size, ability to penetrate and play D he has some skills that you don't get with a lot of other point guards. At this point right now Chiz may be playing better but you typically don't blow up what's been working well for you at the end of the season.
It's really not about what he's made, because there is nothing really outstanding about his offensive play. This is about what is lost due to his wreckless play. Sure he's quick and can drive it, but what good is that if you refuse to dish it to open players and then go out of control with it. He's done it all season.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
There is good Kasey and bad Kasey. Last night we got 80% bad and 20% good Kasey.

I think he is pushing and trying to make something happen instead of letting the game come to him like he did earlier in the year.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Ever go agreat party where everyone is having a great time .....We are smiling ....... we are all celebrating Table is full of great food and drinks and THEN some one shiiits on it? Me neither. Hi

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator