The Kyle Trask Thread

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
Did you see the comparisons of a divisiom 3 scout teamer Trash to our record setting Leak (who might have had 16k yards or more w SOS or competent OCs)? That didnt trigger you?

Of course Im not comparing a state and college champion and Heisman winner to Franks.

Didn’t really trigger a response mainly because Trask still has never taken a snap when it matters. As a result, I haven’t really formed much of an opinion on him. If he gets that chance and looks like another Driskel or Franks, I’m with you. But until then, the jury is still out for me.

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So Donk, what will it take for you to stop calling him Trash. It’s pretty sad, he was offered a scholly here and accepted. Never been in trouble once, represents Gator nation well. I know you like to flame, but if he gets some playing time and does well, what will it take for you to man up and call him by his real name?

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
So Donk, what will it take for you to stop calling him Trash. It’s pretty sad, he was offered a scholly here and accepted. Never been in trouble once, represents Gator nation well. I know you like to flame, but if he gets some playing time and does well, what will it take for you to man up and call him by his real name?

Who cares, let Donkey continue to look like a tool

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Here was always the deal for me...the chances of a kid going from being a non-starter in HS and a 2* with only Houston Baptist as an offer TO starting at UF and beating an SEC caliber defense is slim to none. Is it possible? Sure. But those are long odds. I'll cheer anybody that gets behind center but if he's starting we're in trouble.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If you're referring to the O&B Game, you're way off.

He was 12-of-24, 178 yards, 1 TD, zero picks.
No, no, no. The "passing TD" to the alums don't count. My god how is this even up for debate. How do you even type that with a straight face?

And yeah, hitting the mike backer and strong safety in the hands is a pick in the real game. They won't always be walkons.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
No, no, no. The "passing TD" to the alums don't count. My god how is this even up for debate. How do you even type that with a straight face?

And yeah, hitting the mike backer and strong safety in the hands is a pick in the real game. They won't always be walkons.
I think every passing TD was fake news, Franks' included, so the net-net remains the same.

You're gonna go down kicking and screaming over Trask. Hell, we ALL may go down kicking and screaming.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think every passing TD was fake news, Franks' included, so the net-net remains the same
Yeah, Franks fake TD and one run were fake don't count either. One run was legit though. I guess they didn't want the score to be 14-7 when they were trying to pitch the new "Run and Run" offense.

I'm pretty sure we get EJ very quickly. I know Mullinz can make some semblance of offense with a running QB who can't pass, ala Fitzpatrick and others. Ive never seen Mullinz make a competent offense with a passing QB. It's also going to be interesting to see what he does with the backs. He also isn't particularly good at featuring the RBs.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, Franks fake TD and one run were fake don't count either. One run was legit though. I guess they didn't want the score to be 14-7 when they were trying to pitch the new "Run and Run" offense.

I'm pretty sure we get EJ very quickly. I know Mullinz can make some semblance of offense with a running QB who can't pass, ala Fitzpatrick and others. Ive never seen Mullinz make a competent offense with a passing QB. It's also going to be interesting to see what he does with the backs. He also isn't particularly good at featuring the RBs.
You need to revisit the tape on the 60-yard run. The "defenders" were going through the motions. But you can continue to try and convice yourself that Franks can run the option.

I know how it's going to end, just like everything else Franks runs. An unmitigated disaster.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
it's a glorified practice, no more no less. The fact that either of these quarterbacks were around 50% is a freaking joke. The defense wasn't playing, because it's a marketing tool.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I said it three months ago, I'll say it again. Jones will start on the road against Vandy, no later.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
I said it three months ago, I'll say it again. Jones will start on the road against Vandy, no later.

Heck, if franks and trask both flail and Kentucky is a tight one you could see him in the second half of that game. And I’ll be there to witness it. :)

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You need to revisit the tape on the 60-yard run. The "defenders" were going through the motions. But you can continue to try and convice yourself that Franks can run the option.
No I'm talking about the other run, the short run. I agree the long one was a fake.

Do I need to pull up some threads from this time last year when I was the one saying Franks wasn't ready to play and you dumb asses were saying we were going to beat Bama once we got Franks on the field? ldr was all that was holding us back.

I said Franks wasn't ready, obviously, from the spring game. I'm still not sure he's ready, or if he will ever be ready, but I know he can run some. I also know Southeast Houston baptist boy can't run at all. It's not as hard to read the tea leaves as you silly people make it.

Last edited:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
No I'm talking about the other run, the short run. I agree the long one was a fake.

Do I need to pull up some threads from this time last year when I was the one saying Franks wasn't ready to play and you dumb asses were saying we were going to beat Bama once we got Franks on the field? ldr was all that was holding us back.

I said Franks wasn't ready, obviously, from the spring game. I'm still not sure he's ready, or if he will ever be ready, but I know he can run some. I also know Southeast Houston baptist boy can't run at all. It's not as hard to read the tea leaves as you silly people make it.
You keep harping on his inability to run. We have other people who can handle the load while we groom EJ. What are you going to do about passing situations with Franks in the game? Call Hail Mary all of the time? Run packages for KT all of the time?

You need to get real. Franks is a liability in the pocket, an extreme liability.

I'll take Trask and a wheelchair.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You keep harping on his inability to run.
Thats because apparently Im one of the few here who knows Mulkinz runs the option. The rest of you have never actually watched college football, I guess.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

I picture Franks getting very short gains on most QB runs with some big runs thrown in there occasionally due to the defenders not respecting him as a run threat. He does have enough speed to break a big run if the field is wide open.

I am really going to laugh if he has some big runs against that first joke opponent making people think he is a true big time run threat.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Thats because apparently Im one of the few here who knows Mulkinz runs the option. The rest of you have never actually watched college football, I guess.
Trask is no worse than Leak afoot.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Franks is trash but Trash is trash...so which pile of Trash do you want starting?

I think I'd take the freshman over both

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator