The Kyle Trask Thread

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'm trying to figure out how you're getting this or truthfully how you're looking at Kyle Trash and thinking we have a legit shot at beating anyone with him at QB
He’s not so much a Trask fan...he just never wants to see Franks take a snap in a Gator uniform again. I think those pics of Franks with his girlfriend are 78’s daughter. :lol:

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
I just want Trask to get a decent shot against a cupcake. I'd like to see what he looks like in a real-time game situation. Right now, we're all in the dark about his actual abilities.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Donk arguing for Franks and against Trask is like the story of the drunk looking for his car keys under the street light. A passerby stops to help and after a long, fruitless search says "I don't believe we are going to find them here." "Of course we won't find them here" the the drunk says, "I lost them down there in the middle of the block." "Well, why don't we look down there', asks the passerby. " You crazy?" says the drunk, "we probably couldn't find them there. It's dark there."
Donk knows that Franks can't find the keys, but he doesn't want to let Trask even look.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm trying to figure out how you're getting this or truthfully how you're looking at Kyle Trash and thinking we have a legit shot at beating anyone with him at QB
I asked earlier if we preferred boiling hot garbage or steaming hot gargage. They're interchangeably bad quarterbacks, but I truly feel Franks is 10 degrees hotter.

@MJM, no daughter but I'd still want to kick his ass for being a dumbeff.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I think Franks is just mobile enough for this type of offense, I just worry more about his ball security while running in this offense.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I think Franks is just mobile enough for this type of offense, I just worry more about his ball security while running in this offense.

I wouldn't read too much into that. I'm not really defending Franks, but I think just about everyone on the roster deserves a completely clean slate with the new staff. Yes, FF was fumbling all over the place last year. But our entire team was "fumbling" all over themselves. Clearly we weren't being coached to even do the basics like ball security, which likely cost us the Usce game, and nearly cost us against the vols.

He may still not be the answer at QB. But I'm putting very little stock in anything from a year ago. In truth, based on every scouting report of him in HS, he should've been sitting until at least this year anyway as he was always a project. Unfortunately for everyone, JM's recruiting and attitude are the only reasons we even have college film on him at this point.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Trask has more speed, more guts, and is much taller than Leak
Not to mention size.

Law is the Rev. James Jones of Gatorchatter. He's created his own Donktown out of the weak sheep. He's persuasive, diabolical and wrong 99% of the time when it involves an argument with me. It's fact. Just trust me on this. I'm always accurate when it involves me.

Don't drink the Koolaid, folks. It's laced with Bicardi. He'll try and take advantage.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
I just want Trask to get a decent shot against a cupcake. I'd like to see what he looks like in a real-time game situation. Right now, we're all in the dark about his actual abilities.
If he can't even beat freaking Franks in practice playing him against a cupcake means nothing except show he should be playing in d2.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
Trask has more speed, more guts, and is much taller than Leak
:bwahaha: you're dreaming. Trask ran for 6 yards in his hs career in an option offense. Tall means nothing when you can't make reads or move around. Leak had plenty of guts and dealt with Tebow fans calling for Tebow all year.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If he can't even beat freaking Franks in practice playing him against a cupcake means nothing except show he should be playing in d2.
No one in D1AA or D2 wanted him. His other option was as a second QB in the class at a D3 school before some joke azz Sharkraper called.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Look, I agree with your assessment regarding quick thinking and getting the ball out quickly, and what Franks looked like generally last year. BUT... Tebow wasn't a quick thinker or good at getting the ball out quickly either.

It is a VERY simple offense.

I won't be surprised if looks entirely different this year and all that really matters is that we have some passing threat and some running threat from the QB.
Hope you’re right. In general when a QB sucks a couple years in, it’s hard to have much confidence in him turning it around. Also I don’t think he can take the hits that will come with running this offense. As ridiculous as it seems to have a qb that couldn’t play in HS, I have to admit, KT looks a lot quicker throwing 10 yard passes. Honestly, both of them will probably have more turnovers than TDs.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
You know who's been making the decisions as to who the better QB is up to this point, don't you?

Hint: he's not the Florida Gators head football coach anymore.

Why the hell are you relying on his evaluations over the past couple of years?

Himey

Founding Member
Super Important Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Trask definitely has a quicker release than Franks. I agree with the earlier post that we may see both Trask and Franks for a few games before we have to turn to EJ. It ain't looking good, folks.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I said it three months ago, I'll say it again. Jones will start on the road against Vandy, no later.
And not long after he’ll probably be out injured. He will trust his feet more than his arm and the hits will mount up quickly. Who’s the preferred walk on again? Or was that for 19? Odds are we’re screwed whatever scenarios play out.

If it hasn’t been said today, let me!be the first to say fuk Foley.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
And not long after he’ll probably be out injured. He will trust his feet more than his arm and the hits will mount up quickly. Who’s the preferred walk on again? Or was that for 19? Odds are we’re screwed whatever scenarios play out.

If it hasn’t been said today, let me!be the first to say fuk Foley.
Doubt it. Some guys are just good at eluding trouble on their feet. Charlie Ward was like that. Michael Vick, too. Football trouble, that is.

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
As usual, the OL gets overlooked. Ain't nobody going nowhere without at least a major upgrade in OL play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb