The last 27 years

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
In this series has been wonderful if you are a gator. I was reading some history of the series. They loaded the back end with wins when the ball was almost round and television was not around and social media was love notes passed in school. In terms of wins we owned the 50s and even the 60s so the 70s and 80s were the worst to me. Now for the uplifting parts. Since 1990 we have outscored them 774 to 216. That is a lot of misery if you wear that abomination of black and red. The average score of those years come to 28.66 to exactly 8.
We have averaged a damn 20 pt win over them for 27 years. Chew on that pups.........
In this interlude we have a 7 game win streak, a 6 game win streak and two 3 game winning streaks. They have managed just one 3 game win streak. The rest for them were single wins. Yesterday was awful for us but it made a small dent in the last 27 years in terms of abuse we have heaped on generations o their players and fans. fck georgia...........and our program has done that well for almost 3 decades.................

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
By contrast the 70s and 80s do not look so bad now (back then I was one miserable gator in October usually).
The series favored UGA 15-5 (the same % of wins that we had from 90 till now, the total pts being 394-278 for an average
score of 19.6-13.6.............nothing like what they have endured the last 27 years. Now for the real important stuff.
In UGA's run they won 3 sec titles (one shared with bama) and one national title.
In our run we won 8 SEC Titles and three national titles..................
the results are in regarding this series in my lifetimes................we own the dogs..........yesterday not withstanding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator