ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
There were good scenes but they are so overshadowed by the rest of the cluster **** of a movie. My biggest complaint is the disservice they did to the legacy. Many complain about so called "plot holes" but honestly Star Wars has never been known for logic so I can look beyond that. It's a fantasy movie not a hard sci-fi movie.
The OT introduced us to the characters the whole world knows and loves so the final trilogy certainly had it's work cut out for it. They hit a home run with Rey. She's instantly likable and someone that you root for and care about. Poe showed promise as the swash buckling greatest pilot in the universe. But poor Finn. If there's an actor with a lower Q score than John Boyega he must be invisible. Instantly forgettable. And Kylo Ren. I chuckled out loud in the theater when his face was revealed, I'd never heard of Adam Driver before so it was a shock. Casting is everything with ensemble casts and they went 2 for 4.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I can’t even imagine the lack of a life someone would have to make a 38 minute video complaining about the 9th film in a sci-fi series. I also can’t imagine the lack of a life someone would have to watch said video. My goodness.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Asssquatch doesn't fall for Jedi Mind Tricks.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I can’t even imagine the lack of a life someone would have to make a 38 minute video complaining about the 9th film in a sci-fi series. I also can’t imagine the lack of a life someone would have to watch said video. My goodness.
It's the 8th film in a fantasy series.
If 38 minutes wasn't enough for you here's 58 minutes of why it sucked

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So I just saw the movie. I don’t get all the heat for it. I thought it was a pretty good movie.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Star Wars isn't something that gets rebooted. It's a 9 part story with a simple overriding theme. You don't change the plot in the 8th installment of the series. You continue the story. You repeat the themes that made the OT so well loved. The Force Awakens did that while introducing new characters. And those characters had promise. But the Last Jedi fell flat on it's face and worse shyt all over Star Wars canon.
Luke's death should have been the most memorable scene in the entire Saga. If the Last Jedi was truly to be about the last Jedi then that needed to be the obvious plot of this installment. Star Wars was about Vader, Luke and the blood line. To have Luke just fade away in a poof of midichlorians was the hugest slap in the face to an audience in the history of cinema.
Which brings me to Rey. Her parents are nobodies? Are you ****ing kidding me!? That's annoying on so many levels. First because they made it out to be a big cliff hanger in the first movie. But more importantly because it deviates from what we all expected as fans, Argh I'm just so pissed about that.
Speaking of cliff hangers, what about Snoke who we were all led to believe was some new big baddie with mysterious origins. Another nobody. And I won't even talk about his death scene.
Carrie Fisher's death certainly screwed some plans up. I think she originally was supposed to be a big part of Ep 9. However with her death wouldn't have made sense to kill her off on screen in Ep 8? And there were certainly enough opportunities for that to happen. Instead we get the most cringe worthy, poorly CGI'd, moment I can remember ever seeing. I would have laughed if I wasn't so close to crying.
Well the thing on Rey's parents could be total bs that Kylo told her and the next director could easily fix that. Now Snoke dying was another major mistake. What was setting up nicely to have both light and dark mentors for the new cast of characters turned into utter ****.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, the only decent one they've made in years.
The last hour of that film was incredible. Vader's final scene was possibly the only time I've ever geeked out watching a Star Wars film. Good stuff. Still seemed unnecessary, though, the amount of time and money that went into a feature length film whose only purpose was to explain the plot hole from A New Hope. :lol:

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I thought the cinematography was good but the story line and the way they treated iconic characters like Luke was bad to ridiculous. And this character and the acting of the girl who played her was God awful.
sw8_09.jpg

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
btw, the final scene(s) leaves enough wiggle room to bring Skywalker back. Whether they will or not is another story, I suspect they will.

Last edited:

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Star Wars isn't something that gets rebooted. It's a 9 part story with a simple overriding theme. You don't change the plot in the 8th installment of the series. You continue the story. You repeat the themes that made the OT so well loved. The Force Awakens did that while introducing new characters. And those characters had promise. But the Last Jedi fell flat on it's face and worse shyt all over Star Wars canon.
Luke's death should have been the most memorable scene in the entire Saga. If the Last Jedi was truly to be about the last Jedi then that needed to be the obvious plot of this installment. Star Wars was about Vader, Luke and the blood line. To have Luke just fade away in a poof of midichlorians was the hugest slap in the face to an audience in the history of cinema.
Which brings me to Rey. Her parents are nobodies? Are you ****ing kidding me!? That's annoying on so many levels. First because they made it out to be a big cliff hanger in the first movie. But more importantly because it deviates from what we all expected as fans, Argh I'm just so pissed about that.
Speaking of cliff hangers, what about Snoke who we were all led to believe was some new big baddie with mysterious origins. Another nobody. And I won't even talk about his death scene.
Carrie Fisher's death certainly screwed some plans up. I think she originally was supposed to be a big part of Ep 9. However with her death wouldn't have made sense to kill her off on screen in Ep 8? And there were certainly enough opportunities for that to happen. Instead we get the most cringe worthy, poorly CGI'd, moment I can remember ever seeing. I would have laughed if I wasn't so close to crying.

Or you could follow some of the books and go with the children rather than starting all over.

For example these https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_New_Jedi_Order

Good books with new characters, new challenges, and better plots to boot than just repeating history.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator