The Litmus Test

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
The best Litmus test imo for the current state of the program is to know what our rival fans think of us.

I explored this topic by visiting a FSU board and found a thread on our team.

What i found was not shocking, they want Mac to stay at UF because they believe he’s not elite and aren’t worried about us from a competition stand point.

However, there was also a consensus that if we got Scott Frost, they could be in big big trouble. They have a VERY high regard for Frost and think he could make us elite again.

I’m not saying this one way or the other just relaying what i found. Take from that what you will.

Objectively, I think Coach Mac is a good guy who does things the right way. I want him to succeed here, but Macs time here will be based off wins and losses (i do think next year is a very big year based off the circumstances this year).

Also, it is my belief that although Frost has ties to Nebraska i don’t see him taking that job. Ultimately, nebraska isn’t an elite gig anymore but UF very much so is.

Last edited:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
home-attorneys-images.png

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Florida needs to move fast to retain the perception that we are an elite destination. 8 years of some what successful seasons mixed with bad seasons does not equate to elite. We have whiffed way too many times on elite offensive players due to the product on the field from the present and past coach. Defense has been great, but has dropped off now, due to Mac's lousy recruiting at LB and DT, we cannot count on the defense to keep us in games even against mediocre teams. We know the results of meeting talented loaded teams like the clowns and bama.

Mac cannot use the suspensions and injuries as an excuse. In year 3, he should have recruited quality depth across the board. But the coal miner has struck out on the majority of his 3* diamonds, leaving us in a bad situation when a starter is out. Garcia, a walk-on, getting minutes due to not enough scholarship LB's says it all about this staff.

Frost would be an improvement without a doubt. Is he capable of winning the SEC? (note i said winning, not getting us to to Atlanta) I think his system would work with the talent available in Florida, we definitely should be more competitive with a functioning offense, which we have seen from him. Nebraska hasn't been relevant for quite a number of years, but he is a cornhusker, which would be a higher appeal to him. Try to return that program back to a powerhouse, or use the talent in the southeast to showcase his system and take Florida back to championship form. Here would be a quicker path to glory.

I just know that Stricklin needs to be putting out feelers right NOW, and keep Foley out of the decision.

:pumper: Go Gators :pumper:

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
The best Litmus test imo for the current state of the program is to know what our rival fans think of us.

although Frost has ties to Nebraska i don’t see him taking that job.

1. This is of course a terrible litmus test and would only work a little bit if you qualify it to when the UF program is shakey. Even then it is a bit of projection of your own insecurity and jealousy. If you tried to evaluate UF's current state when being successful by going to rival fan boards you would learn nothing. The truth is that FSU fans are very much afraid they will lose to UF this year.

2. If Frost wants the UF job, then it would be his job to sell the powers that be at UF that he would not use UF as a stepping stone.

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
1. This is of course a terrible litmus test and would only work a little bit if you qualify it to when the UF program is shakey. Even then it is a bit of projection of your own insecurity and jealousy. If you tried to evaluate UF's current state when being successful by going to rival fan boards you would learn nothing. The truth is that FSU fans are very much afraid they will lose to UF this year.

2. If Frost wants the UF job, then it would be his job to sell the powers that be at UF that he would not use UF as a stepping stone.

I hear ya, and that probably is true.
But couldnt I argue that if we were good, wouldnt the FSU fans acknowledge that? Wouldnt they say stuff like we need to get better or thats what we should strive to be? Of course, there will be the normal pompous rival fan talk like ( UF sucks, jort-wearers etc.) but those are humorous comments not something anyone really means.

When FSU was good prior to this year, I as a gator fan, acknowledged their success and wanted us to get better.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Did you just write what I think you did?

Where we he be going from here? Ohio State?

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think you misspelled that, our program needs the sh*tmus test.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
How about we get a coach who will change his "system" to use the talents and abilities of our current players, instead of insisting they adapt or be replaced.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The litmus test is what you do against ranked opponents. Mac's 4-8.

FAIL.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I explored this topic by visiting a FSU board and found a thread on our team.

While I buy in to the concept of rivals wanting you to keep a coach is a sure sign he is a loser....I have to question your choice of rivals to look into. Their fanbase does not function in reality as seen by the actions of St. Bobby, TPD, and an endless stream of players never prosecuted or even charged. Their perception of what is real is purely imaginary.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Don't need litmus to know the koolaid we've been drinking for 2.5 years is piss.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
This is easy. The litmus test I use is the lack of rival trolls on this board. Our rivals simply don't have anything to troll us about. To troll us now would be like preaching to the choir. Successful teams get trolled; shyte teams get ignored by their rivals.

Wuerffel4Pres

No offense
Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2016
This is easy. The litmus test I use is the lack of rival trolls on this board. Our rivals simply don't have anything to troll us about. To troll us now would be like preaching to the choir. Successful teams get trolled; shyte teams get ignored by their rivals.

Yep. We're so bad, no one even cares anymore. I haven't looked forward to football season in years...

And it just gets worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.