The Masters

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Can you believe what this asswipe did to his family? I hope he never manages another top-20 finish. I'd kick his ass if he was my kid.

How much is substantiated vs rumor or only one side of the story at this point? I really haven’t cared to look

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

Apparently, the only thing Ox loves more than Tiger, is cock.

:lmao:

I usually just “like” threads that make me laugh, but this one deserved a direct reply. :lol:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I like exciting golf. I think Patrick Reed bored the tits off everyone who watched.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
How much is substantiated vs rumor or only one side of the story at this point? I really haven’t cared to look
Just Google "Patrick Reed family feud." You'll learn enough about Reed's alleged drinking, stealing, cheating on the golf course, snubbing his own family to likely fill your opinion box.

Let me put it this way. If Reed were posting here, he'd have beaten me out for third place in the worst poll.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Just Google "Patrick Reed family feud." You'll learn enough about Reed's alleged drinking, stealing, cheating on the golf course, snubbing his own family to likely fill your opinion box.

Let me put it this way. If Reed were posting here, he'd have beaten me out for third place in the worst poll.

I've since googled a few things and seems nothing more than everyone trying to make their own opinion about a family matter that they really know nothing about. On the surface yeah it's framed poorly but we know nothing about his life with his parents...parents aren't always a shining example of how people should act especially when a talented athlete child is involved. There could be a lot of reasons for these stories but we and everyone else really knows nothing

Jack o' Diamonds

My mind is made up, don't confuse me with facts...
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2015
I've since googled a few things and seems nothing more than everyone trying to make their own opinion about a family matter that they really know nothing about. On the surface yeah it's framed poorly but we know nothing about his life with his parents...parents aren't always a shining example of how people should act especially when a talented athlete child is involved. There could be a lot of reasons for these stories but we and everyone else really knows nothing

But, it's on the internet, it has to be true!!

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I suggest you invest some time in reading those pieces. Especially the one from ESPN.

His father invested a lot of time in teaching him the game of golf. There's no question but that there was involvement in the kid's life. Then he meets Justine and suddenly dumps his parents. That strikes me as a bit odd.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I suggest you invest some time in reading those pieces. Especially the one from ESPN.

His father invested a lot of time in teaching him the game of golf. There's no question but that there was involvement in the kid's life. Then he meets Justine and suddenly dumps his parents. That strikes me as a bit odd.

Who is interviewed and quoted for this ESPN story?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

And how about the baby sister? Again, I get getting mad at your parents though going on 7 years is a bit much...but how do you turn your back on her? There's something really wrong here. The wife seems like a monster.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The thing with Reed’s family is just sad, similar to Aaron Rodgers. Seemingly everything in life going right for the guys, being professional athletes and all, and they have zero family life. At some point you have to sit down and hash things out, move on.

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
Lots of family situations are complicated, including those involving professional athletes. As someone else said, you'd hope there is some reconciliation soon since there are grandchildren involved. There doesn't seem to be glaring evidence of parental abuse that brought this estrangement about. His wife does appear to be the one driving the hostility train.

Sean O'Hair is a golfer who had some PGA success a few years ago and his story was somewhat similar. He apparently did suffer some family abuse and once he married his in-laws became more like his parents....sort of like the mother/father he never had. Don't know that he ever reconciled with his birth family.

It's a sad thing to watch, even from a distance.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Who is interviewed and quoted for this ESPN story?
I get it, innocent until proven guilty. Patrick refuses to talk about it and yet his actions speak volumes. His younger sister says fame and money have changed him for the worse. What would her agenda be? His parents sit at home crying for not being able to be their son during his finest hour. They obviously care.

And so I ask: Can this many snubbed family members be that wrong? Better still, can there be anything so wrong with what they may have said or done that Patrick can't step to the plate and be a leader and say let's be family again? Esp for the two grandchildren?

He's young, stupid and under the influence of fame. He's going to deeply regret it as he gets older.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Lots of family situations are complicated, including those involving professional athletes. As someone else said, you'd hope there is some reconciliation soon since there are grandchildren involved. There doesn't seem to be glaring evidence of parental abuse that brought this estrangement about. His wife does appear to be the one driving the hostility train.

Sean O'Hair is a golfer who had some PGA success a few years ago and his story was somewhat similar. He apparently did suffer some family abuse and once he married his in-laws became more like his parents....sort of like the mother/father he never had. Don't know that he ever reconciled with his birth family.

It's a sad thing to watch, even from a distance.

I was about to bring up Sean O’Hair...I remember playing in a junior tournament he was in and he was like the #3 ranked junior at the time so there was a lot of buzz about him there. There were also a lot of talk about his poor relationship with his over bearing father and heard some rumors of abuse. You unfortunately hear that a lot with talented kids. Now I was obviously nowhere near their talent level but my dad was an ass to me if I had a bad round or game or whatever. Never physically but verbally non verbally to the point we’ll never have a great relationship. I quit golf in college because I knew i wasn’t good enough and my parents basically cut off contact with me for a while after that...I was a 20 hour drive from home and they basically said you figure out how to get home. We eventually got over it but we’re not close. I’m sure their story would be told quite differently than mine. That’s why these family estrangement stories are stupid and should be left out of the media...it’s not our business

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I was about to bring up Sean O’Hair...I remember playing in a junior tournament he was in and he was like the #3 ranked junior at the time so there was a lot of buzz about him there. There were also a lot of talk about his poor relationship with his over bearing father and heard some rumors of abuse. You unfortunately hear that a lot with talented kids. Now I was obviously nowhere near their talent level but my dad was an ass to me if I had a bad round or game or whatever. Never physically but verbally non verbally to the point we’ll never have a great relationship. I quit golf in college because I knew i wasn’t good enough and my parents basically cut off contact with me for a while after that...I was a 20 hour drive from home and they basically said you figure out how to get home. We eventually got over it but we’re not close. I’m sure their story would be told quite differently than mine. That’s why these family estrangement stories are stupid and should be left out of the media...it’s not our business

'78 seems to have an uncanny interest in Reed's private life.

Since when has BSPN become a bastion of journalistic integrity?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

Sorry to hear. Thank you for your perspective and story.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
'78 seems to have an uncanny interest in Reed's private life.

Since when has BSPN become a bastion of journalistic integrity?
Reed just won the Masters. He can kiss his private life goodbye.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Some of the people railing on about invading Reed's "private life" certainly have no problem bashing Tiger Woods for his.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.