The National Signing Day Thread

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
Future math major at FSU
Like football players go to class at FSU? Making them come to class would cut into their time assaulting female students. If they did that, TPD would have nothing sweep under the rug. We can't have that.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You know whats crazy is that this reminded me of Lemons. Kid was considered one of the top 2-3 backs in high school, the best player in florida, up unitl he started getting in trouble and missing games. He dropped like a rock in the ratings but his talent is still there and we saw it in small amounts this year. I only mention because Grimes got injured and dropped in the rankings at least on 247 from 5 to 4 star. But lemons is a bonified 5 star talent we need to take advantage of
Yup, and that’s my point about stars. Individually you can assess why they are what they are. As in Lemons case, he was dropped for non-talent reasons. You know the risk and you either take it or pass. Franks is the opposite, highly rated 4* solely because he has a cannon. But it makes sense in Lemons case because what are the odds he’ll contribute? He first had behavior or grade issues to overcome. Then he got pissy because he didn’t play enough. Very real chance that he was never going to stay around long enough if Davis isn’t injured. So to me the stars are just a risk indicator. Most times it’s very accurate and then you have a few outliers. Lemons is an outlier, but almost wasn’t.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Copeland tweeted that Bama called him after the game last night.

I hope we get him for more than just his talent. I'm tired of Pensacola being owned by Alabama. They pull any kid out of that area they want, especially the 4 and 5 star kids. Leatherwood last night, for example.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

I hope we get him for more than just his talent. I'm tired of Pensacola being owned by Alabama. They pull any kid out of that area they want, especially the 4 and 5 star kids. Leatherwood last night, for example.

Yeah... Pisses me off too. That's my home town...and I'm sick of bama pulling guys from there... Seems like the last legit player we got from there, that I can remember, was when muschamp pulled Purifoy... There are about 5 legit HS's there and they produce players every year....

Hell... I walked the halls with Derick Brooks back in the day. He was a big mofo but was pretty modest considering... Too bad he became a semi...

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Updated 2018 college football recruiting rankings before the 2018 National Championship Game

https://www.seccountry.com/sec/upda...ting-rankings-2018-national-championship-game

College football team recruiting rankings
1. Georgia
2. Ohio State
3. Texas
4. Penn State
5. Alabama
6. Miami
7. Oklahoma
8. Notre Dame
9. USC
10. Clemson
11. Auburn
12. LSU
13. Washington
14. Michigan
15. Oregon
16. Tennessee
17. Florida
18. South Carolina
19. Virginia Tech
20. Maryland
21. TCU
22. Texas A&M
23. Mississippi State
24. N.C. State
25. Baylor
26. Michigan State
27. Louisville
28. Oklahoma State
29. Kentucky
30. Minnesota
31. West Virginia
32. Vanderbilt
33. Florida State
34. Iowa
35. Ole Miss
36. North Carolina
37. Wisconsin
38. UCLA
39. Washington State
40. Cal
41. Nebraska
42. Purdue
43. Missour
44. Indiana
45. Colorado
46. Syracuse
47. Rutgers
48. Cincinnati
49. Georgia Tech
50. Illinois
51. Virginia
52. Pitt
53. Stanford
54. Northwestern
55. Arizona
56. USF
57. Wake Forest
58. Iowa State
59. Duke
60. Texas Tech
61. Boston College
62. Boise State
63. Western Michigan
64. FIU
65. Utah
66. Houston
67. Tulane
68. Toledo
69. Kansas State
70. Kansas
71. Temple
72. Arizona State
73. UCF
74. SMU
75. Colorado State
76. BYU
77. Western Kentucky
78. Arkansas
79. Louisiana Tech
80. Northern Illinois
81. UTSA
82. Southern Miss
83. Bowling Green
84. Memphis
85. East Carolina
86. San Diego State
87. Nevada
88. Oregon State
89. Arkansas State
90. Navy
91. Appalachian State
92. Texas State
93. Fresno State
94. Georgia State
95. Tulsa
96. Army
97. Troy
98. UConn
99. North Texas
100. Central Michigan

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015

I sat next to the wife saying "That's a WR we tried to recruit. There's a LB we wanted. There's ...." :eek3:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I sat next to the wife saying "That's a WR we tried to recruit. There's a LB we wanted. There's ...." :eek3:

The same thing has happened in Jacksonville. Butters has basically conceded Jacksonville to whoever the hell wants it (Bama, Ohio State, Georgia, FSU, you name it). WE used to get the best players out of Jacksonville! Now we get scraps (Khalif Jackson, for example).

Let's hope Mullen can take back some of these spots that used to be Gator territory.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Anyone got any info on Trevon Grimes? In the twitter thread Slevin posted, they are saying Grimes said on Instagram that he has been cleared for next season. I can't confirm that anywhere.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Anyone got any info on Trevon Grimes? In the twitter thread Slevin posted, they are saying Grimes said on Instagram that he has been cleared for next season. I can't confirm that anywhere.
I think they said Jefferson said that on instagram

Edit nevermind i see what youre seeing. Yeah cant find the info either ill keep looking though

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Grimes, jefferson, cleveland, tony, possibly watkins in the slot? Oh my god

:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

which of them is going to run the option? because that's what we're going to be doing...

and throwing shuttle passes.

the really important question is can they block? when you identify a Deonte Thompson that knows how to block that's when you know your offense is ready.

Last edited:

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

which of them is going to run the option? because that's what we're going to be doing...

and throwing shuttle passes.

the really important question is can they block? when you identify a Deonte Thompson that knows how to block that's when you know your offense is ready.
You can do better than this

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.