The National Signing Day / Recruiting Thread: 4* WR Justin Watkins Commits

Discussion in 'Main Sports Forum' started by BMF, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Swamp Donkey

Swamp Donkey 82% sarcasm 18% full of shyt
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $4,567
    Ratings:
    +27,562 / -593
    I live in Realville. I've seen Mullinz offense. I don't like it but he won some games. I also know it doesn't matter if we have receivers or not.

2. jereed16

jereed16 Senior Member

Oxbucks:
    $30
    Ratings:
    +184 / -29
    Bubba Caldwell, David Nelson, Percy Harvin, Louis Murphy, Dallas Baker, Riley Cooper, Frankie Hammond...any of those names ring a bell?

3. oxrageous

oxrageous American Hero
    Administrator

Oxbucks:
    $3,171
    Ratings:
    +17,760 / -149
    Good to see your optimism gone and you back to your old self.

4. Swamp Donkey

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $4,567
    Ratings:
    +27,562 / -593
    Yeah, two per year got 300-500 yards a year about half of which were yac after screens or shuttle passes.

#5504 Swamp Donkey, Jan 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  5. Swamp Donkey

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $4,567
    Ratings:
    +27,562 / -593
    Im sure we will have a competent to good OL, a decent run game, a good S&C, stronger defense.

Im just not delusionole about thinking there will be any significant passing game. We will be 70-100ish likely.

6. Bernardo de la Paz

Bernardo de la Paz No Talent Ass Clown
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $87
    Ratings:
    +2,139 / -8
    I may remember incorrectly, but it seems like the shovel pass mostly went to the TE when Mullen was herehere.

7. Slevin

Slevin GCMB’s Sweet Prince
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $2,110
    Ratings:
    +4,353 / -68
    We arent going to be a 4k passing offense, youre right. Nobody not named jboss is dumb enough to think that. I do however think its absurd to not think we cant average right around 3k in passing every year, seeing how thats how much his offense averages anyways. The qbs we will pull at uf will be far better than what he got at MSU.

#5507 Slevin, Jan 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  8. Swamp Donkey

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $4,567
    Ratings:
    +27,562 / -593
    It changed by year. When we had an athletic TE it was him, when we didnt it was whichever bigger WR lined up inside.

Its a good play and we used it well, but it is really just another option pitch which happens to go 3-4 yards forward instead of 3-4 yards back.

9. gatormandan

gatormandan On our way back!
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $717
    Ratings:
    +5,248 / -162
    Sounds like the donk is pining for more Nussmac offense.

10. ItsDookie87

ItsDookie87 ...it's best to let him finish
    Supporting Member

Oxbucks:
    $344
    Ratings:
    +547 / -16
    Sounds like Nicholas Petit-Frere (5* OT '18) will be making an OV to UF on the 19th or 26th. OSU will be getting the last visit so we should roll out the red carpet to make him not want to leave.

11. SaltGator

SaltGator Midline

Oxbucks:
    $85
    Ratings:
    +350 / -1
    Throw him a pizza party and it will be a done deal.

12. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits Member

Oxbucks:
    $371
    Ratings:
    +818 / -15
    Hopefully one of the arctic freezes blows through when hes up there!

13. ItsDookie87

Supporting Member

Oxbucks:
    $344
    Ratings:
    +547 / -16
    Here's an article about NPF visiting...

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/...ountryUF&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Social

Nicholas Petit-Frere talks Florida
    The recruiting process will soon heat up for Nicholas Petit-Frere.

The 5-star offensive tackle from Berkeley Prep (Tampa, Fla.) has decided to officially visit Alabama, Florida and Ohio State in the coming weeks, according to Bill Kurelic of 247Sports. Petit-Frere already has visited Michigan and Notre Dame.

Petit-Frere last visited UF on July 22 and told SEC Country he wants to see “everything” the program has to offer.

“I got a chance to see most of the school the last few times I’ve been,” Petit-Frere said of Florida. “I want to see how they treat their academics, what they’re doing with football and what their future is with the new coaches. Then just checking out Florida as a whole and being around the players.”

The in-state Gators have been heavily involved in his recruitment throughout the process, but they experienced staff turnover in 2017 and now have Dan Mullen at the helm.

Petit-Frere said he was impacted by the departures of former UF coach Jim McElwain and offensive line coach Brad Davis, but not enough to lose interest in Florida.

“It’s kind of like 50-50 with me,” Petit-Frere said when asked if the coaching changes affected him. “I had a good relationship with them, but that kind of thing happens in college football. Coaches come and leave, so you have to deal with that.”

Petit-Frere has been in contact with Mullen and will host him on an in-home visit this month. Mullen inherits a team that went 4-7 last season, but Petit-Frere believes the first-year coach can have success with the Gators.

“It’s still Florida. It’s still a great football program,” Petit-Frere said. “I’m just researching the new coaches and what’s going on there, what’s changing and what’s the same.

“I’m just going to start learning about Coach Mullen and the new program at Florida. I’ve talked to him a little bit. He told me he was very grateful that he got a chance to come back to Florida and make his own legacy.”

The 6-foot-6, 272-pound Petit-Frere has also met with new UF offensive line coach John Hevesy. He left a positive first impression on the Under Armour All-American.

“He seems like a really good coach, an NFL-type. He has good pedigree,” Petit-Frere said of Hevesy. “He thinks he can do a lot for me as a college football player as far as getting me to the next level. You can never promise anyone NFL success. You can only promise that you’ll make sure they are stabilized at your school and taken care of. I was very grateful and appreciate that he talked to me about that.”

Petit-Frere is ranked the nation’s No. 3 offensive tackle and No. 17 overall prospect in the 247Sports Composite rankings. He will likely make his decision on National Signing Day.

“At the end of the day, it will come down to what I feel is best for me,” Petit-Frere said. “I’m just going to see how it rolls and go from there. I’m trying to learn about all the schools recruiting me before I commit.”

14. BMF

BMF Junior Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $1,101
    Ratings:
    +6,514 / -81
  15. Ancient Reptile

Ancient Reptile Senior Member

Oxbucks:
    $380
    Ratings:
    +1,018 / -78
    Better than Dak?

16. ItsDookie87

Supporting Member

Oxbucks:
    $344
    Ratings:
    +547 / -16
    Will Miles of Gators Breakdown used to write for SEC Country, I believe, and decided to branch off and start his own website. He just started a month or so ago but he's put out some nicely researched articles on what to expect.

17. BMF

BMF Junior Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $1,101
    Ratings:
    +6,514 / -81
    Thanks for posting. Yes, he did write for SEC Country. He's using the same format and graphs that he used over there. I didn't know about his site. He should have reached out to Ox so he could write for gatorchatter. I'm sure it would have been much more lucrative and easier than starting his own site!! :D

18. Durty South Swamp

Durty South Swamp doodley doodley doo!
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $806
    Ratings:
    +9,425 / -60
    You're gonna use this guy to bolster your argument? Should have just stuck with the others, hammond was about as big a bust as one can be.

19. ItsDookie87

Supporting Member

Oxbucks:
    $344
    Ratings:
    +547 / -16

Rivals 4* OT '19

20. ItsDookie87

Supporting Member

Oxbucks: